Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hilgi

Black Light Spray Paint

I just bought one of those new full size pose-able skeletons from Costco. It looks great but it does not glow under a black light. 

I have some of the cheap temporary spray but I would really like a good spray which will stay for the month but I don't want the bright green, I like it to glow white/blue. 

Any ideas how this one looks or do you have a brand you like? http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K03150-Aerosol-6-Ounce-Glow-In-The-Dark/dp/B000GLG7HS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411431662&sr=8-2&keywords=black+light+spray+paint 

Thanks! 

that looks like glow in the dark paint, I would think it will glow green for you.

for a blue white i would think a flat bright white of some brand.

I use a day glow yellow for my spider webs, they do sell a blue but i have never tried that.

something like this maybe https://www.krylonindustrial.com/products/overhead_marking_paint

that looks like glow in the dark paint, I would think it will glow green for you.

for a blue white i would think a flat bright white of some brand.

I use a day glow yellow for my spider webs, they do sell a blue but i have never tried that.

something like this maybe https://www.krylonindustrial.com/products/overhead_marking_paint

Thanks.

If your plastic is compatible with PVC or is PVC, I used and alternate to spray paint and used a mixture of PVC cleaner and UV leak detector dye use for finding leaks in AC systems.  Some auto supply places have it and most commercial AC supply stores carry it in stock.  It has been so long that I bought a bottle (over 20 years) I have no idea what the current price is.  I added about a teaspoon full to a can of PVC primer and with the in can dabber, I painted by PVC and when dry, added a second coat.  The results under blacklight are spectacular.  I took photos of the a white PVC coupling on a white counter in both normal light and under black-light.

I'm not sure if I can post photos here as I am new, so I'll link to my post on an unrelated forum about tater tossers.

http://www.spudfiles.com/materials-ammo/topic1724-285.html?hilit=blacklight#p316294

According to this website you can use RIT-brand fabric whitener to make things fluoresce under a UV Blacklight.

http://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/Lighting/bltmat_BlackLightMaterials.html

There's lots of information there...

I have one of these poseable skeletons also and hung it above a two-tube 48" fluorescent blacklight fixture but no joy.

In the end i decided to use it as a "ghost rider" behind the wheel of an old antique car in my yard. I used a holesaw to drill a hole in the lower back of the skull and installed a red C7 bulb in one of those "spring loaded wing" sockets that are used to light up blowmolds. I then used a dremel tool to open up the eyes so the red light could shine out to gave the skeleton an even more sinister appearance.

I used some fine wire to attach his hands to the steering wheel and lit him up with a handful of C9 clear bulbs and a couple of C9 strobes located under the dash in front of the instrument cluster. I also disconnected the car headlights from the wiring harness and temporarily hooked them up to a 12 volt battery charger (you need at least a 10 amp one) and hid a row of red C9 lights out of sight behind the grille. The whole works was hooked up to an old motion sensor yard light controller that would activate the "Ghost Rider Car" for around half a minute when the trick-or-treaters walked past it on the way to my door. They thought it was "awesome" and some of the more inquisitive ones even asked me how it worked!

When I was working on Haunted Houses, we just used a plain "Fluorescent Blue" spray paint.   It provided a nice bluish-white color.   We just got the cheapest one we could find = Home Depot, True Value or even Big Lots.    We used it on skulls and Bats, and even clowns painted on the walls.

Just try it out on another scrap piece of anything really, to test the color under a black light before painting your whole skeleton.

Use Rit fabric whitener get it at a fabric store or mega market.  Mix as instructed then use a brush or a had sprayer to apply.  After the water evaporates what is left glows very well.   Works on fabric and also most other stuff.   I use it on my crank ghosts.