Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Replacement Blower Motor

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have an 3.5 foot inflatable M&M that I purchaced two seasons ago. This year when I went to plug it in the motor is not working. There is power to the inflatable because the lights light up. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement blower?

Posted · Report post

You will be better off to buy a cheap 4' and replace it yourself. Is the motor on the stand or on the inflatable?

Posted · Report post

Krusaders, the motor is screwed onto a plastic base which is attached to the inflatable. I have thought about going the route of buying a cheap inflatable and swapping the motor. I may do that after christmas if I have not found an alternative. I just thought there might be a web site where I could go to get a replacement.

Posted · Report post

Krusaders, the motor is screwed onto a plastic base which is attached to the inflatable. I have thought about going the route of buying a cheap inflatable and swapping the motor. I may do that after christmas if I have not found an alternative. I just thought there might be a web site where I could go to get a replacement.

There is a website for replacement parts but will have to look to see if they have the 4' fans...Gemmys replacement parts all go to www.holidayinflatablestore.com

Gemmy has supply him with all of it now...

Posted (edited) · Report post

See if this is a fan that might work on that inflatable. http://www.yardinfla...ase-_p_994.html

This fan might be to big for that Inflatable though.

Edited by VegasLee

Posted · Report post

See if this is a fan that might work on that inflatable. http://www.yardinfla...ase-_p_994.html

This fan might be to big for that Inflatable though.

Just ordered this for my igloo with santa sitting on it, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just ordered this for my igloo with santa sitting on it, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Just got the delivery today and http://www.yardinfla...tack_p_659.html is what was in the box! No tethers or stakes but I have already inflated in the living room (wife loved it). I'm going to try and take the motor out so I'll be able to put it back in for next halloween. I have looked for pictures or videos about changing the motor out and couldn't find any, so maybe I'll try and make one.

Edited by Mike Bluford

Posted · Report post

Glad you got something. Hopefully the fan will work on your other Inflatable. If it is the right size should not be to hard to change out then you can put it back on the Pumpkin stack for Halloween.

Posted · Report post

The only problem might be thats its a newer model than the other one (2004 or 5) and I think they mount different, but I'll figure it out thats part of the fun :P

Posted · Report post

Hi everyone!! First of all let me start by saying Merry Christmas!!! ......... Now for what I came here for..... My son has a 6 ft.+ grinch inflatable that isn't working anymore and was wondering if anyone on here might know what is wrong with it... Last year the light would not work and this year he couldn't get anything to work.. motor? fuse? bad cord?.............. I have no clue about this stuff but told him I would ask you guys!! I figured someone on here would be able to tell us something.

Thank you!!

Posted · Report post

I think I have the same Grinch, the lights inside of mine are just clear c7 bulbs. There are several of them inside of there. You just unzip from the bottom, and pull the lights out and pop that little plastic cover open and you can check to see if the light bulbs are burned out. I bought my Grinch broken off of ebay, there were not new ones for sale that I found anywhere this year and I had to replace the motor and I didn't keep the old one so I can't tell you about the fuse. I had a motor from another inflatable in storage and just used that. If you don't want to mess with fixing it, I would keep it and list it on ebay next December even broken it will probably bring a decent price. It seems that when people want a Grinch, they really want a Grinch.

You can just watch garage sales this summer and I'll bet you can find used inflatables with similar motors, lights etc if you want to fix it. It really isn't hard to replace the motor. I did need a star shaped screwdriver to get the old one off, and of course a phillips screwdriver.

Posted · Report post

I think I have the same Grinch, the lights inside of mine are just clear c7 bulbs. There are several of them inside of there. You just unzip from the bottom, and pull the lights out and pop that little plastic cover open and you can check to see if the light bulbs are burned out. I bought my Grinch broken off of ebay, there were not new ones for sale that I found anywhere this year and I had to replace the motor and I didn't keep the old one so I can't tell you about the fuse. I had a motor from another inflatable in storage and just used that. If you don't want to mess with fixing it, I would keep it and list it on ebay next December even broken it will probably bring a decent price. It seems that when people want a Grinch, they really want a Grinch.

You can just watch garage sales this summer and I'll bet you can find used inflatables with similar motors, lights etc if you want to fix it. It really isn't hard to replace the motor. I did need a star shaped screwdriver to get the old one off, and of course a phillips screwdriver.

Thanks for your help! I will be on the lookout for something that might work. my son really likes his Grinch so we have to try and fix it before we consider selling it... LoL! Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

I have this huge Santa Claus that I bought last year. It's my favorite and when I tried to put it up, the fan motor died. It's square and about 4 inches squared. It says it's 12 volt brushless fan. I tried to look up the company but it's in China and you can only buy in batches. I have no idea where to get one like this or if I can use a different one. It also has to wires that light up the lights inside. My grandson and the rest of the family are as upset as I am.

Posted · Report post

what I did with mine was I bought an indistrial air blower fron harbour freight and put it on one of my puffies and it stands up really well. Its about 3 years old and a bit toasty and it would not stand up straight. after I put that industrial blower on it guess what upright like a board

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure how we would seal it up around the hole. We saved a whole year to get this but I need to find something not to expensive. I guess I could always sew it around the whole. I'm willing to try anything. This blowup means a lot to us,