See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

wowlights.com

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 poloron christmas

poloron christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

i was wondering if anyone has bought from this website

#2 cozzi

cozzi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

I have. I bought a bunch of stuff from them my first year. I was very pleased with them.

#3 Ralph Priest

Ralph Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

I have also bought several products from WOW Lights and have had nothing but good experiences. Their products are first rate and their customer support is outstanding.

#4 Guest_Lightzilla_*

Guest_Lightzilla_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

Yes I too had bought stuff from them. I have no complaints.

#5 poloron christmas

poloron christmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

has anyone got there mega tree kit?

#6 MSDowney

MSDowney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:38 AM

i was wondering if anyone has bought from this website

I bought from them this year and they not only had great prices but really helped me with phone support as this was my first year and had a LOT of questions! :)

#7 Keith r

Keith r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

First rate online company. I purchased a complete system from them was up and running with usual beginner problems. First time with the equipment and software. Called Wowlights and had lighting response help. Love my system so much I plan on purchasing several more controllers and adding as much lights as I can.

#8 jim6918

jim6918

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

I purchased 6 sequences from them for 2009. Their 64 channels versions can be so easily modified to my 80 channel setup that I almost feel like I am cheating. I would definetely buy from them again. There are a few TSO sequences that I might consider, but have purchased everything they have that interests me. I spoke with Mike at WOW and he told me that they had more sequences planned for 2010. I am excited to see what they might have new.

BTW, talk about customer service, I had accidentally purchased the wrong sequence (different audio) and they gave me the correct one for no charge.

#9 alfram

alfram

Happy to join the madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

Bought all 4 of my controllers from them and also strobes.Very happy with them!!

#10 Scott Loftus

Scott Loftus

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

WOW! I looked at their website and I'm shocked at the prices! It would appear to me that to buy a sequence when you can download free sequences would be quite ridiculous! I get more of a sense of satisfaction from spending hours to do it myself. It might be just me but I don't like to give my money away when I can do it myself.
They sell a mega tree kit? How tall is this mega tree? I think you need to go more than 10 or 12 feet to even think of it as a MEGA tree! I like how it says "Wow your neighbors with our PVC Mega Tree kit!". Wonder what my neighbors think with a 27' tree in my yard!
Sorry, this site is definatly for the cookie cutter style light show. If that's what you want, go for it. If you want a unique show, you need to get your fingers dirty!

All of the vendors that you see here on PC are come highly recommended from other members. As for the sequences, Alot of users do not have the skills that you or I might have to built a big display, but in turn, use resources like WOWlights to help them built a show that suits their need and budget. There is nothing wrong with paying for services if it is available. I am just thankful people still have the spirt to put up a display.
Even though I have not used WoW Lights, I hear only good things of this company. :)

Scott, Forum Moderator.

#11 independencebulldogs

independencebulldogs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

we bought there halloween lightning kit last year, and some strobes were broke, but that was the suppliers fault, they are a good company.

chris
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Orville Fugitte

Orville Fugitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:Don't really have one for Christmas, however, Halloween I have quite a lot! :P

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

Just checked them out {WOWLights.com}, they have some pretty good stuff there and their prices aren't bad at all!

Once I can get a few $$ saved up, I'm going to see if I can get some of their tombstones and pumpkins for my Halloween display this year. Although I'd prefer LED's over incandescents that come with them, but hopefully they'll be able to be changed out to LED when I can get them.

Those all looked pretty cool! I'd love their lightning package for my LOR too, that would be totally awesome in my Halloween display! And I think all their props and lightning would go very well with my Midnight Syndicate sequences I've put together so far too.

Just wish they had some 2 or 3 channel Ghosts, Skeletons and Zombies that could be hung from a tree branch or the eve of the house! Then I'd be set! That is if I could afford all that at one time. But like most, I'm making my collection of Halloween and Christmas over time and when finances permit!

Orville Fugitte ~ Orlando, Florida

lor_48_purple_purple.gif

2500_purple_purple_5.gif

#13 Tim Thompson

Tim Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

I bought a controller, singing santa and some sequences my first year. Not knowing anything about it Mike was always there to walk me through it.

At wowlights their customer support is the best I've seen. Would buy from them again in a heartbeat!

#14 stanward

stanward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

How is the viewing angle on those strobes from wowlights?

I only have experience with Darryl's strobes, and the viewing angle is awesome. I don't have to point the strobe towards the crowd.

#15 THurrle

THurrle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

I have looked at them for getting started and they have some things that you can't get from LOR. Since I am on a tight budget if find that LOR has the DIY controller a little cheaper. I too thought that it would be great to have the sequences already done but since I have been playing around with the free ones you can download with a little work and imagination it is not that hard to add the audio and fit them to my show schematic. It is really up to the individual. How much time do you have and are you willing to sit there and listen to a song over and over for a few hours. After shopping around I can get the 32 channels I want with the software and adapter for just over $450.00. I still have to buy the cat5 cables and FM transmitter but that can wait until the last minute. I think that is a good price but maybe I am wrong. Any comments?

#16 Tim Thompson

Tim Thompson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

wowlights will be a little higher than LOR, but you can also get packages that include sequences, cat5, software, and adapter. As for their superior service, well you just cant put a price on that.

Which controllers are you talking about? CTB16PC's?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 donbaldi

donbaldi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

I know this is an old post (1 year ago) but I am looking around and it appears that wowlights is offering LOR's 32 channel kit for 569, and LOR is selling it for 699. Can this be right?

#18 Mcas4380

Mcas4380

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:A Christmas Story

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

When your looking at LOR look at the residential controllers the ShowTime PC series those are the ones that WOW light sells. Not the Show time pro's also if you don't mind attaching a few wires you can get it for less. look on you tube for a video on attaching the cables on an LOR controller and you will see it's not hard.
Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image
What was I thinking LOL

#19 Apache Lights

Apache Lights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Well as long as this post has come back up, I'll ask. I keep looking at getting the lightning package or at least the lightning sequence from WOW but I don't want to spend that kind of cash. How difficult is the lightning sequence? I've done all my own programming in the past but I'm just not sure about lightning.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Crazy Tech

Crazy Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:The Christmas Card

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I just started with WOW as the vendor last season. The LOR software has a steep learning curve, I was able to build two songs on my own and found places where users shared their sequences, I then purchased the music and made changes.

However, I did purchase sequences from WOW and LOR as well, just to get started, so can you program the sequences, yes, just plan for lots of time with your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users