Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inflatable snoopy

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hi

I am looking for an 8' foot snoopy. I am just looking for snoopy not him sitting on his dog house etc. Just an 8' snoopy.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

There is not an inflatable snoopy that is for christmas that is just snoopy....

they have a 4 foot version available at walgreens of snoopy in a santa suit.

The closest thing to an 8 ft snoppy I can think of is the halloween snoopy...he could be adapted....

snoopy

Posted · Report post

I wonder what it would cost to have one made. Anyone know where I could look to have one made?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

You could probably pay somebody to modify one cheaper than it is to have one custom made form the factory.

I think Tims stated that the minimum orders are in the hundreds.

Airblown Andy is the best person I know of that can modify an inflatable.

Posted · Report post

There was also the inflatable christmas tree with Charley and snoopy, but snoopy was not that size

Posted · Report post

The cost would make it untouchable to have one made...it's a huge expense to have a standard inflatable made and add to that that snoppy is a copyrighted character...the fees involved in that are outrageous...

I think doing a mod on the halloween snoopy would be the best bet...

It it easy to remove the woodstock and pumpkin...that's a simple cut and stitch or even pull it inside and scure with a rubber band...

I don't know if his mask is screened on or a seperate piece...

How did you want him to look?

Posted · Report post

Hi

Actually I wanted snoopy to lie done like he does on the dog house.My garage looking from the front looks like snoopy's dog house. Just thought I would do my garage in red lights and have snoopy on the top. Pretty big garage thats why I was sort of looking for an 8' size.

R

Posted · Report post

Hi

Actually I wanted snoopy to lie done like he does on the dog house.My garage looking from the front looks like snoopy's dog house. Just thought I would do my garage in red lights and have snoopy on the top. Pretty big garage thats why I was sort of looking for an 8' size.

R

Posted · Report post

Most of the airblowns are inflated from below or behind some sort of base aren't they? I'd worry that in the wind that snoppy would rub the roof and wear down his backside. You'd have to redo the anchorages a little. But it is an awesome idea! :)

:happytree: Here's an idea - why not just make that purple mask into a black "sleep mask" like he was sleeping up there with all those lights on and needed to cover his eyes to sleep? With all the modifications you would need to make so he'd lay down, (sit. sit. lay down. roll over. roll over. play dead. stay. stay.) you might as well cut off anything Halloween related and just sew them closed. Or if you are not good at sewing, use the handyman's secret weapon- duct tape.

Just an idea.

Posted · Report post

xmasguy1960 wrote:

Hi

R

thats an awesome idea!

In sears they have an inflatable snoopy on his sopwith camel. maybe you could use that.

Like hes just about to take off from his dog house.

or you could decorate it like it is in the special, with a big first place ribbon on it.

(snoopys dog house is blue in the christmas special, its red in everything else.)

http://www.cel-ebration.com/A-CHARLIE-BROWN-CHRISTMAS2-I.jpg

Posted · Report post

Robert_Herronen wrote:

Here's an idea - why not just make that purple mask into a black "sleep mask" like he was sleeping up there with all those lights on and needed to cover his eyes to sleep?

Actually I think you could just ignore the mask. It won't show much with him laying on his back up on top the roof.

TED

Posted · Report post

The fan on the Snoopy /woodstock is on the bottom, firmly attached

You would need material to seal the bottom & then remount the fan

So that would need to modded

Taking woodstock & the pumpkin off would be easy

I used it at my son's bday & tied off the pumpkin so it didn't inflate

Posted · Report post

I would suggest doing a plywood cutout and painted snoopy

Our Three Rules

At PlanetChristmas we are always positive, family friendly and Christmas-centric.

Lots More Information

What Drives Over-The-Top Christmas Decorators?

It is all about making lifelong memories and family traditions.