See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Village Light Show Kit

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Art Ritchie

Art Ritchie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

Hey all!

My wonderful wife surprised me a few days ago with this little gem!

Posted Image

For those who haven't seen this, its a little box with 24 plugs for light accessories that plays synchronized light shows in your Christmas village! I'll have to see if I can get a video of it in action, maybe some pics of my village. It is really nice and the accessories it comes with look very good! It plays 20 different songs and you can also hook an external audio source to it and it will respond to your songs.

If anyone gets it, one word of wisdom passed on...the plugs have little slots in them. Make sure you align them with the notch in the hole and push. Otherwise your plugs dont stay in tight and you get frustrated cuz you think your light show is broke! :P

Art

#2 jen grissett

jen grissett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

I saw that too...I think at sams...

It's adorable...
Jen....

#3 Darlene Pino

Darlene Pino

Beloved

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Cool! I want one!
DARLENE PINO
Days till Christmas
Albany, Georgia
LightsToMusic.net
13 LOR Controllers, 4 CCR, DMX, Animatronics, Inflatables, Blowmolds and a yard full of lights! since 2007

#4 ryanchristmas

ryanchristmas

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

cool where you get it from
www.lasvegaslights.weebly.com

Posted Image

http://www.tackyligh...ecorationid=790

#5 razorchristmas

razorchristmas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:22 AM

Oh god. Lemme guess "Light o rama! Village version"Control you village lights and animate them to limitless songs.
Posted Image
With a 12 Foot long Merry Christmas sign.

#6 Guest_Jeff_Womack_*

Guest_Jeff_Womack_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Lowe's has these for $79 but now marked 50% off! Still too much for me but my village is Dickens so it is kind of out of place any way!

#7 oldcqr

oldcqr

Time Out Chair Participant

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

Lowe's has these for $79 but now marked 50% off! Still too much for me but my village is Dickens so it is kind of out of place any way!

I picked one up today at Lowes (and actually got it for MUCH less than $40 - it was one of those things the mgr marked down for me :D).

I have a Dickens village too (the $100 one from Kmart last year that I found at 75% off :D), and it looks GREAT on it! I say GO FOR IT!

Be sure to follow the suggestions in the instructions about how to set the channels up (1-4 go in front left to right, 5-8 middle left to right, 9-12 back left to right).

FYI: The unit has a jack for connecting an MP3 player. Instead of that, hook up a small radio tuned to your display's radio station. Now your village is synced to the same music as your show :eek::D.

If I get a chance, I'll post some video in the next day or so.

Edited by oldcqr, 02 December 2008 - 08:09 PM.

-Mike
Posted Image
www.SequenceCenter.com --> Vixen Sequences and More
(If you need to contact me, I prefer eMail since I can no longer rely on PMs. Please use the 'contact me' link on my website)

#8 christmaslover012

christmaslover012

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hook up a small radio tuned to your display's radio station. Now your village is synced to the same music as your show :eek::D.

What a great idea! Haha! I love it.

I can't wait to see video.
-Tyler

#9 race car mom

race car mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

sure would like to see one of these working !!!! waiting for a show!! i paint my own village so i do not have indivual lights under each building - i use strings of mini lights and put 4 or 5 lights under each building. so to make this work i would have to find indivual bulbs to put under each building?? any idea where i would find indivual strings for my village?? thanks for the help

#10 efpatterson

efpatterson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:08 AM

I just received a "Starter Kit" and have been trying to build a 3V-110V relay to be able to use the controller unit outside (yes I am going to purchase a second one for my "village" in my house.

Also I like the idea of connecting to a radio station. I plan to use it and connect to one of the local stations that plays Christmas music and put up a sign to listen to the music go to xxx FM.

Ernie Patterson

Edited by efpatterson, 04 December 2008 - 02:40 AM.

#11 RickDives

RickDives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

I picked one up today at Lowes (and actually got it for MUCH less than $40 - it was one of those things the mgr marked down for me :D).

I have a Dickens village too (the $100 one from Kmart last year that I found at 75% off :D), and it looks GREAT on it! I say GO FOR IT!

Be sure to follow the suggestions in the instructions about how to set the channels up (1-4 go in front left to right, 5-8 middle left to right, 9-12 back left to right).

FYI: The unit has a jack for connecting an MP3 player. Instead of that, hook up a small radio tuned to your display's radio station. Now your village is synced to the same music as your show :eek::D.

DANG! I paid full price, but we've been enjoying it for a month now... :)
Please call me Rick ~

#12 oldcqr

oldcqr

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

Ok, here is a link to the page with the video. Scroll down to the bottom (2008 Video).

Again, I apologize for my poor video skills. Not to mention, one should NEVER shoot video with grass cloth as a backdrop! :D
-Mike
Posted Image
(If you need to contact me, I prefer eMail since I can no longer rely on PMs. Please use the 'contact me' link on my website)

#13 mnkyboy

mnkyboy

Thats What She Said!

• Members
  • 4,657 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:who cares!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

I

You mean like this??

With the 50% off my wife really wanted one once I told her we could hook it to the music from outside... I am going to make arches for it this weekend..

BUT she also wants one of the pieces we cannot find anywhere. She wants this piece. If anyone sees one, please PM me, it will be greatly appreciated..

http://www.lowes.com...28LW&lpage=none

William

#14 Darlene Pino

Darlene Pino

Beloved

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

Woo Hoo! I got mine today for $39.95 at Lowes. It is awesome. I brought it to our luncheon and entertained everyone, while it was still in the box! They sold out at my lowes. All were gone by this afternoon when I went back for something. this is so cool!
DARLENE PINO
Days till Christmas
Albany, Georgia
LightsToMusic.net
13 LOR Controllers, 4 CCR, DMX, Animatronics, Inflatables, Blowmolds and a yard full of lights! since 2007

#15 fathead45

fathead45

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:the lights

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

im going to lowes tonight, ill look for that piece you want. if i find it ill let you know.
10k lights - 92% leds with pixel matrix
101.1 FM Ho Ho Ho Radio

#16 mnkyboy

mnkyboy

Thats What She Said!

• Members
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:04 AM

You mean like this??

With the 50% off my wife really wanted one once I told her we could hook it to the music from outside... I am going to make arches for it this weekend..

BUT she also wants one of the pieces we cannot find anywhere. She wants this piece. If anyone sees one, please PM me, it will be greatly appreciated..

just an update. My friend "GAMER" was ale to find me the trailer in Tn! Thanks Gamer!!!! Now I got more lights for the display, just need to make small cables to plug them in. Funny a small miniture set of 15 led's cost close half as much as a full set of LED's!!!!

One note to all that have this set... Handle the big green lighted tree by the base only.. It is very fragile...even with very light pressure it tends to crush inwards easily....

William

#17 Crazy4Christmas

Crazy4Christmas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

Anyone know how I hook other things up to this? I'd like to hook my exsisting mini net lights up and cannot figure out how....anyone?

#18 mnkyboy

mnkyboy

Thats What She Said!

• Members
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

I need to do 2 things to mine... yes I am going to "mod" mine..

The volume is too loud with an extrenal source. Either I'll add a resistor to the speaker line, a volume pot. .. just might just do a simple multi postion switch so I can "mute", turn off, or run normal.

I am also looking at what type plug these outputs are to make more... I see more goodies I can mod in my display and go blinky blinky :)

William

#19 oldcqr

oldcqr

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

Beware that the accessories (Lemax) sold at Lowes will not work with this - even if you modify the power plugs.

I had created a whole article on how to modify stuff to work with the Village Light Show (including where to get the parts) HOWEVER:

1 - I burned up one of the ports on the thing
2 - I burnt out a set of street lights and a set of led bulbs.

Of course... I don't know a darn thing when it comes to this electronics stuff ;)
-Mike
Posted Image

#20 RickDives

RickDives

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

You mean like this??

OH!!! BMG!!!! That's funny because we were going to use that for our "outdoor" light show!!!!
Please call me Rick ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users