See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Members Mark Nativity

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 eagle5

eagle5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

I did some work for a gentleman who didn't have any money but had alot of stuff. He let me select some items for payment. I came across 3 boxes apprx. 30" x 48" x 18". On the outside was a picture of a complete nativity, on all 3 boxes. I told him I would take these 3 boxes, which he agreed, for I thought I had a bunch of small nativities that I could possibly sell off or give away. When I eventually opened the boxes 4 months later, to my surpise was a 9 piece 30" tall full nativity. I about passed out. I can't seem to find it's value, for insurance reasons, but I would like to know if anybody has one of these. I believe it's from Sam's, but I wasn't going back to the gentleman to ask anymore questions.
Thanks
Mark
lor_96_blue_yellow.gif
90000_blue_yellow_0.gif

#2 scotty2403

scotty2403

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Could you post a picture of the Nativity?

#3 eagle5

eagle5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Hope this helps.Attached File  G& H room 011.jpg   1.26MB   11 downloads
lor_96_blue_yellow.gif
90000_blue_yellow_0.gif

#4 BaldEagleChristmas

BaldEagleChristmas

Member: I'll Take Them Down Later Club

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

I can't tell the scale from the photo but it looks beautiful! And the detail is great. Get the value for insurance if you need to, but I would not sell it; it is great!

Mike
Twin Cities, Minnesota

#5 urthegman

urthegman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Absolutely Beautiful !!!!

#6 eagle5

eagle5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

I don't want to sell it, but if it walks off, I want to be able to have a value for the insurance company. The fence in the back is 6' and the king on the left and the angel in the back are 30" tall. I've got 2 - 500watt halogen lights on a motion sensor so if anybody gets too close after hours it will make them think twice. We have a huge problem with stealing Jesus's in this town.
lor_96_blue_yellow.gif
90000_blue_yellow_0.gif

#7 scotty2403

scotty2403

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

That is a beautiful set! Unfortunately, I don't know anything about it or how much it's worth.

#8 BaldEagleChristmas

BaldEagleChristmas

Member: I'll Take Them Down Later Club

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

I don't want to sell it, but if it walks off, I want to be able to have a value for the insurance company. The fence in the back is 6' and the king on the left and the angel in the back are 30" tall. I've got 2 - 500watt halogen lights on a motion sensor so if anybody gets too close after hours it will make them think twice. We have a huge problem with stealing Jesus's in this town.

Who knew that Wichita was a haven for Jesus thieves!

Mike
Twin Cities, Minnesota

#9 Christmasjunkie

Christmasjunkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Suggestion:

A few years ago, my Nativity got vandalized. The next year I built a platform on my roof and put the whole thing on the peak of my roof in the front. It allowed the Natvity to be the center of the display but very untouchable. It was easy to do and just cost a sheet of plywood and some 2 x 2's Just a suggestion.

lor_64_blue_red.gif
25000_lightgray_none_7.gif
Charlie Brown: "Isn't there anyone who can tell me what Christmas is all about?"
Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the World" John 9:5

#10 peppers-palace

peppers-palace

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

WOW that is a beautiful set.

#11 llewis

llewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Beautiful!
Merry Christmas! Posted Image www.christmaslightsetc.com

#12 BroLarry

BroLarry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

You might can get some help with identifying this set from:
http://friendsofthecreche.org/
They also have a facebook page.

Larry Russell
Celebrating Luke Chapter 2
with the sights and sounds of Christmas
www.merrychristmasmississippi.com

www.themississippisanta.com

#13 Guest_Scot Meyers_*

Guest_Scot Meyers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Ok so you got these beautifull 30" peices 2.5 ft basically WOW!! I would build a rollout navitity that can be rolled into the garage at night. the barn would be heavy enough to avoid any theft because no 2 people can pick it up.

#14 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:My favorite Christmas story? Well of course it is the birth of Christ. But I also love The Polar Express and The Muppet's Christmas Story.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

That is beautiful, I am surprised that you would expose it to weather let alone the Jesus bandits.

It seems that stealing baby Jesus is typical around most parts of the country, blows me away. In my small hometown in central Utah they used to have a beautiful nativity in the city park every year and after several years of Baby Jesus thieves they put up a chain link fence around the display. Kind of lost the feeling. They eventually discontinued the display altogether at the advice of the city attorney for fear of getting sued.

It's CHRISTMAS folks, get over it.

:P
Sorry for getting off topic.

Rod Butler
Cottonwood Heights, Utah

#15 cpad04

cpad04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Somebody should write a story about an extreme holiday decorator who saves Christmas.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

I am pretty sure you are correct -- Members Mark is from Sam's Club. That is an incredible set you have! Back pre-2004 or so, Sam's Club used to sell a lot of Christmas figurines under the "Grandeur Noel" brand -- many, many porcelain sets. My mom has several of the smaller porcelain sets she received as gifts. But I have never, ever seen a nativity set that large from the Sam's Club collections! Each of the smaller porcelain sets sold for about $50-60, and the figurines were no more than 12-13" tall.

If you do an ebay or Google search for "grandeur noel" you will find several of the old collections for sale, some going for over $100-200 (when they originally sold for about $50)

#16 maws

maws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Home Alone

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Beautiful set. Price would be around $500-$750.

#17 eagle5

eagle5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

If I may ask, were did you get your info? Do you have one?
lor_96_blue_yellow.gif
90000_blue_yellow_0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users