See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

LOR sequence editor help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martin UK

Martin UK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi
I am new user I of the LOR sequence software and am having a few problems, I have watched the tutorials and found that when I try and edit a new sequence to music it plays ok, then when I press the red stop (thatís ok) but the sequence and music starts from the beginning every time, is there a way to stop the sequence and start again from that point? Or start from a few seconds before, I have also found that on the tutorial they put a loop in, I cannot find this, and I donít appear to have a pause button (has the sequence editor been updated since the tutorial?) I am running version 2.9.4 advanced edition.
Regards Martin
16 LOR channels in the post

#2 THurrle

THurrle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Click on play and you will get a drop down menu click play range and select the one you want. IE: from selection, to selection etc. You can also select visible screen to just play what you see.

#3 Clyde Lindsey

Clyde Lindsey

2013 is year # 6 with LOR

• Members
  • 1,737 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Required?

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

Typically, I use the space bar to start and stop the animation while using the visualizer. I used to set the play range but that was a pain in the back side. To start, open up the visualizer, then click back on to the part of the sequence you want to see. Then simply press the space bar to watch and listen. When you're done watching, press the space bar again. I then usually close out of the visualizer and fix/adjust the sequence to my liking. I repeat this over and over... Fastest way for me.

Clyde Lindsey~Leechburg Lights~2012 Videos NOW on YouTube

Facebook@ https://www.facebook...leechburglights
http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

#4 RVOIGT

RVOIGT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Typically, I use the space bar to start and stop the animation while using the visualizer. I used to set the play range but that was a pain in the back side. To start, open up the visualizer, then click back on to the part of the sequence you want to see. Then simply press the space bar to watch and listen. When you're done watching, press the space bar again. I then usually close out of the visualizer and fix/adjust the sequence to my liking. I repeat this over and over... Fastest way for me.

Thats the way I do it too. Works good for me.
Ron

]Posted Image

Posted Image

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing

#5 in2everything

in2everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

Some of the best help I found while learning S2 was the Help index, where you could search for a topic or just browse and read about what all of the buttons and menus do.

As for your question, relxerd already beat me to it, but the space bar also acts as as a play/pause (it works on just about anything on your computer that has play/pause buttons, including youtube). To start playing from an exact spot, you can simply click on that spot in your sequence (so that a cell is selected) and then hit the space bar. ----Be careful that you don't accidentally insert an on/off/twinkle/etc. command though----to avoid this I usually click on a blank cell, hit delete in case I inserted any command into that cell, and then hit the space bar to begin playing from that spot. Hit space bar again to stop.

Another method that I later found and started using quite a bit was to start it playing and for the "range" that I wanted to keep going through, hit the up arrow (I believe it's the up arrow) at the beginning of the range and the down arrow? (I think) at the end of the range. That will make that range turn grey, so that if you press play, it will play only that range. If you have selected "loop at end" then it will continuously play that small section - convenient when you're working on marking the timings on a piece.

I do highly recommend the help section of the LOR software though - I really started enjoying sequencing more and more once I started figuring out all the time I could save by using the built in functions with all the buttons and menu options.

As for loops - what I read told me that loops can only be used in an animation sequence - not a musical sequence. When a sequence if first created, there is a check box to allow loops, but again, I think this option is only available for non musical sequences. The way around this is to create a new animation sequence, create the loop, and then copy and paste the cells into your musical sequence.

Edited by sebringguy00, 16 January 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#6 Martin UK

Martin UK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thank you all for your responses, they have been very helpful, i suppose i am a typical bloke; play first and only pick up the manual if i need it.
Cheers Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users