Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Big J Illinois

Has anyone started to put up this years display?

Diamondkilo:  The faders are a great idea; would love to see another video showing the effect. 

Do you have a good source for fade controllers? 

Thanks.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, xenon said:

here is why I cant get anything done.  41 degrees today and up to 2" of rain, 100% next 3 days

weather.JPG

Dido

Rain-Rain-everywhere

I am in yellow just south west of Atlanta. Hope it stops the week before thanksgiving!

Working on the Christmas songs and Christmas story that's played through the speakers in the choir stand. I have attached my version of the Charlie Brown Christmas story (Christmas Story Linus).  Were I live there's a lot of people and kids that walk by my house every day going to the big playground and to stores.

Christmas Story Linus62017short.mp3

Edited by Scott Rob

I started last week with 4 arches over my entrance sidewalk. It was a little easier this year because my LOR box was ready to go for Halloween, so My computer was up an running LOR in October. Do you guys tend to change your displays? I have yet to do things more than 2. Each year that I do this I kind of change it. The sidewalk arches are new to our display.

Finally! House/Roof outlines done. Mega tree display/center area finished. Will take night shots tomorrow. Another note I am pretty sad and disappointed in these darn snowflakes... only out a week and starting showing moisture inside the led tube flakes. Hope they last the season.

Nothing like throwing money down the drain.

20181118_141608.thumb.jpg.ec8c935951354725874369cdafe8057b.jpg

• Like 1

Getting there. Between work, and snow and lots of rain the last 2 weeks, I'm not where I want to be but should finish up main stuff friday. Going to add small details as I have time. Pic is as of last night.

20181117_175726_001.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, diamondkilo said:

looking real good @mwalz

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, diamondkilo said:

looking real good @mwalz

2 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

LOVE the snow man!!!! The whole display looks GREAT!!!

Thanks big J!

What part of NJ are you in Diamondkilo? I recently visited MT Laurel for work and your house reminds me of this area.

Edited by santabob

8 hours ago, santabob said:

What part of NJ are you in Diamondkilo? I recently visited MT Laurel for work and your house reminds me of this area.

I am in Jackson NJ.

MT Laurel is about an 50 mins south of me.

Edited by diamondkilo

One shot from late last night testing out some stuff. T minus 48 until display time. I need a taller ladder now for the trees at the new house to wrap higher.c18694e402431803f972f0ed0d3bc9ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well done!! Love the deer!!!
Thanks. Of all those blow molds I got all were working and lit. Only 7 of those deer how no lights in them. Go figure.

Looking good Big J!! Looking forward to doing arches again at the new place in the next few years.

All lookin good guys! Almost done, should finish up and be good to go for Thanksgiving 

20181120_205108.jpg