Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Picked these up today at a sale, not sure who makes them, they have a cool look to them. If someone knows who made them, it would help me..thanks J

15345208852014367841544828979286.jpg

20180817_104322.jpg

• Like 1

There's a couple that look like this on ebay.  They are listed as Vintage Union Electrified Yule Log and 3 Candles.  I can't say absolutely that this one is Union, but they do have the original box to go with it and they look very similar. 

• Like 1

I would think so, from the large number on eBay I would say they made them for many years.

I hope this is not off topic but does anyone know when they introduced fused plugs as a requirement.  I saw two very nice blow molds on eBay this morning that I was thinking of buying  and they are equipped with fused plugs.  The Empire/Carolina Enterprises candle that arrived yesterday has the old style plug. 

On 9/1/2018 at 12:36 PM, Rich in Las Vegas said:

I hope this is not off topic but does anyone know when they introduced fused plugs as a requirement.  I saw two very nice blow molds on eBay this morning that I was thinking of buying  and they are equipped with fused plugs.  The Empire/Carolina Enterprises candle that arrived yesterday has the old style plug. 

I'm thinking in the 80s or maybe late 70s but I'm really not sure.  If you post this over in the blowmolds forum area I bet someone will know.

TED