Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flying Santa Mounting...

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I decided I'm going to hang the Santa and reindeer (Gen Foam blow mold) this year...and by hang, I mean suspend it between the house and tree (anchor points). I'm thinking about going with two guide wires coming off the tree and to the roof. I didn't want to drill any screws into the roof, so I might get a couple cinder blocks and have the guide wire go over the peak and on the other side with the blocks there as weight pulling down (friction and the mass of 2 or 3 should hold). Then from there, lay the sleigh, Santa, and reindeer on top of the wire tied down.

Thoughts??

In Florida, so we typically don't get any high winds during winter.

Posted · Report post

i use the the big metal eye hooks that you can turn and screw in .. then i put one in the edge of the house (by the gutter) and the other to the tree.. then i use a clothesline (just how you would when hanging clothes) and roll each reindeer and the sleigh out... i attach them using thin wire that you can get at any hardware store...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ditto with the hooks. I put my wire frame deer (full size) airborne last year & doing the same this year. Last year they where sweeping upward towards the peak of the house. This year the sleigh will be on the front porch roof and deer sweeping down to the ground.

Edited by Tim Bateson

Posted · Report post

Same thing here. I have two hooks in the roof and then use plastic coated wire. The entire team is very heavy and takes three of us to get it into place. I also use doll rod with the wires going through it in a couple spots in order to keep the deer in alignment.

The one thing I wish I would have done is break down the deer into sections to make storage a bit easier.

Santa_Sleigh_002.jpg

DSC00110.JPG

DSC00112.JPG