Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xenon

12' Santa In Bed With Snoring Sounds

There were a few on E-Bay.  I just got one for $77.00, and that was with free shipping.   It is a great inflatable.  His stomach goes up and down like he is breathing, and even snores. 

Thanks sweikl, I think that is the one I was looking for, kept searching snore  did not think about slumbering.  have bought from this seller before on ebay.

not Christmas, but that seller seems to like $71, I just bought a 20' Halloween Cat from him for $71, he was $299 on HSN.  thinking of buying the 15' Raindeer.  does anyone have it, just wondered how hard they may be to keep up ad what type blower it has.

post-17812-0-45655200-1425064851_thumb.j

Wow, $71.00 for a 20 foot cat, that's a GREAT price.   I don't have the reindeer, but a 12 foot cat.    It stays up well, but I added a different blower motor.   Like all inflatables, motors are a big part of how well they inflate.    I have a 20 foot snowman that the motor was not strong enough to keep it up in any wind.  A friend lent me a motor to a old bounce house he had, and that kept the snowman up in 20 plus mph winds.

I have bought a few from the seller I posted early, good seller.    I did not have to pay shipping on the one I got a few weeks ago, don't know why they are charging now.

interesting thing is we own a moonwalk rental company and have plenty of large blowers.  but the best blowers I like are the external blowers, we have a few of them that I kept from some old globes.  think I will bid on the reindeer.

we set up about 300 inflatables each Christmas and about 100 for Halloween

here are a few pictures: http://jumpingjeremysmoonwalks.com/holidaydisplaysallyears.html

Wow, 300!       I put out 150, and know how much work that is.     I would love to have that many, but only have the land for about another 50.   Only way I could do more is if I don't put out the other things, and there is no way my wife would go for that.     I looked at your pics, great job.  This is the page for my display on FaceBook.

https://www.facebook.com/LeicesterChristmasLights

If anyone sees one of these for sale please let me know..

There is a 5' version of the animated inflatable santa sleeping in the bed that has the snoring sound with it on americansale.com for only $50!!!

Yup, that's really funny as I just ran across it in their old magazine and thought of you. $130 sounds like a great score especially with that lifetime warranty!

Yes, that is a great price.   I looked to see if they still had the 20 foot lounging snowman.    It is not on there anymore.   I have one, and it is a big hit.  Some people tell me my snowman fell over. They think he is supposed to be standing up.