See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

pastel colored c7's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjc2k

cjc2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

havent been here in a while, but I am looking for pastel colored c7 bulbs (NOT LED)
esp. light pink and lavendar for easter
I ordered from christmaslightsetc.com last year but their pink is a hot pink (almost red) and the purple is too dark.
Thanks,
Chris
http://www.e-quanox....e/christmas2006

http://www.e-quanox.com/shinybrite

"Nothing says Christmas like a lifesize, plastic, glowing baby Jesus duct-taped to the roof."

#2 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Don't really have one for Christmas, however, Halloween I have quite a lot! :P

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Well I'd try it this way, go to Michaels or some type of craft store and look for pastel paint (acrylic) in the colors you want, buy some clear C7 (night light) bulbs from the local dollar store (I get mine at Dollar Tree 4/$1.00) and then either dip the bulbs or use a sponge type brush and coat the bulbs.

Yes, it's a lot more work, but this way you can control just how "light" or "dark" you want your "colored" Easter C7 bulbs to be.

I use the Acrylic and pastel paints to paint my C7 bulbs when I need a "colored" bulb for something. Especially when I can't find one in the color I may be looking for or the commercial grades are too dark in color when I want a bulb just coated enough to show a light coloring. (You can use a regular small paint brush, but the sponge brush does a better job and doesn't leave brush strokes on the bulbs painted).

Orville Fugitte ~ Orlando, Florida

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users