Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dukester544600

Adding an FM transmitter to a Gemmy holiday light show?

Hello I have a Gemmy holiday light show. When I am outside people always stop and say what radio station does the music come through? I hate having to tell them it only comes out of a speaker outside. I would like to add an FM transmitter to it. I would like to know if this can be done and if so which one is recommended? I would like to get it and hook it up as soon as possible so I would need to purchase it from a store. Thanks for all the help with all the other questions I have asked on Planet Christmas. You guys are all very helpful.

In place of the speaker, if it is a 3.5mm stereo plug, you can use a CCrane Digital FM transmitter. There is a mod, that you just have to Google for that will boost the power. On the other hand, just get a Y cable and plug your music into the Gemmy on lead, then plug the CCrane into the other lead and it should work like a champ. I would suggest that you look at getting a Light O Rama controller as you can do so much more with one than the Gemmy. IMHO.

i also run the gemmy, ues a y cable out of the speaker plug. then a 12' extinion cable, a phono to 1/8 female jack, then a $13.00 ipod raido transmitter. i get around a ctiy blok and works great