See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Menifee Lakes Christmas Lights and Parade

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mxtrainer

mxtrainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

Menifee Lakes ca. puts on a good show, with competition from the different tracks. On Christmas eve there is a Christmas parade and all of the streets are decorated with luminaries. Great place to live and enjoy Christmas.

#2 mnull13

mnull13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Where at? I live in Menifee off of Antelope Rd.

#3 mxtrainer

mxtrainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Go to Newport ave. it will be between Antelope and Menifee rd. off of Newport in the Belcanto, Premier etc. tracks of homes. Have fun.

#4 mnull13

mnull13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:21 AM

Ohh, ok, yeah we've driven through there a few times. Have you seen the show with two houses linked together?

#5 mxtrainer

mxtrainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

Yes, that is Dwaynes house with the blue and white. He is the one that motivated me to go broke buying lights. Great guy and very intelligent. We are on the other side of newport "Premier" track. The first house in that track is amazing. His name is Chris and he has a three car garage full of small cities with trains and trollies etc. He opens his house for eggnog and chili to anyone. Great family and has been collecting for 30 years. If you go past his house (the street you turn off of newport is Calle Pompei) and continue till it dead ends (into Loire Valley Lane) then make a left you will see what we were able to come up with for the first year. Look for the arches over the drive way. Have fun and Merry Christmas.

#6 mnull13

mnull13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

The Christmas Vacation house!!!!!!! We have seen your house 10 times, if not more. We love it. My kids and my wife see it every day because they go to Callie. Very, very impressed. Love the theme.

#7 mxtrainer

mxtrainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

i am so glad you and your family enjoy it. I think it brings the "kid" out in most of us, I know that I always have a smile on my face when I turn onto the street and say "that sure looks like Disneyland (miniature of course)".
I am usually out working on something or just looking from across the street, stop and say hello. I either have a santa hat on or a beanie.
Have a merry christmas and great holiday season.
Note: not sure if you saw the santa dvd in the front bedroom window, if not bring the kids by and have a look, it still makes me laugh when I see santa walking around.
Alan and family.

#8 mnull13

mnull13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

Ohhh we saw it, One day as we were leaving my 3 little girls were screaming...nice list, nice list, nice list! They wanted him to know, and they thought he was real. Top notch, I'll try and stop by soon, before it all comes down.
Mike and family.

#9 throbert

throbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Last time I was in that area was about four years ago, but every Christmas eve my family and I would take a drive through there. Very impressive, especially Chris’s house. What a cool place with all the curbs lined with bag candles and everybody out in front of their houses with fires going and being friendly with each other. Very beautiful neighborhood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users