Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
salamber

GFP Black Friday

Today was a sad day for me.  As most know, GFP re-opened their doors after prepping for the auction.  Why is it a sad day for me?  not because they are closing.  I have had many chances to go working nearby.  What saddened me was how people have acted over the past few weeks there and on the Blow Mold Nation Facebook group.  

I sometimes wish Facebook would disappear because even though this site is used less, the BMN Facebook group is overrun by people who are disrespectful, care more about making a buck, and less about the Christmas spirit.  Which is sad to me.  I am only 37 but the day I found out about GFP, it was like the coolest thing in the world (and for people who have never been able to go check out the warehouse pre-2017, you missed out).  

If I could take the knowledge and respect of others on here over at BMN, it would be great.  

I never thought I would meet rude people at GFP but sadly I have over the past few weeks.  

I will miss GFP.  I will miss going every November.  I will miss taking my wife and kids.

But at least the day ended on a good night, I got the last piece I really wanted.  I got a GFP train with Santa.

• Like 1

So I was there today as well. And the “real” collectors or people of BMN are not the ones trying to make a buck. There is a group of people who showed up at the warehouse with trailers and their intent was to only resell. They listed nutcrackers online for $90.

Sorry about the people. I was across the street when they opened and missed the action, but one of the workers told me crazy they acted. Someone told me how you could hear all the blow molds falling over. When I got there she was arguing with a guy cause he wanted two trains and limit was one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

The vast majority of BMN is made up of people who love molds and want to get them to display them. Just like every other hobby, we have some members who are primarily flippers (though many of them do displays as well). Today was definitely a little crazy down there, I won't deny that. Some of it was out of greed, but some of it was also out of pure zeal to get a mold that they prize dearly.

I met some wonderful people from the group today. As an admin, you can't imagine how happy I was to meet some of the members who came to expand their collections and make their displays bigger and better. It brought a warm feeling in my heart. It was a great reminder that even though the negative encounters can bring you down, the positive ones will lift you way up. It was especially needed as it's the "testy" season in the Christmas community as a whole.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a few of our members, but I encourage you to look through the bad for the good. It's there, often hiding, but when found it's profoundly inspiring.

Spybook SUCKS!! Get it out of your life...you WILL feel better  it's a very toxic place the be..to many busy bodies and amber hit the nail on the head.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

........  it's the "testy" season in the Christmas community as a whole.

Tyler,   Would you please tell me what this means because I don't have a clue and now I'm very curious?

Salamber,  I never had the chance to see the factory and I really would have loved it.    

It sounds like a bit of chaos went on there today.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.  I worked for a very large retailer for over 10 years and had to work through too many 1 day sales.  People come in and destroy the selling floor, fight with employees and other customers and of course you always have the ones who try to barter which this retailer would never do.  I ended up basically hating people.  Thank goodness that passes when you leave that environment.

Edited by donna123

3 minutes ago, donna123 said:

Tyler,   Would you please tell me what this means because I don't have a clue and now I'm very curious?

For whatever reason, historically speaking, after Christmas and into New Years as displays are coming down/are down there have been some real bad fights in various Christmas communities. No idea why it happens, and lately it has been avoided for the most part with only little sparks instead of the all out flame wars we used to have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Thanks, I am really surprised, this is new to me! :) 

Edited by donna123

My biggest beef with BMN is there were people (won't say names) who stir the pot, hype up the people, and just made it not as fun as it should of been.  I love BMN.  But I also can't stand certain people taunting others like they are going to buy everything or act like they know more than others.  

After hearing the dominos of blow molds falling, these certain peoples being pretty vicious with their grabbing, I left right after.

I felt bad for the lady at GFP.

I was also dissapointed I didn't stay to meet some other people like @Tyler and @richardG.  

Edited by salamber

My biggest beef with BMN is there were people (won't say names) who stir the pot, hype up the people, and just made it not as fun as it should of been.  I love BMN.  But I also can't stand certain people taunting others like they are going to buy everything or act like they know more than others.  
After hearing the dominos of blow molds falling, these certain peoples being pretty vicious with their grabbing, I left right after.
I felt bad for the lady at GFP.

I was also dissapointed I didn't stay to meet some other people like [mention=745]Tyler[/mention] and@richardG.  

I’m disappointed as well. I got to meet some of the members with Tyler being one. Fun fact, like most of BMN I started here on PC finding out about PC from the ABC forum that is now closed. Met Tyler on here and that was about 10-11 years ago. Just now meeting him was pretty cool.

I missed the chaos, but the employees were telling me about it later on after everyone had left. I as well feel sorry for them. Such sweet ladies in that factory and some real nice people in the corporate office that’s been there forever and are now without jobs.

I walked in after the chaos and the sounds of blow molds hitting the cement floor of the factory was enough to make ya cringe lol.

Not sure who you are on BMN, but I can agree with some of the know it all snarky members.

3 hours ago, RichardG said:

I’m disappointed as well. I got to meet some of the members with Tyler being one. Fun fact, like most of BMN I started here on PC finding out about PC from the ABC forum that is now closed. Met Tyler on here and that was about 10-11 years ago. Just now meeting him was pretty cool.

I missed the chaos, but the employees were telling me about it later on after everyone had left. I as well feel sorry for them. Such sweet ladies in that factory and some real nice people in the corporate office that’s been there forever and are now without jobs.

I walked in after the chaos and the sounds of blow molds hitting the cement floor of the factory was enough to make ya cringe lol.

Not sure who you are on BMN, but I can agree with some of the know it all snarky members.

I agree.   I am on BMN Because you can filter out the noise.  Most the time.  Plus more things are posted on there than here.  I wish this Forum was used more.  

Sadly, I didn't even know about BMN until a bulk buyer showed up at GFP buying a truck and trailer of stuff to sell told me about it. 

I joke around with a lot of people.  Especially this week since everyone is crazy.

People got angry because my buddy had three trains on a cart (One for him, one for me, and one for our other buddy).  and while they were grabbing a cart, a few people tried to take their trains.

I agree.   I am on BMN Because you can filter out the noise.  Most the time.  Plus more things are posted on there than here.  I wish this Forum was used more.  
Sadly, I didn't even know about BMN until a bulk buyer showed up at GFP buying a truck and trailer of stuff to sell told me about it. 
I joke around with a lot of people.  Especially this week since everyone is crazy.
People got angry because my buddy had three trains on a cart (One for him, one for me, and one for our other buddy).  and while they were grabbing a cart, a few people tried to take their trains.

Sadly this forum used to be the go to place but things changed sadly.

As for the trains I can understand, to many resellers left with to many of one items. Someone wanted me to pick one up for them, but with only one being allowed and one per family and one being left when I walked in. I was glad they limited so I was able to get one.

So, im curious. What were the purchase prices for the holiday aluminum blowmolds?

Auction hasn’t happened yet.