Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Don Mcabee

Everything has a reason

Ok, in a few posts including one on christmasfanclub,  ans Planet christmas I have sent out a request wanting to buy a plastic sleigh, and 10 deer. Yes 10 deer and here is why............................this past year my 8 year old daughter (the only girl beside her mom, so yeah she gets special treatment lol) (and bless her heart she is the most gullible person on the planet) anyway, she was riding with me in my truck to pick up a payment for a job done in little rock. Well we were riding along listening to Christmas music on the radio and Rudolph by Gene Autry came on. She was singing her little heart out and when she gets to the part that says " But do you recall?" the most famous reindeer of all.....I stopped her and said "Emy what did you say?" so she repeated it and I told her thats not what it says........It says "but do you know Claude", and the most famous reindeer of all.......She kinda argued with me that I was wrong (I never cracked a smile) I proceeded to tell her this long drawn out story that Claude was a little unruly and they left him out of the cartoons because he was always in some sort of mischief. I went on to tell her that he lives in the village with all the Elf of a Shelf guys in Istanbul. Please try to imagine this beautiful little girl soaking in all of Dads wisdom, as I told her that Santa still lets claude go out with the rest of the team on Christmas but he has to run along beside them because there are not enough hitches on the sleigh. Well, me and the family has a good laugh after she went to bed that evening and I thought it was over...WRONG. Next day on a job site in Greenville SC my cell rings and its the school. I excused myself long enough to answer and be informed that during Chorus class Emy refused to sing it "right" because "my daddy said thats not right...and he is never wrong"...OH GOD I ABOUT DIED!!!! I had to explain the joke to the teacher. I thought boy Im glad thats over...WRONG....The lead Engineer had overheard the conversation and I got a full day....no...week of ribbing about not knowing the words to a kids song.....Well if you think it was over....WRONG AGAIN......A few weeks ago I decided to buy a sleigh and deer and make them appear to be wayyyyyy up high flying in my neighbors yard for 2017. I sat down with my laptop and started shopping, I found the most amazing 1977 Empire sleigh with 1 deer on ebay, next day I found an auction for 2 more deer, total of 3. I showed my daughter what I had found (she is my helper on christmas decorations, and pretty much the shot caller) and she says, you only need 7 more deer daddy, I told her I was just gonna get 8 and that would be enough, the said "Daddy you started this mess, now do it right...we gonna have 10"...........Me and my big mouth....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did doing it.....Don                                                    

I copied and pasted this from my original post on Christmasfanclub and put it here hoping you guys would enjoy it, Don

Edited by Don Mcabee
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

That is so funny. I have to agree with your daughter. If you are going to do something --do it right. LOL

"You started the mess"

Precious. 

Edited by razlfratz
  • Like 1

HAHAHAHA! I had to share that with my wife!

Don't leave us hanging Don!  Were you able to get all 10??!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenning said:

HAHAHAHA! I had to share that with my wife!

Don't leave us hanging Don!  Were you able to get all 10??!!

not yet, but the search continues . They are are by empire and kinda difficult to find. 

On 3/5/2018 at 6:01 PM, The Inflatable King Of Ohio said:

Is this the one you were talking about in the chat box? It was pretty funny!

Yes sir, that's it, and to add to the post, I have found 10 deer for the 2018 season (9 grand venture/empire mix) and 1 of the goofy deer (often called the butt dear) so Claude will make his debut this year!!!!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Don Mcabee said:

Yes sir, that's it, and to add to the post, I have found 10 deer for the 2018 season (9 grand venture/empire mix) and 1 of the goofy deer (often called the butt dear) so Claude will make his debut this year!!!!

Can’t wait to see your display this year! (I can’t even wait to see my own display!)

• Thanks 1