Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

I have a large qty of Christmas outdoor display items that I have taken pics of and wish to post them for sale on this forum. However, when I attempt to post the pics, a note appears, telling me the pics are too big.  How can I get past this?  A lot of items are either new or like new condition, and I would like to see them go first to planetchristmas forum members before I have to sell them otherwise.   I am moving, and the next house is too small for what I have.    Thnx, 

rotatorman

• Like 1

You can crop the photos so that only the item is in the shot and not its surroundings or possibly retake the photos using a smaller resolution.  I found that cropping works fine for me. 

1 hour ago, Don Mcabee said:

following

3 hours ago, donna123 said:

You can crop the photos so that only the item is in the shot and not its surroundings or possibly retake the photos using a smaller resolution.  I found that cropping works fine for me. 

Donna: so frustrating, trying to post pics on this forum!   Wasting my time!!!  I did try your advice to crop, and got the same message that my pics were too big. May have to try using the dreaded “C-list”.  You have helped me in the past, and I appreciate that. So bummed; I have a lot of good Xmas items to sell....

3 hours ago, donna123 said:

2 minutes ago, Rotatorman said:

Donna: so frustrating, trying to post pics on this forum!   Wasting my time!!!  I did try your advice to crop, and got the same message that my pics were too big. May have to try using the dreaded “C-list”.  You have helped me in the past, and I appreciate that. So bummed; I have a lot of good Xmas items to sell....

post a list here and if anybody is interested you can exchange contact info, email, text etc

28 minutes ago, Rotatorman said:

Darn, cropping usually works.  I don't know what you are using to take the photos.  Would it be possible to lower the resolution and then take the photos so the file size is smaller without degrading your image too much?  I usually use my very old ipad which has a terrible camera, but it ends up being ok for posting on here. 

• Like 1

OK, I’ll try using my iPad to re-shoot the images. And if it has resolution adjustments, I’ll try that again.  Thnx, D.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rotatorman said:

OK, I’ll try using my iPad to re-shoot the images. And if it has resolution adjustments, I’ll try that again.  Thnx, D.

You are very welcome......good luck!

• Like 1

Hi Rotatorman,, try emailing in the pictures to yourself.  That often gives you the option to select the size of photo you want to send.

• Like 1

I have no problem uploading pictures, I copy them from my camera to the hard drive on my desktop and use microsoft office picture manager to compress them into smaller size files. The program gives you several size options, I compress the pictures for "documents" which knocks down the size quite a lot but keeps the resolution good. You can also rotate those pesky sideways and upside down pictures and then either overwrite the original  file or save the modified picture as a new file. My software isn't the latest and greatest, I am using office 2003 with windows XP and it works like a charm.

Thank you Mikeymatic.  If that doesn’t work, I’m gonna have to sell these locally in a garage sale (blah).