Jump to content
Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
donna123

My new additions for Halloween 2017

Recommended Posts

I found so many really good molds this year.  Here is mix of Empire, Bayshore, Tico, Gregg, Blinky and Gen Foam.  The large Empire witch came in her original box.  I am still on the prowl for the very much in demand Union Scarecrow.  My search continues!

image.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great finds Donna, wonderful additions to any collection and display.  Which one are referring to as being a Gregg?

Mel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mel Fischer said:

Great finds Donna, wonderful additions to any collection and display.  Which one are referring to as being a Gregg?

Mel

Mel, check back to our pm's on August 4th.  I sent you pics because this guy came with an original cord that had the paper ring on it that said Gregg Novelty.

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Donna, I had forgotten about that conversation.  I had saved the information in the folder with the pictures of ours but forgot to move that folder from my Unknown Maker files to the Gregg Products folder.  I looked up the PM thread and reread it and that thread is saved in the folder also.

Mel

Gregg Products Haystack Witch.jpg

Edited by Mel Fischer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, I have Halloween ads from 1971 & 1973 showing the Haystack Witch so we know it was made for at least three years (1971-1973).  The ads are from Kmart and Walgreens.

Mel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 1:54 PM, donna123 said:

I found so many really good molds this year.  Here is mix of Empire, Bayshore, Tico, Gregg, Blinky and Gen Foam.  The large Empire witch came in her original box.  I am still on the prowl for the very much in demand Union Scarecrow.  My search continues!

Wow--you have some very cool pieces there!  I'm curious about the skull pail.  Who made that one?

TED

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TED said:

Wow--you have some very cool pieces there!  I'm curious about the skull pail.  Who made that one?

TED

From what I can see of the skull pail in the picture it looks to be a Blinky Products pail.

Mel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mel Fischer said:

From what I can see of the skull pail in the picture it looks to be a Blinky Products pail.

Mel

 

6 hours ago, TED said:

Wow--you have some very cool pieces there!  I'm curious about the skull pail.  Who made that one?

TED

 

Thanks Ted,  the skull pail was made by Blinky.  As usual, Mel is correct!!  Would you believe it still glows in the dark.  I turned out the lights and there it was, a glowing green skull on my dining room table. LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, donna123 said:

Thanks Ted,  the skull pail was made by Blinky.  As usual, Mel is correct!!  Would you believe it still glows in the dark.  I turned out the lights and there it was, a glowing green skull on my dining room table. LOL 

Nice!  I see from checking their website that Blinky still makes some glow in the dark items but apparently not the skull pail.  (Too bad--it's a cool item!)

TED

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×