Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since my display is almost entirely LED, I'm using a "poor man's" slip ring to light up my carousel and ferris wheel. Pictures can be seen here: www.santatrain.com

It uses a 1/4" Phone plug & jack and has been tested on a drill press for well over 100,000 revolutions. See attached.

Train_SlipRing Model (1).pdf

Happy New Year to all.

Posted · Report post

Looks like you've got a great setup going! Looking at the pictures and descriptions, it looks like you have several neat features which are animated. Also, in one of the top photos, it looks like your immediate neighbors decorate as well! Very cool!

Posted · Report post

Hey azfrankp -

Your display looks like it would be a lot of fun to sit out in front of and watch for quite awhile. Nice job!

Posted · Report post

That is perfect My carasel will have lights next year.

Posted · Report post

Wow great idea thanks for sharing

Posted · Report post

AWESOME website!!! Did it say the train stops and pops up candy canes for the viewers WOW totally cool! :cool:

Posted · Report post

did you build your ferris wheel if so do you have plans on it and what is it built out of pvc etc... thanks everything looks great and did you use a slip ring on the lights on that too