Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
redsea300

Bay Area

HEY HEY !! I thought I would bring up an old thread back to life. LOL

Our show is on its third year running and has evolved/grown faster that we would have imagined but yet it keeps getting more refined and more of a show rather than a bunch of lights going blink blink blink. Thanks to you of you here on PL for all the inspiration and motivation to produce a show that creates memories to last a life time.

I don�t have a web site but, you can find my videos if you got to Youtube and do a search for �BumbleRadio�. For Christmas 2008 I had five mini trees with red and green lights, four reindeers, a multi- colored wreath, the eves, and columns. This year (no video yet) I�ve add a 10� snowflake, three leaping arches with 7 segments, some penguins, and added another channel to each of the five mini trees. I also do Halloween and the videos are on youtube as well.

I checked out your web site, very cool.

I looked at your videos. I hope I don't walk on your FM from my show . LOL I am using the came frequency here.

East Bay here checking in! I don't do a ton of lights but lots of plywood cut outs! Have 2 houses (mine and my parents) - my parents are in Clayton we won the city decorating contest 3 years in a row a few years back. We do a toy drive at their house for the Bay Area Crisis Nursery.

I also have a fiberglass Santa and Elf display for sale if anybody is interested!

I am the volunteer show director for a new charity Christmas display in Clayton, CA.

The show is called "A Heart for Christmas" and is an outreach/donation hotspot for children with terminal diseases.

"A Heart for Christmas" is a charity Christmas display located in Clayton, Ca.
Located on a one-acre, walk-through property, the display features over 15,500 lights, 12 RGB Flood Lights, five lasers, and two snow machines! 

We aim to make this one-acre walkthrough/synchronized light show a family tradition for all Northern California families.

However, due to some constraints, we are only able to put up the display the Friday-Sunday after Thanksgiving.

If you and your family would like to join us in building this fun and charitable display, please let me know.

We will have a buffet available for volunteers and you are invited to bring a pot-luck dish to share.

Let me know by commenting or emailing info (at) aheartforchristmas (dot) com.

Our facebook page is still being built but can be found at Facebook.com/HeartForChristmas

Hey Bay Area!

We are looking for volunteers of the Christmas variety to come down to Clayton and help with our setup this year!

If you are available October 12th, please consider joining us? All the details are at this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16CHKEf-CDQUC6p7zIpwzYxPelojJWYEm9Nc17lqU41s/edit?usp=sharing

Hi!  I'm the composer and performer of the OFFICIAL theme song of Planet Christmas..."The House on Christmas Street!"  Every year for the past four years I have gone on a tour of Christmas decorator's houses all over the country, where I do concerts on the lawn or in the driveway with the lights of displays as my setting!  I am performing in California at Jeff Holmes' "A Heart for Christmas" in Clayton on December 17th....but I had an earlier cancelation and find myself with an opening on the 16th.  Anyone in the Bay Area interested in booking a concert?  Inquire here if you have any questions.  There is no cost to you except for a hotel/motel/flophouse room for me.  Here are the three requirements:

1.  You need to use THe House on Christmas Street in your display so I may sing along with your decorations!

2.  You must collect for a charity of your choice on the night of my concert

3. It is your job to publicize the concert. I provide a press release, pictures and posters, but you have to get the word out.

If you are interested please either respond here or find me on Facebook or on my website!

Hope to hear from you!

Judy

I am in Morgan Hill and the 3rd year at this house after moving out of Willow Glen. Display includes:

• 8 CTB16's for a total of 128 channels
  • 6 CB100D controlling 12 strings on my Mega Tree
  • 1 CMD24D controlling 12 RGB flood lights
  • 4 Holiday Coro Singing Christmas Trees
  • 4  8 segment 100 light segment 
  • 5 Shooting stars from a 20' pole
  • 2 Mega stars, 1 - 3 segment on top of the shooting star pole, the other is a coroplast 5 segment star on top of my Mega tree
  • 4 Holiday Coro white Christmas trees, each with RGW lights
  • 10  30" mini trees with 300 lights each
  • Lights on house and fence
  • Driveway lined with lights
  • Two North Poles with supporting my "Tune to" frequency sign

Plan to start the display Thanksgiving evening

At the moment, have 13 sequences planned, 7 complete, rest need some tweaking to this years configuration

Curious, how do others place there controllers? I have always been concerned about theft, so have most of my controllers in a dedicated shed with 80Amp service0 in my backyard with extension cords going out to the various props.

I got some small tiny and small locks from OSH and just attach them to the tree, or a close object if possible.  Keeps the mischief down from someone just walking away with them.  

I've done a display for 12 years or so and the only mischief has been someone unscrewing lights around the sidewalk.  weird.

Willow Glen eh?   Owner if I ever rolled by.   What street was it on?

-Webslinger

Webslingeer, I owned the house at the corner of Isabel and Santa Inez. We moved to Morgan Hill, great huge lot now, more room for lights !

On 11/27/2017 at 8:17 AM, jwblazek said:

Webslingeer, I owned the house at the corner of Isabel and Santa Inez. We moved to Morgan Hill, great huge lot now, more room for lights !

Nice!  good for you-congrats!