Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chris in Ct

Baby back ribs??

76 posts in this topic

Any recipe works & tastes great if cooked on a Big Green Egg. I use the 2-2-1-1 method. Smoke with lump coal and apple wood chunks at 250deg 2 hours, continue another 2 hours with foil wrapped around them, and uncovered for another hour or until 1/2" bone showing. Misting every hour with a 50/50 mix of apple juice / apple cider vinegar. Cut and refrigerate overnight. Then cook 1 hour wrapped at 300deg and serve. Oh yeah baby... 1 more hour for these....

image_zpseb2e8a34.jpg

I use the Backwoods Party

http://www.backwoods-smoker.com/our-cookers/party/

I have heard great things about the Green Egg, but after my due diligence decided to go with the Party for more room.

I used to wrap my ribs and also used to put some brown sugar, honey and apple juice in the wrap. I have since given that practice up and just straight up cook my ribs for 3 1/2 to 4 hours depending on size at 225 degrees and that is it. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference and it is much less work.

The thing I love about the Backwoods Party is that it can hold the temperature at 225 degrees and I can get a 10 hour burn on 10 pounds of charcoal.

One other trick I learned for having ribs whenever I want them is to vacuum seal them right after you take them off of the smoker, freeze them and then when you pull them out just throw them in a boiling pot of water for about ten minutes with the bag sealed. You would think they just came off of the smoker.