Jump to content
Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Rob

Cado Union North Pole sign

Recommended Posts

I bought a cado union North Pole sign this year. When I light it up it looks more cream/brown color than the general foam items look more white. Are the old union North Pole sign like the new one below or more white? Every thing I have gotten this year that is new looks more cream/ brown. I am not sure if Cado is using different type of plastic or if it’s thicker thus letting less light through?

CC466EDC-5127-4AAC-B4E9-F074154CBBC2.jpeg

FA213D3C-73EF-4AD2-B73F-25AD262B99B7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed a little brown hue in my ghost I got this year. Not sure what’s going on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 9:00 AM, Scott Rob said:

I bought a cado union North Pole sign this year. When I light it up it looks more cream/brown color than the general foam items look more white. Are the old union North Pole sign like the new one below or more white? Every thing I have gotten this year that is new looks more cream/ brown. I am not sure if Cado is using different type of plastic or if it’s thicker thus letting less light through?

 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:34 PM, RichardG said:

I noticed a little brown hue in my ghost I got this year. Not sure what’s going on

i'd be willing to bet that it's just the bulbs and not the pastic.  If the bulb in those 'molds is one of the lower wattage C7s (4 or 5 watts) then it will look brownish.  You might try swapping in a 7 watt C7 and see if that helps.  You could try an LED C7 but a lot of them aren't bright enough.  To find one that is bright enough is not cost effective in my mind.  I don't know if you can find the 7 watt C7s locally.  You might have to order them from one of the vendors like Action Lighting or Creative Displays.

Ever since LED Christmas lights came out the incandescent clear bulbs look brownish to me.  It's really annoying especially since it's one of those things that you can't "unsee"!

TED

Edited by TED
to bump up the wattage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i'd be willing to bet that it's just the bulbs and not the pastic.  If the bulb in those 'molds is one of the lower wattage C7s (4 or 5 watts) then it will look brownish.  You might try swapping in a 7 watt C7 and see if that helps.  You could try an LED C7 but a lot of them aren't bright enough.  To find one that is bright enough is not cost effective in my mind.  I don't know if you can find the 7 watt C7s locally.  You might have to order them from one of the vendors like Action Lighting or Creative Displays.
Ever since LED Christmas lights came out the incandescent clear bulbs look brownish to me.  It's really annoying especially since it's one of those things that you can't "unsee"!
TED

Ted,

Weird thing. While GV used a C7 in the ghost. Cado is using an Edison base light fixture. A GFP kit at that. It don’t bother me with the ghost because it don’t make it as bright as I thought it would be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The North Pole sign has a 40watt LED bulb. I have to put in brighter bulbs into my blow molds.This is due to the city last year changing my street light out from 150watt HPS to 1000watt eq. LED. So even at 11pm it’s like a giant spot light in my yard! I did not use a flash. It’s look brighter in person! All of my blow molds now have LED bulbs most are 60watt all C7 type get either 25W or 40W. 

4E3FCEB0-D5E0-4A8E-8F7D-E445E1673E45.jpeg

Edited by Scott Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

The North Pole sign has a 40watt LED bulb. I have to put in brighter bulbs into my blow molds.This is due to the city last year changing my street light out from 150watt HPS to 1000watt eq. LED. So even at 11pm it’s like a giant spot light in my yard! I did not use a flash. It’s look brighter in person! All of my blow molds now have LED bulbs most are 60watt all C7 type get either 25W or 40W. 

4E3FCEB0-D5E0-4A8E-8F7D-E445E1673E45.jpeg

 I would almost find that a little annoying thats so bright. But on the other hand, no need for any security lights.

what type of lights are they, lantern style or down light?  I’d almost complain/ ask if the could put a deflector on it if that were my house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks to me as though they used a warm white LED in the North Pole sign and cool or natural white in the Reindeer Crossing sign.  It's a little yellower than I expected for warm white but not too far off. 

I hope the local DPW never puts one of those energy efficient, super bright lights on our street.  The sodium vapor street light is located directly in front of my home and is brighter than I would like.  It went out one time and I was hoping it would be a long wait for a replacement bulb.  No such luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, drkness said:

 I would almost find that a little annoying thats so bright. But on the other hand, no need for any security lights.

what type of lights are they, lantern style or down light?  I’d almost complain/ ask if the could put a deflector on it if that were my house. 

Its a lantern style (acorn dome). They did put a deflector in it that cut down the brightness. But it’s still very bright in my book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×