See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Garden Ridge Christmas Inflatables

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rita D

Rita D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi All,

Was in Garden Ridge (Houston) this morning and they are starting to set up their Chirstmas inflatables section :)

But, I'm disappointed because not one of them was a Gemmy inflatable. I checked all the boxes but none had a manufacturer or any info on them - just the inflatable picture and GR price sticker. Some of the boxes were colored but most were white boxes with the picture glued on the front of the box.

Now, I'm biased because I've only bought Gemmy inflatables. But, what I look for is how well they inflate and do they stand up well. I give them the squeeze test to see how quickly the air is replaced once I let go. Yeah, I did look a little strange "squeezing" the inflatables, but hey it was early and not too many people were in the store.

I don't think the motors on this brand were very powerful. Yeah, they inflate but some had a hard time recovering from my squeeze test so I thought "how are they going to stand up outside with a little wind?!?!" None of the motors were attached on the bottom (like Gemmy). Their motors were mounted like the small 4' Gemmy inflatables and the plug was large like a converter (?) plug (hope this makes sense). Also some of the D rings on the inflatable (to attach the tie downs) were plastic.

The only one that inflated with pressure was the santa in helicopter but it had a different motor/fan that attached to the inflatable with a tube of fabric and velcro and the motor was pretty large.

Here's what they had (so far):

$29.99 -
48" snowman family
48" penguin family
48" santa sitting in chair

$39.99 -
8' santa with gift box
8' snowman
These were lit with "5 mini lights"

$59.99 -
71" snowman and penguin
48 " santa in sleigh with reindeer
60 santa on tractor

$79.99 -
63" nativity
106" santa in sleigh with reindeer

$99.99 -
92" santa in helicopter (this one had the best motor -in my opinion)

I'm hoping they'll put out some Gemmy inflatables as they continue to stock their shelves. In the Halloween section, they had quite a few Gemmy and one Chrisha creations inflatable (cat) so there's hope.

If anyone else has seen this brand in their stores, give us your opinion. I'd like to hear from you.

#2 Tinker

Tinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Rita, your best bet is to go to gemmy.com and look what they have and see where it is being sold.
visit my store: www.championdecorandmore.com

#3 mikemack

mikemack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

Tink my freind so good to see you on here. I second that, I have a long list of Christmas ones with the stores who will carry them

#4 XmasBoy

XmasBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Are those all they have now, or do they just not have all of their inventory in yet? I haven't been to Garden Ridge in a few years, but I remember when they used to have too many different inflatable displays to count!
Christmas Night Lights

Check out My Display!

#5 Rita D

Rita D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

They were just starting to fill the shelves with boxes of the ones on display. I'm sure they will add more as they ususally carry a lot of inflatables. I was just surprised to see this "no name" brand show up on their shelves as they usually carry a bunch of the Gemmy inflatables.

#6 Tinker

Tinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:13 AM

Hi Mike!! Sorry to have taken so long to answer,but I don't get on here much.
visit my store: www.championdecorandmore.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users