Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garage Christmas Train

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just wanted to share a few photos that I took of a Christmas train that is in this gentleman's garage, which is located in Downers Grove Illinois. Here are the pictures. There are three separate trains going. Three levels of tracks for the three trains.

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the pics! I like how he had the military figurines in the display!

Is this a battle on going, or are they departing for war on a train?

Posted · Report post

Run civilians Run!

Posted · Report post

Is that Rion Goyette house on 67th Street?

He's been displaying since the early 70's and he's a great guy. I'd always run into him at Downers Grove Hobbies, which unfortunately is no longer in business (got ate up by St Aubin).

I heard he had quit a few years back or had really scaled back. Is that so?

His display was always my inspiration.

Posted · Report post

Karl LaFong wrote:

Is that Rion Goyette house on 67th Street?

He's been displaying since the early 70's and he's a great guy. I'd always run into him at Downers Grove Hobbies, which unfortunately is no longer in business (got ate up by St Aubin).

I heard he had quit a few years back or had really scaled back. Is that so?

His display was always my inspiration.

I am not sure if that is his name but the house is on 67th street. He may have scaled back a little on certain things but add more animation to the windows. Which I love. I heard that the Macy's characters in the window are around 15k. I think that is what they tell me. If you run into him, please tell him my wife and I love his display. We go back every year. He is also my inspiration. I am planning on converting my Halloween crypt to one of his animation boxes that he has in the front. I had heard that he had a stroke and that the neighbors helped put it up one year. That is unbelievable. Here are a few pictures of his house that I took this year. I also have a link so you can see more. I took so many pictures when I was there. After I heard he had a stroke I am so afraid that it could be the last time he has it up.

I heard that there is a guy from Lemont that does this too. Do you know where?

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

Here is the link to more photos. I also have photos of Greg Parcell's display and another house in Oakbrook, Illinois.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y260/lovermonkey/Christmas/

Posted · Report post

Mark,

Thanks for the photos! This is a really nice display! In your pics, thereare two

boxes. Are those coin ops? At first I thought they were claw games, but with the

wood case, I wondered if they were antiques?

Posted · Report post

If you are referring to the photo just above your post those are actually "guest books" for visitors to write hometown, comments, questions, etc.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Karl!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the photos - super cool train, and other parts of the display as well. As for the military question, I sure hope they are departing, for the other sides sake... because I don't see any cannons pointing back!

Our Three Rules

At PlanetChristmas we are always positive, family friendly and Christmas-centric.

Lots More Information

What Drives Over-The-Top Christmas Decorators?

It is all about making lifelong memories and family traditions.