See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Santa Needs A 'warming Hut'

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Greg.Ca

Greg.Ca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well, I need something that could keep me warm while I am out 'guarding' our display.

I live in the suburbs of Denver and yes, it certainly can get quite cold here in the evenings around Christmas time. Typically in the evenings I sit out on a lawn chair in the driveway while cars are watching the display and generally try to greet each car with a smile and a candy cane.

But after 20-30 minutes or so, I need to go back in the house to warm up. It's just too cold to stay out there all the time

It would be great if there was a portable 'warming hut' that I could quickly step into to warm up my body so that I could stay outside for longer durations of time. I don't know what exists, but it would have to be very portable, perhaps operate on propane or electricity (preferred) and be see-thru so that I could peek out and exit quickly if I needed to stop vanadalism or go meet a car.

Anybody have any ideas what I could use to stay warm instead of just freezing sitting on a lawn chair?? --Greg--

#2 vkjohnson

vkjohnson

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think just pointing one of those propane heaters at you would be a big help. I watch traffic from the inside of the house, but then you cant meet people I guess.

Victor

Paxton, IL

www.LightingUpPaxton.com OVER 500 AMPS FOR 2014. ALL INCANS!
lor_336_red_red.gif

140000_green_green_0.gif

#3 vkjohnson

vkjohnson

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Sorry. Double post.

Edited by vkjohnson, 07 October 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Victor

Paxton, IL

www.LightingUpPaxton.com OVER 500 AMPS FOR 2014. ALL INCANS!
lor_336_red_red.gif

140000_green_green_0.gif

#4 WhitePlainsNY

WhitePlainsNY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Search the internet for ice fishing huts.

#5 jihans

jihans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Get one of those patio heaters. Propane fired, easy to move and quite toasty under it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Darlene Pino

Darlene Pino

Beloved

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Toasty Toes and Hand Warmerswould help.

Also if you make a little "Santa Shack", colorfully decorated, with a light inside and seat and small heater, have a window so you can wave hello to the cars outside. Add a microphone and outdoor speaker to say Hello to the little girl or boy in the blue car. Wow, wouldn't that be exciting.

Attached Files

DARLENE PINO
Days till Christmas
Albany, Georgia
LightsToMusic.net
13 LOR Controllers, 4 CCR, DMX, Animatronics, Inflatables, Blowmolds and a yard full of lights! since 2007

#7 blndnwo2luv

blndnwo2luv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

The Lowes stores in my area all build little shacks useing 2x4s to frame and plastic sheets with a little electic space heater. Another option is build a "gaurd house" that is suppose to house a toy Soldier in it. One side could have wheels mounted on it so you could move it like a wheelbarrow. When you are not in it, you could put a toy Soldier in it.

#8 Bob Steers

Bob Steers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

i built a santa house for my daughter and son in law to stand in to get out of the rain.

i decorated it with lights and other decorations.

They would use a little propane heater when it really got cold.

It was about 3ft deep and 4ft wide.

There is a picture on missoui state. I gave it to somepeople to use in their display

scan0008.jpg
scan0009.jpg
scan0003.jpg

Edited by Bob Steers, 18 January 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#9 remixsam

remixsam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Walking downtown as a child to the Santa house... There was a path lined with tall metal candy canes that lead you to a small birdhouse shaped Xmas house... I remember the wall paper and the old element heater... We got a big candy cane as we left... And we would drive around looking at lights... I was always memorized by the street decorations... We had the red lanterns, the scintillos and candy corns in a wreath... Turns out thy were bells... Lol. This fully explains my obsession now...

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

This was our Santa house in Sturgis, MI

Attached Files

#10 Allen L.

Allen L.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:I don't really have one Christmas story to tell, but I do miss seeing Mr. Roden during the Christmas season. Mr. Tom & Betty Roden were my parent’s next door neighbors from 1975 until 2002. Mr. Roden worked at a Bank located inside an old 1965 Mall. When the Mall replaced their old 1965 Christmas decorations in 1976, Mr. Roden was allowed to take some of the old ones. The decorations were commercial grade C9 lights with big green garland and big lighted red blow mold bells with snow painted at the bottom. These decorations were Mr. Roden's pride and joy at Christmas time. As Mr. Roden got old, I kept hanging those lights and bells for him until he passed away. Soon after he died, his wife gave me the decorations and said he wanted me to have them. Since Mr. Roden's passing, I put them up every Christmas at my house. It always brings a smile and a tear to my eye, when I get ready to hang the decorations, because of all the wonderful memories. (In loving memory of Mr. Tom Roden)

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

i built a santa house for my daughter and son in law to stand in to get out of the rain.

i decorated it with lights and other decorations.

They would use a little propane heater when it really got cold.

It was about 3ft deep and 4ft wide.

There is a picture on missoui state. I gave it to somepeople to use in their display

Wow!  I love your Santa House you built.  The snow on the roof is great.  It has that nostalgic feel to it that I remember as a child in the 1970's.

Thank you for sharing those pictures. :)

Allen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users