Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
alvise3

My First (real) Haul

Today I got my first big load of molds. I got

2 union candles

2 tpi candles

4 empire toy soldiers

1 grand venture drummer boy

santas best mickey and minnie carolers

I got all these for 20.00 (thats less than 2.00 each) I was so happy to find mickey and minnie. I'm finally able to post pictures now so here you go... enjoy (I hope I did it right)

post-5663-129571156088_thumb.jpg

post-5663-129571156098_thumb.jpg

post-5663-129571156102_thumb.jpg

post-5663-129571156108_thumb.jpg

Oh also, all molds are in real good condition all came with working cords except 2 soldiers. 11 molds total. :)

Today I got my first big load of molds. I got

2 union candles

2 tpi candles

4 empire toy soldiers

1 grand venture drummer boy

santas best mickey and minnie carolers

I got all these for 20.00 (thats less than 2.00 each) I was so happy to find mickey and minnie. I'm finally able to post pictures now so here you go... enjoy (I hope I did it right)

I think you meant to say you have 2 TPI Trumpet Angels.

Just thought I would help you out by letting you know about that.

Very nice finds. I know that the Mickey and Minnie are hard to come by at a price like that. Especially in that condition. Good going on the soldiers too. I want to start collecting those guys too.

Chris

Great finds!! Mickey and Minnie still elude me!! And the price... you stole them lol : )

Jim

It was actually an entire display for sale from an older gentleman, I wanted more but I got all the blowmolds first. and yes Mickey and Minnie are awesome, but then again I love/collect anything disney :) and the tpi trumpet angels are so much more beautiful in person, I hope they'll go well with my empire set.

Edited by alvise3
spelled empire wrong

Awesome deal you got.

I paid 10.00 each for my Mickey & Minnie.The smaller mickey cost me more but was very happy to add to my collection.I also lucked out & got the small minnie free from my blowmold guy.He actually called me this morning & told me he bought me a fiber optic snowman.Now I can't wait to go buy the nativity from him & get my snowman.

Congrats on your finds!

Great find for the price for sure.

Yes you will love the trumpet angels. I have 20 of them now (4 each of them with pink, green, yellow, blue, and white dresses). They just look so nice.

I have started to modify mine (I know, oh no he's mauling them. :eek:) to use 3 bulbs in each one. I like the extra light in them and they look so much better with the whole mold lite up to me. But I think that they are going to "steal the show" once I get everything set up. The different color dresses and the extra lighting makes them look awesome.

Here are a couple of pictures of them as I was doing the mods.

First is with the standard 1 bulb and the 2nd is with the 3 bulbs.

I like having the bases lite by using the extra bulbs and it gives them a better overall glow with the extra light.

post-8660-129571157095_thumb.jpg

post-8660-129571157105_thumb.jpg

Edited by beeiilll

The different color dresses and the extra lighting makes them look awesome.

I like having the bases lite by using the extra bulbs and it gives them a better overall glow with the extra light.

I agree. There really is a big difference. Great Job!

Guest A.F.NUT

It was actually an entire display for sale from an older gentleman, I wanted more but I got all the blowmolds first. and yes Mickey and Minnie are awesome, but then again I love/collect anything disney :) and the tpi trumpet angels are so much more beautiful in person, I hope they'll go well with my empire set.

Those Angels go great with the Empire set. I bought my first one for that set. I have added a few since, you will like them! You got a great deal on everything! Tom