Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old fashion clothespin ornaments

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Very creative Shawn! This weekend we were in the Dells and there is a big craft place that I always stop in. There was a bunch of ladies from the red hat society there. On their hats were beads, feathers, or lace and some with sequence. I asked one of them where they find they're hat's and she said any where and that was they're mission for the weekend, to find new hats they could dress up. One of them was holding a doll with a red hat on and another a little clay cat with a red hat on. I'm thinking if you made some lady clothes pins with red hats, those would be a great seller on ebay. I have a feeling that they would buy just about anything with a red hat! I could see these women using them for Christmas ornaments or to hang on their rear view mirrors.

Posted · Report post

We have a couple of reindeer made out of those old clothespins. They are packed away with the Christmas stuff, but if I recall correctly, they use a popsicle stick for the body between the two clothespins. Don't remember exactly how the heads and antlers were constructed, but with your ingenuity I have no doubt that you could come up with something.

Santa Don

Posted · Report post

Thanks everyone i sitt every night thinking ok now what then about 25 pop in my head lol . I have this one buyer on ebay that just buys buys buys and i keep busy lol ... Ill have to make a lady in a red hat and ofcourse the hockey team lol I did make a hockey player actually here is a pic but i will have to change the logo etc :giggle:

post-9005-129571115473_thumb.jpg

post-9005-129571115484_thumb.jpg

post-9005-129571115492_thumb.jpg

post-9005-1295711155_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Here is a pic of every clothespin i have made up to tonight. I will have prob about 30 made by next week lol anyhow i didnt lay them out in sets i just threw them out on the floor to show how crazy i am about making clothespin ornaments :giggle:

ONly 230 so far about 500 to go

post-9005-129571115508_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Here is a pic of every clothespin i have made up to tonight. I will have prob about 30 made by next week lol anyhow i didnt lay them out in sets i just threw them out on the floor to show how crazy i am about making clothespin ornaments :giggle:

ONly 230 so far about 500 to go

OMG... I'm speechless... (and as you figured out by now.... that is a major event!) Wonderful!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

OMG... I'm speechless... (and as you figured out by now.... that is a major event!) Wonderful!!!!!!

Your tellin me lol everytime i get to a point of what to make next 50 pop in my head im not sure if they make a tree big enough to hold all these :giggle:

Posted · Report post

Shawn, I don't know how I missed this thread but your clothespin ornaments are really great! I just love them!

Posted · Report post

Very creative Shawn! This weekend we were in the Dells and there is a big craft place that I always stop in. There was a bunch of ladies from the red hat society there. On their hats were beads, feathers, or lace and some with sequence. I asked one of them where they find they're hat's and she said any where and that was they're mission for the weekend, to find new hats they could dress up. One of them was holding a doll with a red hat on and another a little clay cat with a red hat on. I'm thinking if you made some lady clothes pins with red hats, those would be a great seller on ebay. I have a feeling that they would buy just about anything with a red hat! I could see these women using them for Christmas ornaments or to hang on their rear view mirrors.

Im working on these as of right now lol Well see hopfully its a hitt:D

Thanks carrie

Posted · Report post

I agree! You are very creative with just clothespins and felt! I love your theme sets! You've really got something there! I think you ought to copyright them somehow!

Posted · Report post

Here is the Day of the Dead miniture collection.

post-9005-129571118421_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Now this is Art at its best with all of those variations.

My definition of Art = something I could not think of or do myself.

Posted · Report post

Wow, you have some really nice ornaments! I have seen people make santas and reindeer out of clothespins but you have really outdone yourself there! Great job! I will have to buy some off you and tell my friends.

Posted · Report post

Those are cool..as others have stated you're very talented :) Good work!

Posted · Report post

Hi, Shawn, Wow! Your ornaments are the bomb! I thought you might like to try something I do. You definitely have the manual dexterity. Just don't know if you drink Champagne or sparkling wine. This link goes to a how-to article I wrote.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5634901_make-wire-top-champagne-bottle.html

How to Make a Great Cheap Stocking Stuffer Toy Chair Out of The Wire From the Top of a Champagne Bottle

make-wire-top-champagne-bottle-200X200.jpg

I guess with a loop of string, it' an ornament too.

Posted · Report post

@how...

Is this article part of the eHow Writer Compensation Program? If so, you really need to tell people that since we don't take kindly to spammers around here.

Our Three Rules

At PlanetChristmas we are always positive, family friendly and Christmas-centric.

Lots More Information

What Drives Over-The-Top Christmas Decorators?

It is all about making lifelong memories and family traditions.