See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Controllers for leaping arches

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JIMMINECHRISTMAS

JIMMINECHRISTMAS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Does someone sell controllers for my new leaping arches (for 2008) that does not need to be connected to a computer? I don't need music to be
synchronized to the arches since I play recorded Christmas music via a casaette tape. What I am looking for is a plug in type controller.

Posted Image

#2 iresq

iresq

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

LOR's CTB16D would work as well as DIY. Not sure of the other manu's.

The 16D kit w/low power heatsinks kit can be had for $140. This will probably be on sale in June.

Dave N

#3 AI

AI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:46 AM

JIMMINECHRISTMAS wrote:

Does someone sell controllers for my new leaping arches (for 2008) that does not need to be connected to a computer? I don't need music to be
synchronized to the arches since I play recorded Christmas music via a casaette tape. What I am looking for is a plug in type controller.

What do you want to do with them just run the lights back and forth? how many channels? AI
Posted Image

#4 billhartelectric

billhartelectric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

If you don't want it to be synchronized to music I would consider getting a timer. I used them for a couple of years now; they work great!

For 2008, I'm planning on adding some "chasing" elements to my display. I don't know if anyone else did this before but I tested it and it works great. If you want to have a number of channels only to be used for the chasing effect you can use a timer. I am basically only going to be using 1 channel instead of 4 for this effect.

The new element that I'm adding will be lights chasing along my driveway. They will go from red to green to blue to orange. Normally this would require 4 LOR channels. You connect the timer to one channel then the 4 sets of colored lights to the timer. When that one channel from the LOR board turns on the timer powers up and does the chasing. Less programming, extension cords, etc...

I'm using a sf-4005 Chauvet 2/4 channel timer. You can get them with more than 4 channels but this is all I need. I bought it from www.123dj.com
It was $30 plus shipping.

http://www.123dj.com...ers/sf4005.html

:DLike I said, I don't know if anyone ever did this before. If not, I finally can call something my own idea:D

Posted Image

www.billhartelectric.com

Posted Image

#5 TED

TED

Cool member

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

billhartelectric wrote:

I'm using a sf-4005 Chauvet 2/4 channel timer.

I see from the picture that Chauvet calls that a timer but I would not call that device a timer. It's a 4 channelchasing controller. A timer is something you set to turn on at a set time and turn off at a set time.

TED

#6 AI

AI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

billhartelectric wrote:

If you don't want it to be synchronized to music I would consider getting a timer. I used them for a couple of years now; they work great!

For 2008, I'm planning on adding some "chasing" elements to my display. I don't know if anyone else did this before but I tested it and it works great. If you want to have a number of channels only to be used for the chasing effect you can use a timer. I am basically only going to be using 1 channel instead of 4 for this effect.

The new element that I'm adding will be lights chasing along my driveway. They will go from red to green to blue to orange. Normally this would require 4 LOR channels. You connect the timer to one channel then the 4 sets of colored lights to the timer. When that one channel from the LOR board turns on the timer powers up and does the chasing. Less programming, extension cords, etc...

I'm using a sf-4005 Chauvet 2/4 channel timer. You can get them with more than 4 channels but this is all I need. I bought it from http://www.123dj.com
It was $30 plus shipping.

http://www.123dj.com...ers/sf4005.html

:DLike I said, I don't know if anyone ever did this before. If not, I finally can call something my own idea:D

Posted Image

Every chasing set of lights has one. but you will be limited to the power available off one channel of your controller. AI
Posted Image

#7 Dale W

Dale W

• Members
  • 3,812 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

TED wrote:

billhartelectric wrote:

I'm using a sf-4005 Chauvet 2/4 channel timer.

I see from the picture that Chauvet calls that a timer but I would not call that device a timer. It's a 4 channelchasing controller. A timer is something you set to turn on at a set time and turn off at a set time.

TED

I think that it is a timer in the sense that a channel is turned on/off for a set time. Not to be confused with turned on/off at a preset time of day.

#8 billhartelectric

billhartelectric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

I agree, its weird that they call it a timer. I just called it that because you wont find it if you don't search for a Chauvet timer.

www.billhartelectric.com

Posted Image

#9 AI

AI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

If it had a 110 volt control input and a separate supply plug than you could control more power.

AI

Posted Image

#10 billhartelectric

billhartelectric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

AI wrote:

If it had a 110 volt control input and a separate supply plug than you could control more power.

AI

You could use a contact with a 110v coil I guess.

www.billhartelectric.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users