See more by registering or logging in!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas Forums. You must register to post in our forums and see all the pictures, but don't worry because this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Get rid of this irritating message by clicking those buttons to the right.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • See all the images and get rid of that annoying snow at the top of the screen
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Tap into the world's largest decorating brain trust!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo
- - - - -

Inflatable snoopy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 xmasguy1960

xmasguy1960

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:40 AM

hi

I am looking for an 8' foot snoopy. I am just looking for snoopy not him sitting on his dog house etc. Just an 8' snoopy.

Thanks

It is said...When you stop believing in Santa Clause that's when you start getting clothes for Christmas

#2 jen grissett

jen grissett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

There is not an inflatable snoopy that is for christmas that is just snoopy....

they have a 4 foot version available at walgreens of snoopy in a santa suit.

The closest thing to an 8 ft snoppy I can think of is the halloween snoopy...he could be adapted....

snoopy

Jen....

#3 xmasguy1960

xmasguy1960

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

I wonder what it would cost to have one made. Anyone know where I could look to have one made?

Thanks

It is said...When you stop believing in Santa Clause that's when you start getting clothes for Christmas

#4 Dale W

Dale W

• Members
  • 3,843 posts
  • My favorite Christmas story:)

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

You could probably pay somebody to modify one cheaper than it is to have one custom made form the factory.

I think Tims stated that the minimum orders are in the hundreds.

Airblown Andy is the best person I know of that can modify an inflatable.

#5 Guest_shannanspub_*

Guest_shannanspub_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

There was also the inflatable christmas tree with Charley and snoopy, but snoopy was not that size

#6 jen grissett

jen grissett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

The cost would make it untouchable to have one made...it's a huge expense to have a standard inflatable made and add to that that snoppy is a copyrighted character...the fees involved in that are outrageous...

I think doing a mod on the halloween snoopy would be the best bet...

It it easy to remove the woodstock and pumpkin...that's a simple cut and stitch or even pull it inside and scure with a rubber band...

I don't know if his mask is screened on or a seperate piece...

How did you want him to look?

Jen....

#7 xmasguy1960

xmasguy1960

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:29 PM

Hi

Actually I wanted snoopy to lie done like he does on the dog house.My garage looking from the front looks like snoopy's dog house. Just thought I would do my garage in red lights and have snoopy on the top. Pretty big garage thats why I was sort of looking for an 8' size.

R

#8 xmasguy1960

xmasguy1960

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

Hi

Actually I wanted snoopy to lie done like he does on the dog house.My garage looking from the front looks like snoopy's dog house. Just thought I would do my garage in red lights and have snoopy on the top. Pretty big garage thats why I was sort of looking for an 8' size.

R

#9 Robert_Herronen

Robert_Herronen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

Most of the airblowns are inflated from below or behind some sort of base aren't they? I'd worry that in the wind that snoppy would rub the roof and wear down his backside. You'd have to redo the anchorages a little. But it is an awesome idea! :)

:happytree: Here's an idea - why not just make that purple mask into a black "sleep mask" like he was sleeping up there with all those lights on and needed to cover his eyes to sleep? With all the modifications you would need to make so he'd lay down, (sit. sit. lay down. roll over. roll over. play dead. stay. stay.) you might as well cut off anything Halloween related and just sew them closed. Or if you are not good at sewing, use the handyman's secret weapon- duct tape.

Just an idea.

Robert Herronen
Builder, Rio Grande Southern R.R. of N.C.

http://rgsrailroadof...a.blogspot.com/

#10 cjc2k

cjc2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

xmasguy1960 wrote:

Hi

R

thats an awesome idea!

In sears they have an inflatable snoopy on his sopwith camel. maybe you could use that.
Like hes just about to take off from his dog house.

or you could decorate it like it is in the special, with a big first place ribbon on it.
(snoopys dog house is blue in the christmas special, its red in everything else.)
http://www.cel-ebrat...HRISTMAS2-I.jpg
http://www.e-quanox....e/christmas2006

http://www.e-quanox.com/shinybrite

"Nothing says Christmas like a lifesize, plastic, glowing baby Jesus duct-taped to the roof."

#11 TED

TED

Cool member

• Members
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

Robert_Herronen wrote:

Here's an idea - why not just make that purple mask into a black "sleep mask" like he was sleeping up there with all those lights on and needed to cover his eyes to sleep?

Actually I think you could just ignore the mask. It won't show much with him laying on his back up on top the roof.

TED

#12 David Balch

David Balch

Distinguished Member

• Members
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:41 AM

The fan on the Snoopy /woodstock is on the bottom, firmly attached
You would need material to seal the bottom & then remount the fan
So that would need to modded
Taking woodstock & the pumpkin off would be easy
I used it at my son's bday & tied off the pumpkin so it didn't inflate