Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
dchackert

Blow Mold Replacement lights

I know i have seen answers somewhere but cant find them currently. I just came across a great deal on some blow molds and its of course a great deal because the lights are missing or cords are just bad. Besides online anyone know of any brick and mortar stores that sell these these? I checked Lowe's this morning and they did not seem to have any. 

I saw lowes had em...6 for $6 I believe.  They list em as village lights.
Hmm my Lowe's didn't have any of those out. I "have to" go through that section every time I visit there.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

did you by chance have a part or item number from lowes on the 6 for 6

I will stop by and get it tomorrow....drive by every day to and from work.  I was surprised when I saw it as I have seen folks on here lookin for them in the past.  The were right next to the village pieces in my store.

I have found the easiest thing to do with Lowe’s is to purchase online and pick up in the store. They will either ship it to the store and hold it or they will pick it out of their shelves and hold it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found the easiest thing to do with Lowe’s is to purchase online and pick up in the store. They will either ship it to the store and hold it or they will pick it out of their shelves and hold it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I did this though I might not "accidently" buy more stuff "need" haha

Hi All

I sell the following c7 cords, can be used indoor or outdoor, no on/off switch, each socket has the spring / butterfly clip

Single c7 2ft  $1.75 each

Single c7 4ft $2.00 each

Single c7 6ft $2.25 each

Double c7 18 inch spacing $2.75 each

Triple c7 8 inch spacing $3.25 each ( low quantity on hand)

Triple c7 18 inch spacing $3.25 each

Triple c7 24 inch spacing $3.75 each

Triple c7 36 inch spacing $4.25 each

5 socket c7 36 inch spacing $6.25

FOR THE EXTREME DECORATORS

25 socket 3ft spacing $30.00

25 socket 6 ft spacing $50.00

Regular large socket with blackplate (for large blowmolds) socket is coned will accept Regular bulb, CFL and LED bulbs,  no need to cut sockets down

95% all shipped via USPS priority mail,   payment via PAYPAL

send message  

Thanks

Father Penguin

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Father Penguin said:

Hi All

I sell the following c7 cords, can be used indoor or outdoor, no on/off switch, each socket has the spring / butterfly clip

Single c7 2ft  $1.75 each

Single c7 4ft $2.00 each

Single c7 6ft $2.25 each

Double c7 18 inch spacing $2.75 each

Triple c7 8 inch spacing $3.25 each ( low quantity on hand)

Triple c7 18 inch spacing $3.25 each

Triple c7 24 inch spacing $3.75 each

Triple c7 36 inch spacing $4.25 each

5 socket c7 36 inch spacing $6.25

FOR THE EXTREME DECORATORS

25 socket 3ft spacing $30.00

25 socket 6 ft spacing $50.00

Regular large socket with blackplate $ 6  each (for large blowmolds) socket is coned will accept Regular bulb, CFL and LED bulbs,  no need to cut sockets down

95% all shipped via USPS priority mail,   payment via PAYPAL

send message  

Thanks

Father Penguin

On 10/25/2017 at 12:25 PM, Yuletron said:

Home Depot has them for 6.99 (here in NY).

If that's a single socket C7 cordset then YIKES!!!

On 10/25/2017 at 6:36 PM, qberg said:

I saw lowes had em...6 for $6 I believe.  They list em as village lights.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:53 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Q, did you by chance have a part or item number from lowes on the 6 for 6

On 10/25/2017 at 9:49 PM, qberg said:

I will stop by and get it tomorrow....drive by every day to and from work.  I was surprised when I saw it as I have seen folks on here lookin for them in the past.  The were right next to the village pieces in my store.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:25 PM, Yuletron said:

Home Depot has them for 6.99 (here in NY).

Those Lowes and HD ones are going to be one cord with 6 sockets not 6 individual cords (just like the 5 socket walmart one that qberg posted except with 6 sockets).

You can usually find C7 cordsets anywhere that sells the Christmas village type houses.

Edited by TED

Michaels (the craft store)  carried the single sockets in their stores last year... They may have some this year also.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:00 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Where do you get the spring clip fo them Yule?

The ones from Home Depot came with the clips. It was in the lamp repair section

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, TED said:

Hey Q, did you by chance have a part or item number from lowes on the 6 for 6

I stopped by and could not find them again.  I believe they probably were six sockets on a single cord after looking at other options.

Still not sure how it looks yet buy for one small snowman blow mold I just got I pulled out an old strand of 50 white lights in it. Lights on in my garage it looked okay. Still need to dark test it. Give use/life to old strands I wasn't planning on using anyways

On 10/27/2017 at 7:37 PM, Father Penguin said:

That's a great selection of cords!  My curiosity is piqued.  Do you make these yourself?

TED