Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
chris516

New haul!

I found another ad selling blow molds! I guess there are more people starting to sell them out here. :D Anyway on to the mini haul. I saw an ad late last night advertising some Christmas stuff.

I called up the lady and she said that it was too late(around 9pm and we are about and hour away) to come by last night but, I could come by tomorrow if I would like. I said yes of course. We got there this morning to find a GF Santa, GF Camel, Empire wisemen and a Empire set of Mary,Joesph and Jesus. My Blow mold collection has grown from 2 to 12 in the last 2 months!

I also got a few other things from the ad. A wireframe Trumpet Angel, a plastic frame Sleigh and 2 Reindeer and a plastic frame Santa and Snowman. All for $30! The lights on the plastic guys are out. But 10 minutes with the light keeper should fix it. I will be posting night pics of the nativity shortly. Enough chat time for pictures! :D

post-6902-129571158458_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158469_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158485_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158495_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carrie Sansing
Inappropriate title

Totally cool hall Chris516. Great Nativity set. Totally dig the Santa.

Edited by Carrie Sansing

Wow! Congrats on your finds.

Thanks guys for the comments. I wasn't here so I don't know what went down with the whole title thing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the title I used. I just thought it would be a cool title considering I got my first nativity featuring Jesus. It was a bad choice on my part.

Sorry again to anyone(including Carrie) I offended by using the title I chose,

Chris

WOW nice finds there luv thos wireframes!! that Gold....ok Silver for me cuz i mine it lol

Thank you, Here are a couple night pictures of the Nativity and the Santa mold. I will post pictures of the plastic frame guys when I get their light strings fixed.

post-6902-129571158704_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158717_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158726_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158741_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571158752_thumb.jpg

Update, I got all of the plastic frame guys working again. While I was working on them I noticed that it said copyright 1993 Santa's Best on them. So they are somewhat vintage. :cool: The only one I haven't been able to get working fully again is the Angel. It has a 2 channel chaser set on it and I think one of the channels is dead or something. I spent an hour checking all of the bulbs on it and I couldn't get the other half to light up. I may just have to restring it if I can't get the original set working again we shall see. Anyway here are some night pics of them...

Chris

post-6902-129571159463_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571159473_thumb.jpg

post-6902-12957115948_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571159488_thumb.jpg

post-6902-129571159496_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris516

You got some nice molds there Chris and some nice wireframes.

Thanks for sharing the pics of them and I can't wait to see them in your display!