See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Sylvania Yulescapes?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amd250

amd250

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

I just got back from the large garbage pickup by me and I go two large wooden reindeer about 5 feet high white just needs new paint, Sylvania Yulscape Gingerbread House and the two gingerbread firgure, can someone tell me anything about them. What year are they from, are they rare? I don't mean valuable, I just have never seen them before.  I also got like a lighted up disco ball, and a 7 foot white lighted christmas tree. Not bad for free.

#2 Guest_Blowmold Magic_*

Guest_Blowmold Magic_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

I don't know an exact year. But I remember seeing them new in the store. Ames sold them. And they went out of business a while ago. I imagine not many survived, the lights went bad and that foam like material I'm sure didn't last long if they weren't taken care of. It is a cute set, and even better for free!

#3 milyfaz

milyfaz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

There are not many things in this world that excite me the way a good garbage pick does.

#4 amd250

amd250

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

The foam on this set is in perfect condition one of the gingerbreads needs new lights but easy to replace.

#5 Brad Caudill

Brad Caudill

Blowmold God

• Members
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I love those.. Sears carried the Yulescapes stuff to.. They weren't cheap. I think they made a few other houses too.  I got the gingerbead house and a few other things.... lights are about out on it but I use it still.. the foam does get bad but it works great with the blowmold gingerbread men. https://www.facebook...&type=3

Official member of the zillion blowmolds club.

http://christmascaro...=4&pictureid=21

#6 Glenview LIghts

Glenview LIghts

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 11,177 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:///

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I had a Sylvania Yulescapes Snowman and a motorized Elf. I bought them in 2006. The Snowman, sadly, deteriorated badly (the foam) and I had to toss it. The Elf is still in working condition. At that time, I was tempted to buy the gingerbread house but didn't do so. They were widely distributed here in the Chicago area. I do recall them being more or less on clearance at FIM (a store here that would buy overstocks) in 2007 and 2008.

Carrie Sansing
The Original Blow Mold Bohemian
www.holidayuniversity.com
www.constantlychristmas.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users