Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Big J Illinois

Has anyone started to put up this years display?

All lookin good guys! Almost done, should finish up and be good to go for Thanksgiving 
20181120_205108.thumb.jpg.728660ea0ff34af12b4a646f3d2d61e5.jpg
I like those trees. I was just thinking the other day I should do one or two on the backside of my property

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Put mine up over the weekend.  20 hours.  As I was finishing the damn ice cycles started to die one section at a time.  Will work on them this coming season, I may switch to a nice 3/8 led red rope light. Anyone know where I can get 10 sections of 3/8 mounting trac for this or gutter clips?

10 hours ago, dchackert said:

I like those trees. I was just thinking the other day I should do one or two on the backside of my property

Thanks! Can never go wrong with mega Trees.

Finish late/early tonight. This is backside of houseab22df607e454e4ffbf5df5ae70e0972.jpg

All lookin good guys! Almost done, should finish up and be good to go for Thanksgiving 
20181120_205108.thumb.jpg.728660ea0ff34af12b4a646f3d2d61e5.jpg
Is there a name for those lighted trees? Searching on Google kept showing spiral trees but nothing not like yours. I did find one but for July 4th (red, white, blue).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, liketoDIY said:

Is there a name for those lighted trees? Searching on Google kept showing spiral trees but nothing not like yours. I did find one but for July 4th (red, white, blue).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You could probably search Christmas Mega Tree and they should come up. Or something similar anyway.

3 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Hey meals, I still cover your snowman!! Lolol, Would you be so kind to, give me a print/list, of how to make one, thanks J

Hey thanks! I will get a list together and pm you with it. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Just finished last night. Did a quick video on the celly. Window lights were off in the video but that's it I am done. Good thing as my wife is having a Girls Christmas Party on Saturday. Which gave me an excuse to play with some LED's, in the backyard win win. Let me know what you all think...

PS. the wind was gusty yesterday @@ blowing my garland off the ties.

Cheers everyone!

• Like 1

well we are getting there, checked the electric panel today, we are at about 160 amps, usually max out at 190 or so. hope to finish this weekend, probably what I will be doing Black Friday.  then a couple of days to tweak everything, should turn on by 12-1

I started too late, shooting for Dec 1 lights on.  We sat out last year because we had a neighbor complain about the traffic.  This summer she came over and apologized but I was still skeptical. After discussing this in house we decided to do it and began mid october.  Still, have to put out the controllers but most of the lights are up.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Got ours up and tested, have a few more items to put out, but you get the idea. 

20181120_190217.jpg

Big J,  

Your home is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

I had the feeling for the past week that I might get done in time, then about 10 p.m. Wednesday night I got the usual sick feeling I get every year at this time... I can't make it by Thanksgiving.  So, I'll be working all day today and tomorrow.  Same as it ever was.

Turning the lights on tonight. Excited to see all the hard work come together!

All done and on Thanksgiving. All that wind we got over the weekend has wreaked havoc and quite a few random half strands and bulbs out so trying to get it fixed in this snow and cold. Roof is almost all outlined. One side is 25 high on the short side and ladder was not big enough this year. I feel as though I have way less this year but my bulb count is up. I've got about 1/3 of the lights in back of the house. We also put 10 christmas trees in the house with the tallest at 12 foot.f322adfbd2eb87fc46a4693483f5c90d.jpg8a96b6cf3aafe8e8d09f5c35a7dcf82d.jpg2ec8001ca1728063609200244d55f874.jpg6014ea3297e47bcd2251a9abeac0e1b6.jpg6a472aeb285f96a6b281c7a01eaccbb4.jpg13d355825c8bbbf1518085259d7dbbdf.jpg52d45d5fb70d320f6ab86c27eaa317e2.jpgc3e52c47ceb8aba0987965edfdb79818.jpg

• Like 1