Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
vette-kid

Color change E12 base

I'm looking for a bulb with candelabra base that does simple color change. What I really want is a dumb bulb that just does color changing. Everything I see is a smart bulb and you have to select the mode each time you turn it on. Does no one make such a thing? I'll even take a regular base if I have to,I haven't made the cable yet. It's going on the Walmart reindeer crossing sign. I may use them in some other blow molds if I can find what I'm after. Anyone do something similar? Just a simple color change between a handful of colors.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

These are some that just change colors. 
BD24F563-EDB3-4CE7-9A23-CDAFDE659A1E.thumb.png.111aa05626f229670f60dab3b8c38b93.png
316C4898-A948-420B-87AB-1E2D1B382CE0.thumb.png.fd97753312fedb97c2b8720371a508f0.png
Than you very much

Take a look on Banggood.  www.banggood.com  They have a huge selection of options.  I purchased for around $10.00 a 15 foot LED trip which does exactly what you are asking.  Or you can select any color you would like.

Take a look on Banggood.  www.banggood.com  They have a huge selection of options.  I purchased for around $10.00 a 15 foot LED trip which does exactly what you are asking.  Or you can select any color you would like.
Someone recommended that before, but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything useful in there. That site makes me nervous anyway.

eBay to the rescue and you don't have to buy a lot of them.  Cheapest price is $5.78 including shipping.   What Banggood has wouldn't be any cheaper and make you wait about 3 weeks. 

color-changing-bulb-E12-candelabra.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Color-Changing-Bulbs-Refrigerator-Night-Light-Christmas-C7-E12/251870539605?hash=item3aa4a76f55:g:RVEAAOSwSHZWdt-h:rk:31:pf:0   

Over the years I have purchased 100s of items from Banggood.  LEDs, tools, clothing, light bulbs, all kinds of things.  Everything I have received is of good quality and is a much better value than anything I can get locally.  I too was reluctant to purchase items from them.  But after several purchases my fears were gone.  Give them a try.  

Aren't you looking for something like this? 

https://www.banggood.com/B22-10W-Dimmable-RGB-Color-Changing-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Remote-Control-AC85-265V-p-1114839.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__5&cur_warehouse=CN

Over the years I have purchased 100s of items from Banggood.  LEDs, tools, clothing, light bulbs, all kinds of things.  Everything I have received is of good quality and is a much better value than anything I can get locally.  I too was reluctant to purchase items from them.  But after several purchases my fears were gone.  Give them a try.  
Aren't you looking for something like this? 
https://www.banggood.com/B22-10W-Dimmable-RGB-Color-Changing-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Remote-Control-AC85-265V-p-1114839.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__5&cur_warehouse=CN

That's exactly what I'm NOT looking for. I DON'T want controls or smart anything. I want to plug it in and that's it.

eBay to the rescue and you don't have to buy a lot of them.  Cheapest price is $5.78 including shipping.   What Banggood has wouldn't be any cheaper and make you wait about 3 weeks. 
color-changing-bulb-E12-candelabra.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Color-Changing-Bulbs-Refrigerator-Night-Light-Christmas-C7-E12/251870539605?hash=item3aa4a76f55:g:RVEAAOSwSHZWdt-h:rk:31:pf:0   
These were exactly what I was after and cheaper than the previously linked site. I actually placed an order probably as your were posting this.

Gald to see if you got what you were looking for.  I wonder if they will be bright enough for a blow mold.  I’ve purached some LEDs where the light output has been very disappointing.  Looks like you will have them in a few days and will be able to tell us.  Hope they meet your needs. 

Gald to see if you got what you were looking for.  I wonder if they will be bright enough for a blow mold.  I’ve purached some LEDs where the light output has been very disappointing.  Looks like you will have them in a few days and will be able to tell us.  Hope they meet your needs. 

That's a valid question. I hope so. If not I may have to go about route to get the look I'm after. I could switch to a standard base bulb, if I can verify the bulbs like the one you found will come on in the color change mode (or whatever was set last) each time then that may be an option.

Just trying to give you some ideas if what you receive doesn’t work out.  You might want to take consider something like strip LEDs.  I have some of these and you can program to any color of put into demo mode which cycles though all of the colors.  You could mount the LEDs to a pipe inside the blow mold to give you better light distribution.  They might be too bright so maybe use half the strip?  I just tested the ones I have to make sure the programming “sticks” if power is removed.  I can confirm it does for the ones I have which are like the ones on eBay.  Default program is to transition through all of the colors.  Or using the remote you can program specific colors like red and green, have a specific intensity, or have the LEDs fade in and out or flash.  Hope you find this helpful. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-RGB-5050-Waterproof-LED-Strip-light-SMD-44-Key-Remote-12V-US-Power-Full-Kit/302383732527?epid=691533819&hash=item466779972f:g:67wAAOSwpINZaTDj

8 hours ago, vette-kid said:

That's a valid question. I hope so. If not I may have to go about route to get the look I'm after. I could switch to a standard base bulb, if I can verify the bulbs like the one you found will come on in the color change mode (or whatever was set last) each time then that may be an option.

Let us know how they are. If you like them, I may buy a few.

The thing with all of these bulbs is there is no consistency.  What you order this time may or may not be what you receive if you re-order.

20 hours ago, Douggg said:

I use the LED bulbs C7 the ones I am using are SMD type. The sheep in front has the LED bulb in picture 2. The sheep in the back has a normal clear C7. They have a different color. The regular incandescent C7 has a little more yellow. The LED even though it’s soft white has more of blue tint.   The sheep are close to the same brightness but in picture the incandescent C7 looks brighter?

Also the color changing bulb for medium base socket. Are at Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Bed Bath-beyond.see picture below. 

8723F3E0-35AD-41CE-B3A2-609311517B18.jpeg

695382BA-BB4F-4C93-8AC2-277E9CA7285E.jpeg

0FD5E0EB-1E22-470B-986D-81BF26ED757F.png

10A03F1D-5138-4220-9A54-D09243F573C9.png

Edited by Scott Rob

Hi as far as the
see here - this is exactly how they function. No pattern just fades everytime you plug it in. I have them in c9
Are those the eBay lights linked above?

I use the LED bulbs C7 the ones I am using are SMD type. The sheep in front has the LED bulb in picture 2. The sheep in the back has a normal clear C7. They have a different color. The regular incandescent C7 has a little more yellow. The LED even though it’s soft white has more of blue tint.   The sheep are close to the same brightness but in picture the incandescent C7 looks brighter?
Also the color changing bulb for medium base socket. Are at Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Bed Bath-beyond.see picture below. 
8723F3E0-35AD-41CE-B3A2-609311517B18.thumb.jpeg.fd3750fe59dc211c37b0f7d04d2c6363.jpeg
695382BA-BB4F-4C93-8AC2-277E9CA7285E.thumb.jpeg.2568e4e771e07fd535c6e1602aa7d7a5.jpeg
0FD5E0EB-1E22-470B-986D-81BF26ED757F.thumb.png.91c87f26fc5e547068cf8e0221a9eb9f.png
10A03F1D-5138-4220-9A54-D09243F573C9.thumb.png.cbe11734ca7953a32ffe39236c21bd38.png
Where did you get the LED c7s? I keep looking at home Depot but don't see them

So I bought the "party bulb" by Feit electric. It sort of works. The bulb had 6 modes controlled by a button on the side. The problem is that after power reset, it always comes up in what I call mode one. That's rapid change from one color to the next. It's ok, but I think the fade transition would look MUCH better for my purpose. So I'm eliminating the one for now. Might work for someone else though. eBay C7s are on the way.

C7 bulb are from Christmas lights etc ( there in north Atlanta). I use the warm white SMD type see picture below. 

C221C798-E099-4C1F-A1D6-E89A31181E72.jpeg

Got the eBay lights. They are nice, but pretty dim. I haven't put them in the blow molds yet, but I'm not very optimistic. I wander if the Christmas lights etc version is brighter? They are a lot more costly for sure!

Had similar experiance.  I would try the LED strip light, would be plenty bright,, if not too bright.  They have a brightness setting which can be adjusted or they can be cut to reduce the number of LEDs.  

Had similar experiance.  I would try the LED strip light, would be plenty bright,, if not too bright.  They have a brightness setting which can be adjusted or they can be cut to reduce the number of LEDs.  
I'm going to try an a19 smart bulb that supposedly has a memory function. If that doesn't work out I may move to the strips. That just takes a bit more work

I’ve had a lot off brightness issues with the LED bulbs.  The LED strip light appears to me to be a bit more consistent.  You would have to modify your blow mold to accommodate an LED strip light.  Maybe something like 1” PVC pipe sticking up inside the blowmold with four of the LED strips attached to it.  The strip light has an adhesavie tape which would stick to the pipe.  Good luck. 

Hey Vette Kid look at Minleon C7 color Changing Bulbs i have used them for years on my roofline and they are bright . You can purchase them at Cristmasleds.com
Do you have a link? I'm not seeing that brand on their site.