See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

How To Attach To J Channel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toozie21

toozie21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

This year I was going to do some striping on my house and will need to have a hook (or something to run a wire to) where the overhang of my roof meets the brick front on my house (see the pic). I was wondering what you guys do? I am not real comfortable with nailing/drilling into the brick where the channel meets it, but I can't seem to find a good hook to use that won't ruin anything. I was thinking that there might be something I can slide up between the brick and the j channel that will then sort of hold into place, but I haven't seen something like that for sale. Do you guys have any ideas?

Attached Files

You used up all the glue ON PURPSE! ~A.C.S.

#2 Dave H

Dave H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I use these binder clips to hold wiring up against the soffit. They hold great and you can also run zip ties through the wire levers to hold wreaths or other items

Attached Files

#3 cacoulter

cacoulter

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I would suggest 3M command hooks.

For something a little more permanent, you can use a Cable Ties Mount like the ones found here.
Cory Coulter
Cumming, GA

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 toozie21

toozie21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Brilliant both of you! I get so absorbed it the issue that i can't get past it sometimes.

Picked up some binder clips today (little mini ones for $0.88 for 12) and they seem like they will work perfect for the j-channel. Then for around the windows the 3M hooks will be great on the vinyl where the binder clips won't work.

Thanks guys!
You used up all the glue ON PURPSE! ~A.C.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users