Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Glenn Barber

Wind ripped my Inflatable Snow Globe

The wind grabbed my 8 foot tall Snow Globe last Saturday night a threw over the fence.  It ripped it in the back on a seam about a foot long - how is the best way to temporarily repair it until after Christmas?  Right now I have it stapled (LOL) and it is holding.  I don't expect it to hold much longer.

I had the same problem on my Santa.  I haven't fixed it yet but I am tomorrow the wind is supposed to be a lot slower.  But I posted about this and got a response of hot glue gun.  But I also did some looking at home depot and they have an inflatable pool repair kit which pretty much a patch and some rubber cement.  Depending on the size of your rip you may need more than one kit.  But it's very inexpensive.   I also thought about using some gorilla tarp repair tape.

Thanks John those are some good ideas.  I like the pool patch idea.  I will go to HD and get some.  But today the high is 28 Degrees and the staples are holding (LOL) and I will wait till Thursday.  Thanks you for you resposne.

A pool patch or if anyone remembers the "waterbed" lololol....they are both vinyl and GREAT smelling glue. Not so sure on the hot glue ,as it is brittle in the cold air. Give either a try, can't wreck a wreck:)

We own a Moonwalk rental business and use a product called Tear Aid to repair our moonwalks.  It works great on vinyl, is clear and will never ever tear or come loose promise!!!

they also make the same product or fabric.

Well, I know that this is after the holiday, but there's always next year!  I use Gorilla tape, and it works extremely well for me.  They now also put out a clear tape as well.

I had a big snow globe a few years ago and of course some kids vandalized it by slashing the globe part right in the middle of the globe.  I got a large needle and 50lb test fishing line and stitched it.  It held the air and the cut was visible but barely