See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

My 2011 Christmas Display On Florida's Space Coast

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

Got a late start this year, and everything seemed to take forever, but I'm finally done! Whoo Hoo! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
My motto is that if it doesn't move, put lights on it. If it does move, sneak up behind it and put lights on it anyways.
(Motto borrowed from Bob Van Streader, cuz it just made me laugh!)

My stained glass shop: http://beyond-the-looking-glass.com

#2 blowmoldman

blowmoldman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

do you want more poloron reindeer? who made the santa holding his stomach on the talle? is that artistic latex angel caroler. oh, ps your poloron nativity is in excelent condition!

#3 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

The Santa holding his belly is made by Arvey Corp, he's styrofoam, about 2 feet tall. Yes, that's an Artistic Latex angel caroler. He's in rough shape, but he's still a cutie. Thank you for the complements on my nativity. Mary, Joseph, and the 2 taller wisemen are repaints!
Posted Image
My motto is that if it doesn't move, put lights on it. If it does move, sneak up behind it and put lights on it anyways.

#4 cars06

cars06

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Elaine that is very very nice!! Love your nativity and the sleigh/reindeer on the roof looks awsome!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE a picture of the train that runs on that lionel track!!! : )

Jim : )
HOW\'D YOU DO THAT??

#5 blowmoldohio

blowmoldohio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Very nice display!!! -I really like your fireplace mold in front of your windo inside! very cool mold! -Merry Christmas!!! :)

#6 SteveMaris

SteveMaris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Christmas vacation.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Looks great, nice job!

#7 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for the nice words! Yes, blowmoldohio, the fireplace is one of my favorites, especially since we don't have a real fireplace. Thanks for asking about the Lionel train, Jim. My son loves to show off HIS train! Last Christmas, his Pappy (my dad), built him a special table for the family room so the train could be run all year long, instead of being stored up in the attic. The table also displays the Plasticville houses my parents put around the tree when I was a kid. Right now, the train is running around our Christmas tree.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_A.F.NUT_*

Guest_A.F.NUT_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

I don't know where to begin! I absolutely LOVE how you have Santa flying! That is just perfect! Your Poloron Nativity is just pristine! And I love the angels with it and all of your baby Beco kids. And then your inside! I love your older pieces, wish my Poloron deer had their bottom hooves. And your village. WOW And nothing says Christmas more than a Lionel train around circling Plasticville! Just gorgeous!

#9 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

I don't know where to begin! I absolutely LOVE how you have Santa flying! That is just perfect! Your Poloron Nativity is just pristine! And I love the angels with it and all of your baby Beco kids. And then your inside! I love your older pieces, wish my Poloron deer had their bottom hooves. And your village. WOW And nothing says Christmas more than a Lionel train around circling Plasticville! Just gorgeous!

Thank you for the kind words, Tom. Your opinion means a lot to me! Merry Christmas!
Posted Image

#10 peppers-palace

peppers-palace

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Elaine it is an awesome display. Your santa sleigh on the roof is really nice too. I love the reindeer in the wall inside & love love love the fireplace.I didn't get to use any of my coke village this year.Hopefully next year my sunroom will be done & I can use all of mine.The lil tikes house is really neat too.
Merry Christmas!

#11 blowmoldman

blowmoldman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

well, your nativity looks orig.

#12 Squeakton

Squeakton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

GREAT DISPLAY!! So much to look at and to love!!
May your neighbors respect you,
Troubles neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you.

#13 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Fantastic display inside and out :)
Posted Image

#14 cars06

cars06

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the train pictures!! good old lionel pennsylvania special!! great train!!
HOW\'D YOU DO THAT??

#15 RichardG

RichardG

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Wow! Looks good inside and out. Love the gingerbread scene and the inside..love it all.
Richard Gierlich

AC:cool:

#16 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the train pictures!! good old lionel pennsylvania special!! great train!!

Yep, gotta love the Lionel trains. My ancestors (for at least the past 200 years) have all been located in southeast PA, so we had to have a couple of Pennsylvania RR cars! Was at Barnes and Noble last night, and they had a Lionel Christmas train that was really cool, but even at half price, I just couldn't swing $125. It would look really amazing under the tree, though!
Posted Image

#17 blow mold13

blow mold13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

Wow graet display and awesome job on the repaints!!! Is the porloron girl in the back of the chior a repaint? Again Very nice job!!!! ^_^

#18 scotty2403

scotty2403

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Beautiful decorating both inside and out! Love the choir, Nativity and North Pole display!

#19 blow mold13

blow mold13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

oops i just realized i misspelled great.

#20 Elaine F

Elaine F

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Wow graet display and awesome job on the repaints!!! Is the porloron girl in the back of the chior a repaint? Again Very nice job!!!! ^_^

Thank you! The Poloron choir girl is a repaint (and I did some repair work to her neck and right arm). Also my nativity (Poloron/Holiday Innovations) is repainted. I completely stripped and repainted Mary, Joseph, Jesus, and the 2 taller wisemen! :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users