Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Big J Illinois

Selling off more molds

Have this set we are selling. Does anyone know a value, and a maker ?

20170715_103623.jpg

Love that Nativity set J. It is my favorite only in front of the Santa's Best that Sears used to sell. Looks to be in great condition.

1 person likes this

Don't know the value but the nativity is very nice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

I think all of those should have their makers names molded into them.  As for values, I don't keep track of values of any of the blow molds, my interests are in their history.

Mel

Hey Mel, I know it's not about the value, but I do know it's worth somthing, not sure how much though. I would ask for a fair price. Of all the molds you have , I am sure you know a value for insurance reasons.... I know I would insure them , if I had ALOT and rare ones. Thoughts?

UDATE:Just sold the whole nativity set this AM!! :( sad to see it go,but the guy who bought it, said it will be well cared for!!

So are you no longer putting a display up since you are selling everything?

No, just won't have molds out anymore:)

4 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Mel, I know it's not about the value, but I do know it's worth somthing, not sure how much though. I would ask for a fair price. Of all the molds you have , I am sure you know a value for insurance reasons.... I know I would insure them , if I had ALOT and rare ones. Thoughts?

No, we don't have a value for insurance reasons and our arrangements are to give them all to a fellow collector along with all my files on them at no charge when the time comes to part with them.

Mel