Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Bobby&Bobbie

Our choir set up in our display

Here is the choir set up we built in during the summer actualy set up in our display. The nativity is one of four that we have between the two homes. This nativity was given to me by my parents for my 15th birthday and I am now 42. The overall picture is both of our homes, my mothers and mine is on the right. We have about 400 + blow molds in the complete display. These are the first picture that we took this year. I will post more of the blow molds later including the ET blow mold we have had for about 25 years.

Bobby & Bobbie[ATTACH]26717[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26718[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26720[/ATTACH]

Not this Sunday. I passed on it this year. No way I could get it set up by the end of October. We were on Crazy Christmas lights four years ago. It is in reruns this year on TLC. Check it out if you can. We will retake more pictures this evening if the weather clear up. I will post some more later.

Thanks, Bobby

Guest A.F.NUT

Simply amazing! I love the way you wrap the trees and the shutters! Were you in the Christmas lights book? It looks so familiar to me. Very nice! Tom

Thanks for all the compliments. I have been decorating for 32 years since I was 10. I joined PC last year and I love it. I do not post too much but I am sure I will do more now. Its great to get compliments for the people who stop by every night. But it is a awesome feeling to get compliments from other decorators. Here is a closer picture of the choir. I should have posted this instead of the flowers. Yes we did make the flowers. We have a total of 15 through out the setup. We have three different flowers and all are different. I get asked many times a night where I purchased them and or will I sell them. Home made here and not for sale.

Thanks, Bobby[ATTACH]26823[/ATTACH]

Love the flowers as well. A local couple use to have huge wooden cutout ones lit up at Christmas but they have since passed on and no idea what happened to the decorations. I just saw you on TLC.

We watched the TLC showas ladt night. Even watched Crazy Christmas Lights again, like I have not watched it a hindred times. it just means more watching it during Christmas and withen two hours of the new show with people that we can really relate to because of PC. I will take pictutes of the flowers tonight and post how we made them.

Thanks, Bobby

I have been admiring your choir. If you don't mind.....How do you keep your choir people and angels up?

It looks as if they are attached to poles of some sort. Is this correct and what are they made of?

Thanks

I have been admiring your choir. If you don't mind.....How do you keep your choir people and angels up?

It looks as if they are attached to poles of some sort. Is this correct and what are they made of?

Thanks

They did a couple of threads this past summer on the choir, a truly incredible display! This thread shows the whole set up:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=32424

And this one shows an up close detail for connecting the peeps:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=33511

They did a couple of threads this past summer on the choir, a truly incredible display! This thread shows the whole set up:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=32424

And this one shows an up close detail for connecting the peeps:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=33511

Thanks so much for the links Elaine. I didn't know that the information existed. It was before I joined. I did search but there were over 60 threads for choir peeps and I gave up after reading about 3/4 or them.

Thanks so much for the links Elaine. I didn't know that the information existed. It was before I joined. I did search but there were over 60 threads for choir peeps and I gave up after reading about 3/4 or them.

No problem! It was actually easy to find. I remembered the thread because their choir is just incredible. I just clicked on Bobby & Bobbie's profile, and searched through their posts, since I knew they had created the previous thread.

I hope to have a nice big choir in my display some day! This is my inspiration!

:D