Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

307 posts in this topic

Stan,

I checked out your pictures from 2007. Wow! What a display. It looks like a lot of fun. I bet kids stand there looking with big wide eyes.:shock: Thereare so many wonderful display items to see! :]

Michael Beason

:tree:Thanks Michael

The children and adults both loved the displays this year. it took 18 days to set it up. 10 days for the silhouettes and the houses, and 8 days to wire it up. i will be added a few more pictures tonight. Thanks..

Hi Guys

I have not posted in almost a year. Here is a link to my Nativity (called starwood singers) also the 12 days of christmas part 1 and two. let me know what you think.

Gilbert

GIL

Boy its good to see you back again, You have been missed. I still love the mary had a little lambs song and how your choir molds come in at the end that is so cool!!!

Here's my nativity scene complete with choir:

post-251-129571043874_thumb.jpg

post-251-129571043888_thumb.jpg

post-251-129571043898_thumb.jpg

post-251-129571043908_thumb.jpg

Randy, it looks wonderful!

Thanks Carrie! Your massive choir inspired me!

Here is ours it is not that big of a scene because we usually only do inflatbles....

post-9426-1295710444_thumb.jpg

I guess using real people is probably cheating.

I think this is probably from the first night. All other nights, I turned off the lights on the mega tree and left the star on.

post-5365-129571044499_thumb.jpg

I guess using real people is probably cheating.

I think this is probably from the first night. All other nights, I turned off the lights on the mega tree and left the star on.

Wow! That is way cool! Can you tell us more about it?

It's an indoor production that we've been doing for about 25 years. Last year was the first year we used a synchronized forest of lights, and it really seemed to turn out well.

Let's see...

Our website:

http://www.fbcpageant.com/

Photos of productions:

http://www.fbcpageant.com/gallery/main.php?cmd=album&var1=Performance/:

Videos of some of the lighting (sorry for the poor quality):

http://www.youtube.com/user/FBCPageant

To get the thread back on track, I really liked the way the Nativity scene looked in front of the simple white lights. Everyone was afraid it wouldn't work, but I kept reminding them of all of the great Nativity scenes people put around their homes during Christmas time. Those look great surrounded by various modern Christmas elements, and I think the scenes from last year's production really turned out well.

I didn't hear a single comment that any of the Biblical scenes didn't work in front of the white lights. Of course, I did no light choreography during any of the Biblical scenes.

Edited by macbeth95

Here is a piture of my Nativity. I purchased the frames from Lori's and put the lights on Joseph and Jesus. My nine year old daughter put the lights on Mary.

Post pictures of your Nativity.

Michael B

I am going to use this video and edit out the Virgin Mobile at the end but guerilla projection this on the face of my garage every 1/2 hour with lights in synch with it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/go%2Bjesus%2Bchristmas/video/x3sgu2_go-jesus_fun

I have never had a Nativity in my display. I really never had a good spot for one. Well I removed a 7' tall Japanese Maple from the center of my landscaping which died. This must be a sign from God telling me to add a Nativity.;)

So I was thinking of doing a simple white cutout type nativity like one from Winfield Collection. This would be right in the middle of the whole display and can be spot lighted on it's own channel so it can stand out. I'm thinking I can also hide a couple of controllers behind it! It would go behind where the deer are now.

07houseall600.gif

What do you think?

I wish I could find the pics of my nativity to share. Our nativity was made by my grandmother, all ceramic. I'll have to keep looking.

Toymakr000 i love how you did your trre on the side like a candy cane stripped!! Very nice display!

toymakr dude you got a LOT of lights!! is that santa flashing over the roor at 10,000 MPH?? : ) sure you couldnt use a blowmold nativity? i have the 2007 general foam holy family and wise men. hope to find more folks and animals for it this year!!

Jim

We got this one this year and our kids love it.

Thats a fine looking manger scene

This is such an old but good thread. Here's our nativity.

post-4247-129571046543_thumb.jpg

Your nativity is beautiful Danielle. I love the way you displayed it.

OK, here's mine. The nativity is off to the right. While it looks like the nativity is off to the side, it is line with a long lane you must drive down to see the display. While all the other lights are animated, the nativity remains lit from dusk 'till dawn. I live away from any sources of light (besides what I choose to have) so when all other lights go off between sequences the nativity is on it's own.

post-2250-129571047929_thumb.jpg

Bill,

I love it! Do you have a close up of your Nativity. I want to see it in more detail if you have one.

OK, here's mine. The nativity is off to the right. While it looks like the nativity is off to the side, it is line with a long lane you must drive down to see the display. While all the other lights are animated, the nativity remains lit from dusk 'till dawn. I live away from any sources of light (besides what I choose to have) so when all other lights go off between sequences the nativity is on it's own.

Bob, I am in the same boat you are. No street lights and other than my yard it will likely be very dark. After loking quickly at your picture, I think I am going to place my Nativity "off to the right" also because that will be the FIRST thing you see as you drive up to my display.

I also think for ym own display that I would like it to be off on it's own. The reindeer and the Three Wise Men don't really get along well! :eek:

what do you guys think of this. i got a wire frame/ rope light holy family and wise men that are much bigger than my blow molds (new walmart size general foam) about twice the size.. would it be too much to set the wire frame set behind the blow mold set?? i really like them both but the blowmolds are my fav.. i have a VERY small front yard 100 ft wide but only 20 ft deep.. so i cant set them up in different spots and and have room for them to be seperate from santa and the gang : )

Here is our Nativity as always each year.

post-8402-129571054307_thumb.jpg