See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Flying Santa Mounting...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seankovacs

seankovacs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

I decided I'm going to hang the Santa and reindeer (Gen Foam blow mold) this year...and by hang, I mean suspend it between the house and tree (anchor points). I'm thinking about going with two guide wires coming off the tree and to the roof. I didn't want to drill any screws into the roof, so I might get a couple cinder blocks and have the guide wire go over the peak and on the other side with the blocks there as weight pulling down (friction and the mass of 2 or 3 should hold). Then from there, lay the sleigh, Santa, and reindeer on top of the wire tied down.

Thoughts??

In Florida, so we typically don't get any high winds during winter.

#2 westislipxmas

westislipxmas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

i use the the big metal eye hooks that you can turn and screw in .. then i put one in the edge of the house (by the gutter) and the other to the tree.. then i use a clothesline (just how you would when hanging clothes) and roll each reindeer and the sleigh out... i attach them using thin wire that you can get at any hardware store...

#3 Tim Bateson

Tim Bateson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Any and all.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Ditto with the hooks. I put my wire frame deer (full size) airborne last year & doing the same this year. Last year they where sweeping upward towards the peak of the house. This year the sleigh will be on the front porch roof and deer sweeping down to the ground.

Edited by Tim Bateson, 06 October 2011 - 01:08 AM.

Tim
www.Liberty-Laser.com/christmas/
There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.-
me Posted Image
Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), Ohio

#4 FandomFilms

FandomFilms

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Same thing here. I have two hooks in the roof and then use plastic coated wire. The entire team is very heavy and takes three of us to get it into place. I also use doll rod with the wires going through it in a couple spots in order to keep the deer in alignment.

The one thing I wish I would have done is break down the deer into sections to make storage a bit easier.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Brian Coy
Crystal Lake, IL

www.985thesnow.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users