Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
DEMILLE88

THIS NEWBIE NEEDS HELP PLEASE

OK I BOUGHT THE LOR 16 CHANNEL, WE BOUGHT OUTDOOR SPEAKERS, AND A AMP, I AM LEARNING HOW TO HOOK THINGS UP SO FAR I GOT MY AMY AND SPEAKERS GOING THRU MY TV, I CAN PLAY MUSIC FROM MY IPHONE PRETTY COOL, BUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO GET IT ALL HOOKED UP THRU MY COMPUTER, IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW TO GET IT ALL TO WORK THRU MY COMPUTER ANY HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT THANKS ASHLEY

Its a fast learning curve but if you take one thing at a time, goes pretty smoothly. Strongly suggest you Bing "Light O Rama" tutorials and start with the first one. There are some that walk you through the hardware and tons that walk you through the basics of sequencing. You must have a LOR S4 or S5 license otherwise the SW will not communicate to the controller. If you haven't done so already, you need CAT 5 cable and a UISB - RS485 high speed adapter. That is what connects the USB port of your PC to the LOR RS486 jack. AS you add more controllers, you daisy chain them. Take a look at your controller and you will see 2 of these connectors at the top of the board, one signal in and the other to daisy chain to your next controller

• Like 1

Maybe this will help. You need to obtain a 1/8" mini stereo phone plug to 2 male RCA connectors patch cable as shown below. Widely available in most stores that sell audio/computer stuff or dollar stores. The 1/8" mini plug plugs into the GREEN jack on the back of your desktop computer (line out) or the headphone jack on your laptop computer. The two RCA plugs go into the L and R aux or line  inputs on your amp. If everything is working and turned on you should hear whatever is playing on your computer through the amp and speakers.

823861957_AudioPatchcord.thumb.JPG.ac84d136b1d236d1b680441d834161ec.JPG358038784_DellAudioConnections.thumb.JPG.a95ef6f7ad2bd59b6918042f27b1d773.JPG

This forum is great Ashley, don't be afraid to ask. Holidays will soon be here and we need our lights to shine & dance !