Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Newbie needs help

Controllers

I am so very new to all of this. I do not do social media or anything else. This is my first time to even write in a forum. I’m afraid there might be some rude people. My question that I have is that I am looking into buying a controller after the first of the year. However, I’m not sure on which one to get. I am leaning very hard on the falcon F16V3. I want a controller that I can have for years to come and add too over the next couple of years. If I’m going to spend some money on this I might as well get one that I can play with for a couple of years before getting another. I hear other people talk about other controllers like the light-o-Roma or the sandisk to name a few. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Like I say if I’m going to drop some money on this I want it to be worth my while, and very dependable. 

Welcome newbie. I don't have any experience with controllers but on these forums you should be able to get some help. Most on here merely want to share ideas and just help one another. After all that is what this season is all about. Best of luck to you. You probably could also search within the forums on past posts to get more helpful information.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I echo dchackert's comments.  You can't asking dumber questions than I have over the years, and yet PC'rs always are patient and willing to help any way they can.  Excited to have you on board!

Welcome newbie! I dont have experience in controllers as my display is simple,all static

Welcome again and I am sure someone will be along, to help out, welcome again

welcome wagon!!! I have 48 channels but haven't used only once sence I got um seems like I get busy and never get a chance to get up going again 

I am so very new to all of this. I do not do social media or anything else. This is my first time to even write in a forum. I’m afraid there might be some rude people. My question that I have is that I am looking into buying a controller after the first of the year. However, I’m not sure on which one to get. I am leaning very hard on the falcon F16V3. I want a controller that I can have for years to come and add too over the next couple of years. If I’m going to spend some money on this I might as well get one that I can play with for a couple of years before getting another. I hear other people talk about other controllers like the light-o-Roma or the sandisk to name a few. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Like I say if I’m going to drop some money on this I want it to be worth my while, and very dependable. 

The F16 is a very dependable controller. Last I looked into it I found you need to mount it into an enclosure. If that makes you nervous or is more work with tools than you want to do them go with the light-o-Rama. I believe the light o rama is much more expensive in the long run because you need to purchase all their equipment (or something like that) but they are a plug and play solution, or as close to that as you can get.

I use Renard Plus TR24 controllers to control 120VAC lights. I haven't moved over to Pixels yet which is why I'm a little vague on the details. When I move to pixel I plan on using the F16V3 or whatever is out at the time in the Falcon lineup. It has lots of options and capabilities as well as a ton of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk