Poloron Mechanical Santa Motor

Franchise_24

• Members

I remember years ago seeing a thread about someone was building their own motor for the Poloron Mechanical Santa and selling them.  Now as of right now mine is working fine, but I think it might be a good idea to pick up a spare for when the time comes that I need it.  Can anyone point me to that person that was making and selling them?

Thanks,

Neal

Lexington, Ohio

• Members

Window wiper motors are really strong and usually pretty inexpensive if buying used. Heck, the simple ones are pretty inexpensive even if buying new.

I'm not sure how your Santa is put together, but if the top is already on a pivot, a deer motor may do well for ya.  It's cheap and you have the advantage of it auto reversing when encountering a force to stop it.

Lots of Halloween props are built with both.  Let me see if I can find a vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxZNeLr8nI

Illinois

• Members

image.thumb.png.b11d8a92fde2e0daa0ed8777f62e3805.png

I used the wayback machine to look at the old PC Forums and I could see this topic was posted Dec 6 2020, but it didn't crawl the page so I can't see inside the posts.  Anyone know if Merrymobile Guy is still around, or Shane do you remember this thread by chance and can help me out?

Lexington, Ohio

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I remember the post. I don’t have one but recommend motor for metal frame deer. One of them did not think it had torque required to move it. One of them recommended high torque motor that moved slow and used 120V. That about what I can remember about it.

Scott Rob