Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
W Lewis

How do I add a transmittor?

I have the LOR complete package controller. I have previously used outdoor speakers. I am thinking of getting a Whole House Transmittor this year. What else would I need to get set up?

That is basically all you need. Everything from there is just an enhancement like the antenna. Don't forget a sign to tell people what station to tune their car radio to.

Are you going to run both speakers and transmit? If so, you will need a Y adapter to split your music from your computer/controller to your transmitter and amplifier. You will also need the appropriate cabling to make the connections.

First year LOR user here. I just tested my Whole House Transmitter Sunday for the first time. It worked amazingly well. I live in the center of my block, and had crystal clear reception from one end of the block to the other. I also had partial reception as far as 3 blocks away! I used nothing but the supplied antenna.

Today I installed a MobileBlackBox V6000 and used an extra computer in the garage for an audio source. I am glad I bought the external antenna because line of sight at 200mW started to fail at about 150'. The external antenna was closer to 1000'. We will see when I get it mounted on the 2nd story roof this weekend.

http://www.mobileblackbox.com/content/view/40/75/

OFFER EXTENDED

V6000 FM Audio transmitter Original Price $229 Sale price US$99.99

Edited by PsyberTech
added current pricing....

ACK!!!!

DO NOT BUY THE ONE I JUST LISTED ABOVE!!!

It works great and all.. but it is the MONO version...

for $129.00 you can get the Eclipse-4000 which is in (stereo)

That is unless someone has a better recommendation for me?

Personally, I would not be too concerned about the mono if you are using for just Christmas or you were going to broadcast talk radio around the house.

I don't think most people sitting in there car will realize or care. Unless, of course, you have programmed your lights to correspond the stereo separation of the music itself.

I just got my Whole House Transmittor today, took me about 10 minutes to hook it up, and I am getting good reception for about 150 feet. But the channels that you can choose are limited from like 106.7 through 107.9. This might be an issue in some areas.

Instead of running a "Y" from my music source (the PC) I bought a cheap clock radio and hide that in a tree protected from the elements. This serves a couple purposes - first - it allows folks walking by to hear your show (whole point of the "Y" concept) but it also verifies that your transmitter is running! Unless you have a separate radio somewhere you might not have any idea that your transmitter blew up or the output is bad in other ways.

hi all

The bad thing about the whole house transmitter is it uses the same freq that the FFA or laymens terms the Airports use because radio stations do not use these freq. if you are close to a airport or line of flight and you use a whole house transmitter that transmit more than 200 meters you could get a visit from the FCC just ask Mash71 the men in black paid him a visit. I got the hlly 0.5 watt off of ebay $16.00 and it works fine its a stero pll system and transmitts still too far for my taste outside no mods 4 to 6 blocks I had to put it on the floor in the back room to cut it down to 2 blocks.

Don :santasmileyitty:

I bought a Ramsey and have crystal clear coverage anywhere in the square block and about 3 blocks of straight line. I put the transmitter in the second story window with the stock antenna and it seems to work fine...

I use a WHT also.....Just a little advice if it happens to you.....If you plug it directly into the back of your computer stero jack and get staticy reception....plug in a set of computer speakers and plug it into the head phone jack on the speakers......took me 3 hours to figure that out my first year.