See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Where can I buy just a C7 Socket w/metal spring clips?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Don't really have one for Christmas, however, Halloween I have quite a lot! :P

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:28 AM

Just as it says, I am trying and have been searching in vain for these things, just the C7 socket with the metal spring clips. I have found the green C7 Christmas string sockets, but this WILL NOT DO for what I need them for!

I need the type exactly as depcited in the attached photo below. Color of the socket does not matter, white, black, any color will do if I can just find them!

I've searched on-line for hours without success, been to my local hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes and Michaels Craft Stores (which sell them as kits(Michael's) but only at Christmas time! Ugh!)

So if anyone knows where I can buy just the sockets with the metal spring clips ON-LINE that would be a great help. Because again, I can't find the dad-burn things and I KNOW they are out there somewhere. I used to buy them at Ceramic Shops because they are used exclusively for lighting those type of miniature buildings, but every ceramic shop I used to frequent that sold them are all long gone.:(

So I need some help finding these things! I need quite a few of them!

Here's the photo: (this one is already attached to the cord, I just need the sockets, not the cords!)

Edited by LOR-CF, 12 February 2010 - 04:31 AM.

Orville Fugitte ~ Orlando, Florida

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#2 Glenview LIghts

Glenview LIghts

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 11,177 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:///

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

Just as it says, I am trying and have been searching in vain for these things, just the C7 socket with the metal spring clips. I have found the green C7 Christmas string sockets, but this WILL NOT DO for what I need them for!

I need the type exactly as depcited in the attached photo below. Color of the socket does not matter, white, black, any color will do if I can just find them!

I've searched on-line for hours without success, been to my local hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes and Michaels Craft Stores (which sell them as kits(Michael's) but only at Christmas time! Ugh!)

So if anyone knows where I can buy just the sockets with the metal spring clips ON-LINE that would be a great help. Because again, I can't find the dad-burn things and I KNOW they are out there somewhere. I used to buy them at Ceramic Shops because they are used exclusively for lighting those type of miniature buildings, but every ceramic shop I used to frequent that sold them are all long gone.:(

So I need some help finding these things! I need quite a few of them!

Here's the photo: (this one is already attached to the cord, I just need the sockets, not the cords!)

I see you liked my photo. ;)

You can get them on ebay, BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Carrie Sansing
The Original Blow Mold Bohemian
www.holidayuniversity.com
www.constantlychristmas.com

#3 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Don't really have one for Christmas, however, Halloween I have quite a lot! :P

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

I see you liked my photo. ;)

You can get them on ebay, BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Yea, had to heist it because it's the only photo available that shows the socket I'm looking for. I'd have taken a shot of one of mine, but currently camera battery is undergoing it's 12 hour charge.

Problem is I only need the sockets with the attached spring clips that have not been attached to any cords!

If they are already attached, they're worthless to me.

I need to construct my own spacings for the sockets on one power cord. I have the cords, I just need the sockets that press on to them.

I've tried to remove some single sockets like those on e-bay that are attached, just end up destroying the socket. :(

So I'm trying to find only the sockets by themselves. Believe me, I've looked on e-bay and that's what I found too, already pre-made sets. Not what I need.:(

Edited by LOR-CF, 12 February 2010 - 04:53 AM.

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#4 Glenview LIghts

Glenview LIghts

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 11,177 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:///

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Problem is I only need the sockets with the attached spring clips that have not been attached to any cords!

If they are already attached, they're worthless to me.

I need to construct my own spacings for the sockets on one power cord. I have the cords, I just need the sockets that press on to them.

I've tried to remove some single sockets like those on e-bay that are attached, just end up destroying the socket. :(

So I'm trying to find only the sockets by themselves. Believe me, I've looked on e-bay and that's what I found too, already pre-made sets. Not what I need.:(

You can just remove the cords.. But have you tried Action Lighting?

Carrie Sansing
The Original Blow Mold Bohemian
www.holidayuniversity.com
www.constantlychristmas.com

#5 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

You can just remove the cords.. But have you tried Action Lighting?

Carrie, I've been to so many sites looking for these things, I gave up. They sound familiar, but won't say definitely.

Just wish the ceramic store I bought these from originally was still around. I could get them from them as a kit, unassembled, but I can't even find the kits! It's just so frustrating. Like said, I've attempted to remove the ones I have attached as "single light" cords now to try and make into multi C7 fixtures. All I did was end up with two cords and two broken sockets that are now completely unusable.

I figured they just pressed on, they should be easy enough to pop off, but they aren't. Got me kind of frustrated trying to find these dadgum things either by themselves or as a kit.

Someone somehwere makes these things, so they should be available somewhere, wouldn't you think?

Carrie, I just LUCKED out. I actually found them. So if anyone else needs these (SPT1 wire) C7 sockets you can get them with or without the metal spring clips. And the prices aren't too bad either!

They can be found at this page:
http://www.nationala...&cid=27&scid=27

Letter D are the sockets I was looking for! I am soooo happy I LUCKED into this site quite by accident!

On the site they call them this: In-Line or End of Cord Candelabra Lamp Socket w/Clip

I was searching for C7 socket, C7 sockets with spring clips and a bunch of different criteria. Finally I just said LAMP KITS and this site popped right up and they had just what I was looking for!

Just placed an order for 50 of them! (they do require a minimum order of $30)

Edited by LOR-CF, 12 February 2010 - 05:49 AM.
I FOUND THEM!!! I FOUND THEM!!!

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#6 Bill Ellick

Bill Ellick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:58 AM

Glad to see you found the National Art Craft site for these Clay.
I bought 100 of them last fall to make custom light cords for my blowmolds. They work great so you should not have any problems with them.
Just an FYI.

#7 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:08 AM

Glad to see you found the National Art Craft site for these Clay.
I bought 100 of them last fall to make custom light cords for my blowmolds. They work great so you should not have any problems with them.
Just an FYI.

I just lucked into them Bill. I did find two other sites that sold them, but their prices were way more than what I paid at National Art Craft for them (50 @ .68 each) isn't bad at all, of course the more you buy the cheaper they get too. :)

Of course they are now in my favorited list too! Don't want to lose that info or site!

That's also exactly what I am using them for, all the blowmolds I have coming in, want to replace the single bulb element and use 3 or more C7 bulbs to illuminate the entire BM, not just the top or the top half and the middle, leaving the bottom dark. I like things to be lit evenly if at all possible!

I KNEW they had to be out there somewhere! Just glad I happened to run right smack into them.:D

Hopefully I'll have them by Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. Got a lot of "modifications" to do.

Edited by LOR-CF, 12 February 2010 - 06:11 AM.

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#8 Bill Ellick

Bill Ellick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:21 AM

Yea, I was not happy with the single light in my blowmolds either so I made 3 bulb cords for all my trumpet angels and 2 light cords for my Union angels.
After seeing how they looked for this year, I am going to make some more for some of the other molds that I have to increase the amount of light and make them more even looking.
These sockets make it a snap.
I am also making up a santa sleigh and 9 reindeer for a flying santa and am making the deer with 3 bulbs in them as well as a red nose for rudolf.
It certainly makes the deer look a lot better in my opinion.
Here is a pic of the angels with 3 bulbs and a shot of the deer with one bulb and then 3 bulbs. Of course we have to have a shot of rudolf with his red nose.

Attached Files

#9 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:29 AM

Yea, I was not happy with the single light in my blowmolds either so I made 3 bulb cords for all my trumpet angels and 2 light cords for my Union angels.
After seeing how they looked for this year, I am going to make some more for some of the other molds that I have to increase the amount of light and make them more even looking.
I am also making up a santa sleigh and 9 reindeer for a flying santa and am making the deer with 3 bulbs in them as well as a red nose for rudolf.
Here is a pic of the angels with 3 bulbs and a shot of the deer with one bulb and then 3 bulbs. Of course we have to have a shot of rudolf with his red nose.

Bill I have never quite understood why manufactures would make a "lighted" blowmold and then only use one lone C7 bulb to illuminate the entire thing. Just from your photo's with the added bulbs you can see a HUGE difference this makes.

Guess the mfr's were just to cheap to give us the extra cord length and lights to illuminate the entire piece. Then again, if they did, we'd never have anything to complain about or fix and the item would have cost more than it did!

BTW: those angels really look fantastic! I'm hoping to possibly find some of those one day to add to my now and new growing Blowmold collection (uhm, shhh, don't tell my wife, "obsession!":giggle:

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#10 Bill Ellick

Bill Ellick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:36 AM

Thanks.
I ended up picking up 20 of them last fall. That hit the wallet pretty good. :eek:
Probably a good thing that I am not married or else I would not be by now!
They were all brand new, never displayed. My hands were pretty shaky when I went to drill the first one to make the lights for them, but after I lite one up with 3 bulbs there was no stopping.
I'm more than happy with the results.
I ended up going from 0 to 142 molds last year by the time I stopped buying them! But they look great in a display and give me a lot of different things to play with when sequencing. I figure on picking up probably 30 to 50 more throughout this year if possible to complete my choir and do a couple of other scenes with them for the next years display.

Attached Files

Edited by beeiilll, 12 February 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#11 NH - Dave

NH - Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

I bought a case of 36 last season thru Dollar Tree. They have free shipping to the store.
Dave

www.vimeo.com/PineRidgeLights

"Never too many lights - Always too many cords - Usually not enough time!"

Posted Image

#12 CarlD

CarlD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

They can be found at this page:
http://www.nationala...&cid=27&scid=27

You can also buy just the clips, e.g.

http://www.creative-...at=10020&page=1

$0.39 for 10 clips! These should work on most SPT1 or SPT2 candelabra (C7) sockets.
-cd

Posted Image

#13 Max-Paul

Max-Paul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

Thanks.
I ended up picking up 20 of them last fall. That hit the wallet pretty good. :eek:
Probably a good thing that I am not married or else I would not be by now!
They were all brand new, never displayed. My hands were pretty shaky when I went to drill the first one to make the lights for them, but after I lite one up with 3 bulbs there was no stopping.
I'm more than happy with the results.
I ended up going from 0 to 142 molds last year by the time I stopped buying them! But they look great in a display and give me a lot of different things to play with when sequencing. I figure on picking up probably 30 to 50 more throughout this year if possible to complete my choir and do a couple of other scenes with them for the next years display.

Bill, I am coming into this thread late, but just wanted to say that you have a beutiful display of angles. I am sure I know what the answer is, but are those new production angles or someone had a stash and you lucky rascal fell into them?

Thanks

#14 Bill Ellick

Bill Ellick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

Bill, I am coming into this thread late, but just wanted to say that you have a beutiful display of angles. I am sure I know what the answer is, but are those new production angles or someone had a stash and you lucky rascal fell into them?

Thanks

Thanks Max

It took me awhile of searching here and on eBay to come up with all of them. I did luck out and find 12 of them at one time from one source that just happened to have them.
Was a little costly but worth it for me to get them all to be able to do what I wanted to do. I need to find about a dozen or so more of the carolers though to make it all look right though. Hopefully throughout this year I will be able to get them to round out everything.

#15 peppers-palace

peppers-palace

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

Thanks LOR-CF!! Exactly the thread I was searching for.I want to make some of my own cords & needed just that.WHEW saved me some trouble.

Bill, love the way the deer shine brighter.Would you happen to have a close up of where you put the other 2 holes for the c7's?

#16 Bill Ellick

Bill Ellick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Sure thing.
I used a 1" hole saw to drill the extra holes in them and put 1 hole right under the antlers and the other hole is about 2" back from the "bend" in the rear leg. Hope that explains it okay for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41582[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

#17 peppers-palace

peppers-palace

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Sure thing.
I used a 1" hole saw to drill the extra holes in them and put 1 hole right under the antlers and the other hole is about 2" back from the "bend" in the rear leg. Hope that explains it okay for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41582[/ATTACH]

Thanks Bill!
I may just do that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users