Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

Santa Needs A 'warming Hut'

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, I need something that could keep me warm while I am out 'guarding' our display.

I live in the suburbs of Denver and yes, it certainly can get quite cold here in the evenings around Christmas time. Typically in the evenings I sit out on a lawn chair in the driveway while cars are watching the display and generally try to greet each car with a smile and a candy cane.

But after 20-30 minutes or so, I need to go back in the house to warm up. It's just too cold to stay out there all the time

It would be great if there was a portable 'warming hut' that I could quickly step into to warm up my body so that I could stay outside for longer durations of time. I don't know what exists, but it would have to be very portable, perhaps operate on propane or electricity (preferred) and be see-thru so that I could peek out and exit quickly if I needed to stop vanadalism or go meet a car.

Anybody have any ideas what I could use to stay warm instead of just freezing sitting on a lawn chair?? --Greg--

Posted · Report post

I think just pointing one of those propane heaters at you would be a big help. I watch traffic from the inside of the house, but then you cant meet people I guess.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry. Double post.

Edited by vkjohnson

Posted · Report post

Search the internet for ice fishing huts.

Posted · Report post

Get one of those patio heaters. Propane fired, easy to move and quite toasty under it.

Posted · Report post

Toasty Toes and Hand Warmerswould help.

Also if you make a little "Santa Shack", colorfully decorated, with a light inside and seat and small heater, have a window so you can wave hello to the cars outside. Add a microphone and outdoor speaker to say Hello to the little girl or boy in the blue car. Wow, wouldn't that be exciting.

post-7201-0-18352500-1349655651_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

The Lowes stores in my area all build little shacks useing 2x4s to frame and plastic sheets with a little electic space heater. Another option is build a "gaurd house" that is suppose to house a toy Soldier in it. One side could have wheels mounted on it so you could move it like a wheelbarrow. When you are not in it, you could put a toy Soldier in it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

i built a santa house for my daughter and son in law to stand in to get out of the rain.

i decorated it with lights and other decorations.

They would use a little propane heater when it really got cold.

It was about 3ft deep and 4ft wide.

There is a picture on missoui state. I gave it to somepeople to use in their display

post-20-0-30561100-1327974204.jpg
post-20-0-27224200-1327974188.jpg
post-20-0-29487200-1327864534.jpg
Edited by Bob Steers

Posted · Report post

This was our Santa house in Sturgis, MI

post-7418-0-62546300-1390082242_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

i built a santa house for my daughter and son in law to stand in to get out of the rain.

i decorated it with lights and other decorations.

They would use a little propane heater when it really got cold.

It was about 3ft deep and 4ft wide.

There is a picture on missoui state. I gave it to somepeople to use in their display

Wow!  I love your Santa House you built.  The snow on the roof is great.  It has that nostalgic feel to it that I remember as a child in the 1970's.

Thank you for sharing those pictures. :)

Allen