Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

How To Attach To J Channel

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This year I was going to do some striping on my house and will need to have a hook (or something to run a wire to) where the overhang of my roof meets the brick front on my house (see the pic). I was wondering what you guys do? I am not real comfortable with nailing/drilling into the brick where the channel meets it, but I can't seem to find a good hook to use that won't ruin anything. I was thinking that there might be something I can slide up between the brick and the j channel that will then sort of hold into place, but I haven't seen something like that for sale. Do you guys have any ideas?

post-1895-0-00840500-1345325657_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

I use these binder clips to hold wiring up against the soffit. They hold great and you can also run zip ties through the wire levers to hold wreaths or other items

post-7182-0-20468000-1345338349.jpg

Posted · Report post

I would suggest 3M command hooks.

For something a little more permanent, you can use a Cable Ties Mount like the ones found here.

Posted · Report post

Brilliant both of you! I get so absorbed it the issue that i can't get past it sometimes.

Picked up some binder clips today (little mini ones for $0.88 for 12) and they seem like they will work perfect for the j-channel. Then for around the windows the 3M hooks will be great on the vinyl where the binder clips won't work.

Thanks guys!