See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Replacement Blower Motor

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tigger2U43

tigger2U43

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have an 3.5 foot inflatable M&M that I purchaced two seasons ago. This year when I went to plug it in the motor is not working. There is power to the inflatable because the lights light up. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement blower?

#2 krusaders

krusaders

Christmas in Cotton Plant

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

You will be better off to buy a cheap 4' and replace it yourself. Is the motor on the stand or on the inflatable?
CHRISTMAS IN COTTONPLANT

www.christmasincottonplant.com

#3 tigger2U43

tigger2U43

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Krusaders, the motor is screwed onto a plastic base which is attached to the inflatable. I have thought about going the route of buying a cheap inflatable and swapping the motor. I may do that after christmas if I have not found an alternative. I just thought there might be a web site where I could go to get a replacement.

#4 krusaders

krusaders

Christmas in Cotton Plant

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Krusaders, the motor is screwed onto a plastic base which is attached to the inflatable. I have thought about going the route of buying a cheap inflatable and swapping the motor. I may do that after christmas if I have not found an alternative. I just thought there might be a web site where I could go to get a replacement.

There is a website for replacement parts but will have to look to see if they have the 4' fans...Gemmys replacement parts all go to www.holidayinflatablestore.com
Gemmy has supply him with all of it now...
CHRISTMAS IN COTTONPLANT

www.christmasincottonplant.com

#5 VegasLee

VegasLee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

See if this is a fan that might work on that inflatable. http://www.yardinfla...ase-_p_994.html

This fan might be to big for that Inflatable though.

Edited by VegasLee, 06 December 2011 - 07:07 PM.

Life is about paying it forward, one smile at a time

Collectors of "PUFFIES" and proud of it!

Lee and Laura's Holiday Display

#6 Mike Bluford

Mike Bluford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

See if this is a fan that might work on that inflatable. http://www.yardinfla...ase-_p_994.html

This fan might be to big for that Inflatable though.

Just ordered this for my igloo with santa sitting on it, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Have a Great 2012!
Mike, Cindy, Chris & Spunky the wonder dog

#7 Mike Bluford

Mike Bluford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

Just ordered this for my igloo with santa sitting on it, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Just got the delivery today and http://www.yardinfla...tack_p_659.html is what was in the box! No tethers or stakes but I have already inflated in the living room (wife loved it). I'm going to try and take the motor out so I'll be able to put it back in for next halloween. I have looked for pictures or videos about changing the motor out and couldn't find any, so maybe I'll try and make one.

Edited by Mike Bluford, 15 December 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Have a Great 2012!

#8 VegasLee

VegasLee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

Glad you got something. Hopefully the fan will work on your other Inflatable. If it is the right size should not be to hard to change out then you can put it back on the Pumpkin stack for Halloween.
Life is about paying it forward, one smile at a time

Collectors of "PUFFIES" and proud of it!

Lee and Laura's Holiday Display

#9 Mike Bluford

Mike Bluford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

The only problem might be thats its a newer model than the other one (2004 or 5) and I think they mount different, but I'll figure it out thats part of the fun :P
Have a Great 2012!

#10 candee

candee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi everyone!! First of all let me start by saying Merry Christmas!!! ......... Now for what I came here for..... My son has a 6 ft.+ grinch inflatable that isn't working anymore and was wondering if anyone on here might know what is wrong with it... Last year the light would not work and this year he couldn't get anything to work.. motor? fuse? bad cord?.............. I have no clue about this stuff but told him I would ask you guys!! I figured someone on here would be able to tell us something.
Thank you!!
Do something nice for yourself today! Better yet do something nice for someone else today and everyday!

#11 KarenW

KarenW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

I think I have the same Grinch, the lights inside of mine are just clear c7 bulbs. There are several of them inside of there. You just unzip from the bottom, and pull the lights out and pop that little plastic cover open and you can check to see if the light bulbs are burned out. I bought my Grinch broken off of ebay, there were not new ones for sale that I found anywhere this year and I had to replace the motor and I didn't keep the old one so I can't tell you about the fuse. I had a motor from another inflatable in storage and just used that. If you don't want to mess with fixing it, I would keep it and list it on ebay next December even broken it will probably bring a decent price. It seems that when people want a Grinch, they really want a Grinch.

You can just watch garage sales this summer and I'll bet you can find used inflatables with similar motors, lights etc if you want to fix it. It really isn't hard to replace the motor. I did need a star shaped screwdriver to get the old one off, and of course a phillips screwdriver.

#12 candee

candee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think I have the same Grinch, the lights inside of mine are just clear c7 bulbs. There are several of them inside of there. You just unzip from the bottom, and pull the lights out and pop that little plastic cover open and you can check to see if the light bulbs are burned out. I bought my Grinch broken off of ebay, there were not new ones for sale that I found anywhere this year and I had to replace the motor and I didn't keep the old one so I can't tell you about the fuse. I had a motor from another inflatable in storage and just used that. If you don't want to mess with fixing it, I would keep it and list it on ebay next December even broken it will probably bring a decent price. It seems that when people want a Grinch, they really want a Grinch.

You can just watch garage sales this summer and I'll bet you can find used inflatables with similar motors, lights etc if you want to fix it. It really isn't hard to replace the motor. I did need a star shaped screwdriver to get the old one off, and of course a phillips screwdriver.

Thanks for your help! I will be on the lookout for something that might work. my son really likes his Grinch so we have to try and fix it before we consider selling it... LoL! Thanks again!
Do something nice for yourself today! Better yet do something nice for someone else today and everyday!

#13 giprice

giprice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Scrooge

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have this huge Santa Claus that I bought last year. It's my favorite and when I tried to put it up, the fan motor died. It's square and about 4 inches squared. It says it's 12 volt brushless fan. I tried to look up the company but it's in China and you can only buy in batches. I have no idea where to get one like this or if I can use a different one. It also has to wires that light up the lights inside. My grandson and the rest of the family are as upset as I am.

#14 jarnaez

jarnaez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

what I did with mine was I bought an indistrial air blower fron harbour freight and put it on one of my puffies and it stands up really well. Its about 3 years old and a bit toasty and it would not stand up straight. after I put that industrial blower on it guess what upright like a board

#15 giprice

giprice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Scrooge

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm not sure how we would seal it up around the hole. We saved a whole year to get this but I need to find something not to expensive. I guess I could always sew it around the whole. I'm willing to try anything. This blowup means a lot to us,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users