Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
slankard

Walmart has a reindeer crossing blow mold

It takes 3 AA battery’s it has a dusk timer for 4-6hours.  I will change it out for 120V C7 set up. 

5F1EEA29-F189-4A60-A9E8-3E90DDE67D73.jpeg

I'm thinking it will look good with a color change bulb. My plan anyway.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2018 at 7:04 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Slankard sent me the pic we ALL have been waiting for! Thanks Slankard!!

0918181900.jpg

Thanks for posting that--I couldn't imagine what Slank was talking about!

0918181900.jpg

Thanks for posting that--I couldn't imagine what Slank was talking about!  Now that I see it I remember these from last year.  They had a few left at clearance but I didn't buy any.  (i wasn't that crazy about it but maybe I'll change my mind this year.)

0918181900.jpg

Thanks for posting that--I couldn't imagine what Slank was talking about!  Now that I see it I remember these from last year.  They had a few left at clearance but I didn't buy any.  (i wasn't that crazy about it but maybe I'll change my mind this year.)

I live in Bentonville, Arkansas which is where Walmart's home office is and Christmas stuff has been out for about a week or so. Here is what I found. I got some of the giant blow mold bulbs and they held well last year. I also scored a general foam giant C7 blow mold at walmart last year as well. Anyways here are some pictures. 

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I really like the mail box!  And the lampposts are nice with the figures in them. 

I checked WM this morning and they had the Christmas display out.  The $50 nativity set was there.  No reindeer parking signs.  The only other blow molds I spotted were  battery powered 10" blow molds in three variations.  The one not shown above is a snowball Santa. 

I finally got my reindeer sign today but they only had one out and nothing else yet. 

Who is Holiday Time?? Can someone get the SKU numbers for the hanging bell and lantern for me??

Thanks!

1 hour ago, nymark313 said:

Who is Holiday Time?? Can someone get the SKU numbers for the hanging bell and lantern for me??

Thanks!

Holiday time is walmart's private label christmas brand. 

Can you believe someone is selling the reindeer sign from Walmart on eBay for $90 already!

11 hours ago, nymark313 said:

Thanks!

The lantern is below:)

8302D1CB-35D6-46E0-A805-7466D1BD94E7.jpeg

CF91AC67-C02C-4E60-B5BB-9D573B9B275F.jpeg

IF you bought one of the battery operated 10" blow molds from WM, can you take a picture of the way it is lit.  I didn't want to take it out of the box and get in trouble.  One that I tried has a swirling pattern to the lights inside.  It should be easy to convert to 120V C9 incandescent or C9 LED but my preference is to use 12V DC LEDs and a converter.

Today was my weekly visit to the local Goodwill outlet store and they brought out a bunch of last year's Holiday Time displays.  I only was able to grab a 28" Light Up Metal Owl for about $2.  It's LED and pretty nice.  Wish I had been to the bin faster. 

I did convert my reindeer crossing blow mold to 120V LED bulbs. Attached are pictures it toke about 15-20mins to convert.

52C3EE1D-177B-401C-8920-4934804F90EB.jpeg

4D08B0FB-405F-44FF-95AD-8189AA12642C.jpeg

5FAA5B6D-9CCF-4357-96A9-438B5FA5D632.jpeg

17C6D129-514E-4EC0-8711-E127A689F8D5.jpeg

4941632D-F2D4-4F92-81A2-CD49020FAA4A.jpeg

0A60A7F2-48C0-435E-9719-9048DD17E6D0.jpeg

044105BB-946F-4AE4-82DC-9EA9E2FC2F89.jpeg

DD2C651C-7891-4492-9A08-F49468A1FAE5.jpeg

32A16C89-7D11-40B8-9B47-08BBA49B47A9.jpeg

B5CA373B-E563-4CDC-ABF1-5D10A6BD3E82.jpeg

• Like 1

I've checked all three near me and no one has them out yet. They are all still in the process of putting things out though. I really want one of those and maybe the lantern. I kind of like the Nativity too, although I'm turn on that one. Been wanting a Nativity, but something about this one is giving me pause.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

How in the !@#$% do you fined the christmas blow mold bell and lantern on the walmart site?  I've tried every number pictured on the box above as well as every Christmas category I can think of, and nothing shows up.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/27/2018 at 8:55 AM, Scott Rob said:

Below are some pictures. This is for a new Walmart blow mold Lantern.

The LED part is a 1/4turn to open it does have some glue holding it but, I could just move it a little and it broke loss. I used a unibit drill bit for the holes. I think they work better when drilling in plastic. I then use some zip plugs and spt-1 wire I use at Halloween and Christmas. Then I attached the socket part to spt-1 wire and ran it through the holes I had drilled in the LED base.  Added the male end onto the spt-1 wire and a new 120V LED light is created. This small project toke about 5-10minutes to do. Hope this helps!

PS. Sorry my pictures may not be in order.

lat0.jpg

lat2.jpg

lat3.jpg

lat1.jpg

lat4.jpg

lat5.jpg

lat7.jpg

lat8.jpg

lat9.jpg

lat6.jpg

The bell and snowman head are the same way. I really like the lantern and they are all under$10 bucks! I hope I can find more lanterns! I have look for all three on-line but have not been able to find them. I will look tonight for the receipt for lantern.

• Like 1

You are right about not being able to locate these Christmas blow molds on the Walmart site even if you know the SKU number.  WM links you to outside vendors not stuff sold in the stores.  I tried searching on "Christmas lantern SKU 85946" and limiting the price to $9-$12 but nothing like the lantern shows.  My local WM staff was nice enough to leave the layout sheet for organizing the display on the shelves. 

It doesn't look like they will be carrying the "reindeer parking" blow mold at that location.  It wasn't on any of the sheets.  I would like to buy one and convert it to 12V LED and include lights in the lower part of the unit.  It's simple using a plastic tube with SMD 2835 LEDs spirally would around the tube.  I just ordered a bunch of C4 LED bulbs in 3W and 5W for the upper part of blow molds in place of the incandescent light.  If you still want to use 110V to the blow mold, you can hide a converter inside the base or buy the 110V version.  These bulbs are available in 110V but a bit more expensive and harder to find.  The price for eight 12V,  3W bulbs was $4.78, for eight 5W bulbs was $7.76 and ten C4 ceramic sockets with 6" wires was $1.24.  Makes conversions quite affordable.  5W version shown below:

G4_24_or_48_LED_bulb_12_V_or_110_V.jpg