Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

307 posts in this topic

Here is the set I made from the Sherwood collection. I think possibly this summer I will pait it colors. It is a layered techique that is used. 5 layers. I made the barn out of wooden pallets and some think bark. Will put a back on it this summer made out of wood and painted blue probably with stars.

Christine

post-6138-129571023735_thumb.jpg

Our wireframe nativity doesn't seem to fit in with all these very niceblowmolds and cutouts.Anyway, here is a video of our nativity that has a new animated angel that I made this year.

Scott4864 wrote:

Our wireframe nativity doesn't seem to fit in with all these very niceblowmolds and cutouts.

Hey Scott,

What do you mean your nativity doesn't fit in?

Yes it does and I think it looks great. :waycool:I like the angel up above too.

Tom

Edit: I just saw the video and really liked how the angel's wings flap up and down. Great job!!!

Here's ours, custom made by Lori's, lit with rope light.

Marilyn

post-31-129571023772_thumb.jpg

I just didn't see any other wirefames posted. It looks like most of the posts are blowmolds or cutouts. I like all of them. I just prefer wireframes.

I just looked back through the thread and noticed that it started with Michael B's wireframe nativity.I guess I should pay more attention.

Marilyn,

Nice job!!!:waycool:

Scott,

Overlooking around here is real easy to do :]. That's what keeps us on out toes.

Tom

thanks Tom. This and the jitterbug dancers in the music area were real hits this year.

blow molds 2008 wrote:

here's ours000_0987.jpg?t=1200042837.

I can't see your picture. I can see everyone else's, but not yours.

Michael B

Scott4864 wrote:

Our wireframe nativity doesn't seem to fit in with all these very niceblowmolds and cutouts.Anyway, here is a video of our nativity that has a new animated angel that I made this year.

Scott,

Yours is incredible. Don't knock it. I love it. Wireframes show better in person that in a picture. You did an outstanding job display your Nativity. I love the angel.

Michael B

nanac1 wrote:

Here's ours, custom made by Lori's, lit with rope light.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Your display is gorgeous! Your wireframes from Lori's send the right message. Terrific nativity.

Michael B

Thanks Michael. I'm planning on having Lori's make two more kings and the animals for 2008.

Mairlyn

Scott4864 wrote:

Scott, I love the way you made the sheep and shepherd shake in fear. Great job

Mike

My images (sorry a little dark). These are plywood cutouts painted black as silhouettes . I put some clear minis on the back and mounted them on the fence for a nice backlit glow. I slapped together some 2x4s for a crude manger and mounted the angles/star above. Each 'group' is a channel and I incorporated them into my show at appropriate times. The star is 2 channels (need to improve it though) and had cool fading effects.

On 12/22, a windstorm knocked over the manger and pretty much destroyed it. I was able to remount the angles/star on the fence...but not until 12/31 as I was out of town. At least the decorating contest judging was over (I won). ;)

I had 2 separate friends call me and tell me about the damage. A TCL member offered to go fix it for me on Christmas Eve (while I was over 500 miles away). Good friends.

eDSC00522.JPG

eDSC00517.JPG

eDSC00520.JPG

The camel hid the controllers pretty well.

eDSC00521.JPG

eDSC00525.JPG

Because the angles were mounted high, I needed something behind them for the glow effect...and so I wouldn't disturb the neighbors. I went cheap and used the leftover 1/4" plywood in an outline shape and mounted it on the backside of the 2x4. It seemed to work well. 2008 will need a new design though....

Robert

Robert,

Why do you say you need a new design, ithey look great?

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

Robert,

Why do you say you need a new design, ithey look great?

Michael B

Thank you.

To clarify...a new design on the placement in the yard. :)

You really needed to view the yard from the side to see the cutouts, but you needed to see the house from the front to see all the animation. Make sense?

Maybe in 08 I can use my neighbor's fence and place them all along there.....

rns

Here is a picture of mine from 2006. It hasn't really changed much, we just relocate it each year.

Will Sanders

post-227-129571024078_thumb.jpg

sorry.here's a better pic i hope.great pic's everyone.

thanks for looking.

post-8625-129571024548_thumb.jpg

I am so thrilled looking at all the different nativities you all have shown. It is amazing all the creative ways we can celebrate our Lords birth.

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

I am so thrilled looking at all the different nativities you all have shown. It is amazing all the creative ways we can celebrate our Lords birth.

Michael B

Michael, I agree with you so much.

This would be a great post to bring back next fall to get folks spooled up and give ideas. Everyone's nativity scenes looks really great!!!

Superthread Michael, thank you for starting it. :waycool:

Tom

Just noticed this topic. Here's my nativity

post-8714-129571030771_thumb.jpg

Will Sanders wrote:

Here is a picture of mine from 2006. It hasn't really changed much, we just relocate it each year.

Will Sanders

Mine is the exact same frame, but with minis and that holographic stuff!:shock:

Like the blow ups! Where did you get them?