Welcome to The PlanetChristmas Forums
Register now to gain access to all of the PlanetChristmas forums. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This ugly looking message disappears once you have signed in.

TPI Kneeling Santa with Jesus

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have the TPI Kneeling Santa with Jesus in a BROWNcrib that didn't buy it at Menards? I was looking through the blow mold CD and only see photos of Jesus in a blue crib. I was wondering if maybe the brown crib was exclusive to Menards? As late as 2003 I saw Menards selling the brown and the blue cribs individually. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Bill I think the brown crib was a color they usedfirst mine came with the brown crib but later menards sold the blue cribs by them selves dont know if this helps for sure

Posted · Report post

helloo there just a quick question that store dosent have any more of them do they

and if so could you please get a hold of me the wife really wanted one

but couldnt find one thanks , mike

mike_smith2277@yahoo.com

Posted · Report post

helloo there just a quick question that store dosent have any more of them do they

and if so could you please get a hold of me the wife really wanted one

but couldnt find one thanks , mike

mike_smith2277@yahoo.com

I realize this thread is 5+ years old, but I was working in the storage area and found the box that this set came in. I wish all of my molds still had their original boxes.

kneelingsanta_box.jpg

Posted · Report post

TPI has made so many nice blow molds. It is such a shame they are so rare and hard to find. wish they were still in business. There are so many TPI blow molds I'd love to have that I haven't been able to get my hands on (The Little Drummer Boy, Mrs. Claus, Santa/baby Jesus, several snowmen) :(

Posted · Report post

Thanks Bill. I enjoy seeing the original boxes.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bill,

I was just wondering how tall is the Santa in comparison to the baby?

I have one of the baby, just in case I ever find a Santa.

Edited by Deeny Dine

Posted · Report post

Bill,

I was just wondering how tall is the Santa in comparison to the baby?

I have one of the baby, just in case I ever find a Santa.

The Santa to this set is 27" tall.

Posted · Report post

I realize this thread is 5+ years old, but I was working in the storage area and found the box that this set came in. I wish all of my molds still had their original boxes.

Bill,

Thanks for posting the picture of the box, I think this is the first time I have seen that box. I agree and I also wish all of our molds had their original boxes, they not only look great but a lot of them have information on them that is not available anywhere else at this time.

We did not purchase the set like yours, we already had the Christ Child with the blue crib and we purchased the Santa from Tim Ewing several years ago. That Santa is in it's original box but it is only a plain brown box with a label with the information on it like TPI and UP did for so many of their blow molds.

Mel

Posted (edited) · Report post

Blair,

Thanks for pointing that out, I wonder how many color variations TPI made of that one.

The price of the one in that auction is a bit spendy at $39.99 plus $29.30 priority mail. They might be willing to send it by parcel post but it would still be more then I would want to pay for it considering the condition of the paint on the baby Christ Child.

Mel

Edited by Mel Fischer

Posted · Report post

I feel like I won the lottery! I found the kneeling Santa ( without the baby Jesus). He is going to look spectacular in my Nativity next year. Christmas 2015 can't come fast enough. :D

Posted · Report post

Congrats!  I've been looking a long time for one with no luck...

Posted · Report post

Interesting to note that Mel had replied that the cost in this thread for one of these was $39.99 plus shipping three years ago. Today these are selling regularly on Ebay between $75-$225.