See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Old fashion clothespin ornaments

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

ahhh thats so cool!! i wish i can have that that be so cool to have u have such a cool talent i thank you for doing that!!!

Awwwww would you like a clothespin miner?????? I maybe could have santa bring you one or the easter bunny :D
Shawn Johnson

#22 Guest_hockeymom_*

Guest_hockeymom_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

Ok... heres a challenge... how about a hockey team... the Pittsburgh Penguins to be exact?!?!?

I mean... a Marc-Andre Fleury goalie clothespin ornament! That would be something to see!

You sell these on ebay? How much do you get for each? They really are a work of art!!! So creative!!

#23 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Ok... heres a challenge... how about a hockey team... the Pittsburgh Penguins to be exact?!?!?

I mean... a Marc-Andre Fleury goalie clothespin ornament! That would be something to see!

You sell these on ebay? How much do you get for each? They really are a work of art!!! So creative!!

That is so not a challenge lol that will be a peice of cake:giggle: Yes i sell these on ebay some sell for about8.00 bucks for 2 or 3 some sell 50.00 for 4 just depends on who or what they are and how bad someone wants them.I will get to work on your idea and post a pic.... :giggle:
Shawn Johnson

#24 Guest_hockeymom_*

Guest_hockeymom_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

That is so not a challenge lol that will be a peice of cake:giggle: Yes i sell these on ebay some sell for about8.00 bucks for 2 or 3 some sell 50.00 for 4 just depends on who or what they are and how bad someone wants them.I will get to work on your idea and post a pic.... :giggle:

I don't know... I'm breathlessly waiting to see what you come up with!! :D There could be a niche market for these next year before Christmas... you know these Penguin's fans will buy ANYTHING that has the Penguins logo on it!! (Yea... I know... I'm one of the idiots that does it!)

Our autistic 17 year old's bedroom is actually designed to look like a hockey rink... with white linoleum for 'ice' on the floor, and the boards on the walls... and all his hockey collectibles (signed NHL sticks and the like)! This sounds like a good addition to his room!

Now remember... for this challenge... the goalie is essential... and his mask and stick are the key!!! Oh... and a Sydney Crosby #87 would be TOO SWEET!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahah Can't Wait!!!!

#25 ChuckHutchings

ChuckHutchings

Active

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

I don't know... I'm breathlessly waiting to see what you come up with!! :D There could be a niche market for these next year before Christmas... you know these Penguin's fans will buy ANYTHING that has the Penguins logo on it!! (Yea... I know... I'm one of the idiots that does it!)

Our autistic 17 year old's bedroom is actually designed to look like a hockey rink... with white linoleum for 'ice' on the floor, and the boards on the walls... and all his hockey collectibles (signed NHL sticks and the like)! This sounds like a good addition to his room!

Now remember... for this challenge... the goalie is essential... and his mask and stick are the key!!! Oh... and a Sydney Crosby #87 would be TOO SWEET!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahah Can't Wait!!!!

Sounds to me like someone is driving up the price of this particular set! ;)
I AM THE 1%!

#26 Valerie

Valerie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:41 AM

Very creative Shawn! This weekend we were in the Dells and there is a big craft place that I always stop in. There was a bunch of ladies from the red hat society there. On their hats were beads, feathers, or lace and some with sequence. I asked one of them where they find they're hat's and she said any where and that was they're mission for the weekend, to find new hats they could dress up. One of them was holding a doll with a red hat on and another a little clay cat with a red hat on. I'm thinking if you made some lady clothes pins with red hats, those would be a great seller on ebay. I have a feeling that they would buy just about anything with a red hat! I could see these women using them for Christmas ornaments or to hang on their rear view mirrors.
www.Christmas-LEDs.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Santa Don

Santa Don

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

We have a couple of reindeer made out of those old clothespins. They are packed away with the Christmas stuff, but if I recall correctly, they use a popsicle stick for the body between the two clothespins. Don't remember exactly how the heads and antlers were constructed, but with your ingenuity I have no doubt that you could come up with something.

Santa Don

#28 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Thanks everyone i sitt every night thinking ok now what then about 25 pop in my head lol . I have this one buyer on ebay that just buys buys buys and i keep busy lol ... Ill have to make a lady in a red hat and ofcourse the hockey team lol I did make a hockey player actually here is a pic but i will have to change the logo etc :giggle:

Attached Files

Shawn Johnson

#29 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

Here is a pic of every clothespin i have made up to tonight. I will have prob about 30 made by next week lol anyhow i didnt lay them out in sets i just threw them out on the floor to show how crazy i am about making clothespin ornaments :giggle:

ONly 230 so far about 500 to go

Attached Files

Shawn Johnson

#30 Guest_hockeymom_*

Guest_hockeymom_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Here is a pic of every clothespin i have made up to tonight. I will have prob about 30 made by next week lol anyhow i didnt lay them out in sets i just threw them out on the floor to show how crazy i am about making clothespin ornaments :giggle:

ONly 230 so far about 500 to go

OMG... I'm speechless... (and as you figured out by now.... that is a major event!) Wonderful!!!!!!

#31 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

OMG... I'm speechless... (and as you figured out by now.... that is a major event!) Wonderful!!!!!!

Your tellin me lol everytime i get to a point of what to make next 50 pop in my head im not sure if they make a tree big enough to hold all these :giggle:
Shawn Johnson

#32 Glenview LIghts

Glenview LIghts

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 11,177 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:///

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

Shawn, I don't know how I missed this thread but your clothespin ornaments are really great! I just love them!

Carrie Sansing
The Original Blow Mold Bohemian
www.holidayuniversity.com
www.constantlychristmas.com

#33 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

Very creative Shawn! This weekend we were in the Dells and there is a big craft place that I always stop in. There was a bunch of ladies from the red hat society there. On their hats were beads, feathers, or lace and some with sequence. I asked one of them where they find they're hat's and she said any where and that was they're mission for the weekend, to find new hats they could dress up. One of them was holding a doll with a red hat on and another a little clay cat with a red hat on. I'm thinking if you made some lady clothes pins with red hats, those would be a great seller on ebay. I have a feeling that they would buy just about anything with a red hat! I could see these women using them for Christmas ornaments or to hang on their rear view mirrors.

Im working on these as of right now lol Well see hopfully its a hitt:D

Thanks carrie
Shawn Johnson

#34 Randy G

Randy G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I agree! You are very creative with just clothespins and felt! I love your theme sets! You've really got something there! I think you ought to copyright them somehow!

#35 shawniepooh

shawniepooh

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Here is the Day of the Dead miniture collection.

Attached Files

Shawn Johnson

#36 MrsD

MrsD

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Now this is Art at its best with all of those variations.

My definition of Art = something I could not think of or do myself.
-Phyllis

:121_reindeer:

#37 ec2009

ec2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Wow, you have some really nice ornaments! I have seen people make santas and reindeer out of clothespins but you have really outdone yourself there! Great job! I will have to buy some off you and tell my friends.

#38 XmasLightGuy

XmasLightGuy

• Members
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

Those are cool..as others have stated you're very talented :) Good work!
-Jay
Posted Image.Posted Image

#39 howonurth

howonurth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hi, Shawn, Wow! Your ornaments are the bomb! I thought you might like to try something I do. You definitely have the manual dexterity. Just don't know if you drink Champagne or sparkling wine. This link goes to a how-to article I wrote.

http://www.ehow.com/...gne-bottle.html
How to Make a Great Cheap Stocking Stuffer Toy Chair Out of The Wire From the Top of a Champagne Bottle

Posted Image

I guess with a loop of string, it' an ornament too.

#40 oldcqr

oldcqr

Time Out Chair Participant

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

@how...

Is this article part of the eHow Writer Compensation Program? If so, you really need to tell people that since we don't take kindly to spammers around here.
-Mike
Posted Image
www.SequenceCenter.com --> Vixen Sequences and More
(If you need to contact me, I prefer eMail since I can no longer rely on PMs. Please use the 'contact me' link on my website)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users