See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Adding an FM transmitter to a Gemmy holiday light show?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dukester544600

dukester544600

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hello I have a Gemmy holiday light show. When I am outside people always stop and say what radio station does the music come through? I hate having to tell them it only comes out of a speaker outside. I would like to add an FM transmitter to it. I would like to know if this can be done and if so which one is recommended? I would like to get it and hook it up as soon as possible so I would need to purchase it from a store. Thanks for all the help with all the other questions I have asked on Planet Christmas. You guys are all very helpful.

#2 reoking

reoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

In place of the speaker, if it is a 3.5mm stereo plug, you can use a CCrane Digital FM transmitter. There is a mod, that you just have to Google for that will boost the power. On the other hand, just get a Y cable and plug your music into the Gemmy on lead, then plug the CCrane into the other lead and it should work like a champ. I would suggest that you look at getting a Light O Rama controller as you can do so much more with one than the Gemmy. IMHO.

#3 teardrop.oh

teardrop.oh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

i also run the gemmy, ues a y cable out of the speaker plug. then a 12' extinion cable, a phono to 1/8 female jack, then a $13.00 ipod raido transmitter. i get around a ctiy blok and works great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users