Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
satuthill

LED Holiday Lighting Order Status?

It is the individual who states that they have not had a lick of trouble the past 2 yrs and will be going back to tempt fate next year. That is the person whom I was addressing without calling out by name.

You're obviously referring to me without calling me out by name ;)

I want to clarify (and would like you to go back and read my post) that I never said I would go back to him next year. Further, yes I ordered from him this year even though folks had trouble last year... however, he had an excuse last year for all the issues that were experienced by some and he at least attempted to make good with free shipping, etc. NOW, in hindsight, considering the recurrence of events this year, you are right, we would all be foolish to trust him next year and even I, someone who has ordered from him 3 out of the last 4 years, should take that into consideration.

That being said, if we were to all judge our vendors by one poor year of performance, there would be nobody else left to order from... that is why I gave Travis another chance this year. It wasn't the line of thought "oh it could never happen to me, just the others"...

Louie, I don't think Max is talking to you either.

I think he's talking to the people who come in here and post, "I've never had any trouble, I'll be ordering from him next year." They seem to have an attitude like we're either making all these problems up, or it's somehow our fault that our orders weren't as perfect as theirs.

If you ordered from Travis and have never had any issues. You are one of the lucky few. I know we all hope no one has to go through any of the crap we had to deal with. So we are trying to warn people that there is a good chance you will get the short end of the stick.

Just dont come in here next year complaining that you are not getting your order, shipping promises made, have been broken, now I'm not going to get to have a show this year, my wife and dog left me because I was so stressed to the max over losing hundred, if not thousands of dollars AFTER being warned.

YOU WILL GET NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!

I did not purchase from Travis in 09. I did see all the post about problems they were having and was dealing with problems of my own with another LED vendor. I knew after my loss with this other vendor I could/would not order from them. My problems with the other vendor had nothing to do with not getting the stuff I ordered or lack of communication. It was a quality issue, and I got stuck with lights that won't dim and I can't use.

I read post after post about people having problems getting orders, and communication problems with Travis. I also saw where Travis posted about the problems he was having behind the scenes. I also thought he should have done a better job handling that problem while still taking care of his other customers. I thought his performance (or lack of) in 09 was behind him and things would be different. I was wrong.

I am down 2 LED vendors that are/were? suppliers for people here. One of them is sworn by many here that he is the best and has even been referred to as "godsend". If that is the case not sure how I can improve my batting average with LED vendors. ; )

I did contact Travis by email yesterday about my spt plugs, which is the only thing I am still lacking. He responded within an hour or 2 and said they would ship out today (Wed) or Thurs. Then I got a tracking # from UPS. However, checking the tracking # tonight shows it has not been picked up yet. Still holding out hope I get all that I ordered.

I understand your concern!!

If you are refering to who I think you are as to the "other" vendor, I received the same lights. He offered to all purchasers to just return them for equal credit for new lights, from a different vendor.

I actually was able to use those M5s in my Halloween display, as I liked their small size, and they worked prefectly serving as eyes of skulls in gravestones. The regular slightly larger M5s would have been too large.

Having used them for 2 Halloween seasons to date (this is the third) I found they will dim without burning out. They are plenty bright being FWR.

I wouldn't use them for Christmas, as we get snow and ice and they are replaceable, but no corrosion issues yet from Halloween display use.

Given he made the return them offer unconditionally I feel comfortable sticking with him.

The issue with Travis on the other hand is not a supplier/quality issue, it's his lack of response to his customers, something that is entirely in his control.

Greg

I understand your concern!!

If you are refering to who I think you are as to the "other" vendor, I received the same lights. He offered to all purchasers to just return them for equal credit for new lights, from a different vendor.

I actually was able to use those M5s in my Halloween display, as I liked their small size, and they worked prefectly serving as eyes of skulls in gravestones. The regular slightly larger M5s would have been too large.

Having used them for 2 Halloween seasons to date (this is the third) I found they will dim without burning out. They are plenty bright being FWR.

I wouldn't use them for Christmas, as we get snow and ice and they are replaceable, but no corrosion issues yet from Halloween display use.

Given he made the return them offer unconditionally I feel comfortable sticking with him.

The issue with Travis on the other hand is not a supplier/quality issue, it's his lack of response to his customers, something that is entirely in his control.

Greg

Well I took advantage of the return them for equal credit for new light. Don't think they came from a different vendor (factory) though. The junk we all got in 08 was replaced in 09. However, its the replacement lights, the blue, that got dimmer and dimmer during the lighting season. Thru emails I was told he was thru with the exchange. So the short of it is I got burned on 24 strings of blue lights I can't use.

Anyway, while replacing my mini tree lights again because of bad lights while plugging them in the green also has a problem. So it seems most of my replacements were also junk. I think at this point I will just scrap all the lights I got in the exchange. The sad part is I still have cases that have not even been opened. I am considering all of it junk and looking for another vendor.

I will agree that he did a stand up thing in replacing the lights from the 08 pre-buy. However, the junk I got in the exchange was not much better.

I purchased lights from this same vendor in his 09 pre-buy. If my exchange lights had been of the same quality, I would not have had a problem.

Its been two days now since I got a tracking number from Travis on my shipment. It still does not show that it is in transit.

Well I took advantage of the return them for equal credit for new light. Don't think they came from a different vendor (factory) though. The junk we all got in 08 was replaced in 09. However, its the replacement lights, the blue, that got dimmer and dimmer during the lighting season. Thru emails I was told he was thru with the exchange. So the short of it is I got burned on 24 strings of blue lights I can't use.

Anyway, while replacing my mini tree lights again because of bad lights while plugging them in the green also has a problem. So it seems most of my replacements were also junk. I think at this point I will just scrap all the lights I got in the exchange. The sad part is I still have cases that have not even been opened. I am considering all of it junk and looking for another vendor.

I will agree that he did a stand up thing in replacing the lights from the 08 pre-buy. However, the junk I got in the exchange was not much better.

I purchased lights from this same vendor in his 09 pre-buy. If my exchange lights had been of the same quality, I would not have had a problem.

Its been two days now since I got a tracking number from Travis on my shipment. It still does not show that it is in transit.

You will have a new vendor. We just started a company today and all papers have been signed. Should have the Pre order prices by Jan 2011, look for us before that showing the lights that will be available.

Hi PC family,

I'm sorry that so many have had issues with their orders. I ordered 8 70L Green C6 sets this weekend and they arrived by UPS today. They are perfect and arrived much sooner than I expected. Service was great for me.

I think he's talking to the people who come in here and post, "I've never had any trouble, I'll be ordering from him next year." They seem to have an attitude like we're either making all these problems up, or it's somehow our fault that our orders weren't as perfect as theirs.

Oh ok, sounds good. I have been trying to follow this thread, but I didn't see anybody else post that they had good experience with Travis. I thought I was the only one. As I said in the previous post, he has been given his chance and I definitely agree that, going forward, folks should consider whether or not to do business with him. There is no arguing that, no matter how you look at it, even for me having had good luck with him.

Some will say that he shouldn't have been given a chance this year either, and with that I disagree, but I respectfully disagree, not disrespectfully ;)

It is always interesting to see those who are warned that there is danger ahead. And yet they will put their head down and run straight right into it. And they do this based on the fast that they themselves have not been harmed. I suppose they do not believe in the phase "Your turn in the barrel". I suppose I will just have to sit back and watch for the next train wreck.

If you are reading any negativity. That was not my intent. My intent is to warn others to sub-standard service from this company.

you didnt think this 50 plus page thread was enough to warn others??

not at all i am saying in 2 years i have had nothing but good service from travis and i do know many others havent been so lucky and that sucks when you point me in the direction of a vendor that i can buy any number of strings c9 leds c9 strigers etc then maybe i will look elsewhere and not tempt fate untill that day i will try travis again

not at all i am saying in 2 years i have had nothing but good service from travis and i do know many others havent been so lucky and that sucks when you point me in the direction of a vendor that i can buy any number of strings c9 leds c9 strigers etc then maybe i will look elsewhere and not tempt fate untill that day i will try travis again

That's definitely a different point that has to be made here. One of the other favorite vendors requires case orders and that will prevent many from ordering from him. I think Travis also appealed to many people who didn't want to be limited to case orders... so maybe they went to him because they couldn't order a case of lights and there were only a couple other games in town after that... both of which are more expensive for comparable product I'm pretty sure... although a heck of a lot more reliable in hindsight ;)

That's definitely a different point that has to be made here. One of the other favorite vendors requires case orders and that will prevent many from ordering from him. I think Travis also appealed to many people who didn't want to be limited to case orders... so maybe they went to him because they couldn't order a case of lights and there were only a couple other games in town after that... both of which are more expensive for comparable product I'm pretty sure... although a heck of a lot more reliable in hindsight ;)

As I noted earlier, the "case quantity" issue is exactly what got me sticking with Travis. Next year, I'll deal with it, either by arranging a local group buy, or simply selling off the lights I don't need. I don't want this much stress trying to get an order fulfilled ever again.

For the record, I received a box from UPS today. I cracked it open tonight and my order is now complete. I hope others finally get theirs as well - and I'm sorry we all had to go through this hair-pulling exercise.

I am happy that Travis is able to fill other's orders. I am still waiting for any kind of a response from him. I've left many messages using both his help desk message service and phone call requests. I have heard nothing since September 22nd which follows:

(Message) "10 Message by Customer Service on Wed, 22nd Sep 2010 4:42 am

Ed - the remainder of your shipment is set to go out later this week with our next batch of shipments. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

LED Holiday Lighting Customer Service"

I just added another status update request, still waiting........

I am happy that Travis is able to fill other's orders. I am still waiting for any kind of a response from him. I've left many messages using both his help desk message service and phone call requests. I have heard nothing since September 22nd which follows:

(Message) "10 Message by Customer Service on Wed, 22nd Sep 2010 4:42 am

Ed - the remainder of your shipment is set to go out later this week with our next batch of shipments. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

LED Holiday Lighting Customer Service"

I just added another status update request, still waiting........

Are you opening new 'tickets' or just adding responses to the same ticket. I always did the latter, and although it sometimes took a "bump" or two, I usually got a response.

Hi Tim, thank you for your reply. I have tried both. I've added responses to the same ticket and when there was no response, I started another ticket. Since Travis's last response on Sept 22nd (see post 588 above), I've added responses dated Oct 2nd, 7th, 13th, 18th and 22nd on the original ticket. On October 8th seeing no response to the original ticket, I started another. I've since added a response to that ticket on Oct 18th and 22nd. I've called and left phone messages twice on his Customer Service 1-888-657-6510 number.

I'm starting to feel a little like Jacob Marley :(

Hi Tim, thank you for your reply. I have tried both. I've added responses to the same ticket and when there was no response, I started another ticket. Since Travis's last response on Sept 22nd (see post 588 above), I've added responses dated Oct 2nd, 7th, 13th, 18th and 22nd on the original ticket. On October 8th seeing no response to the original ticket, I started another. I've since added a response to that ticket on Oct 18th and 22nd. I've called and left phone messages twice on his Customer Service 1-888-657-6510 number.

I'm starting to feel a little like Jacob Marley :(

Based on reports from last year and my own experiences, I have to believe that there must be certain "categories" of customers in the LED Holiday Lighting world. Category 1 customers get decent service and have minor problems corrected promptly (That's where I stood last year). Category 2 customers have issues getting their orders shipped promptly, but usually get a response after an attempt or two. That's where I fell this year. Category 3 customers don't even warrant a response, and may end up never getting their product. I know of those folks from last year...

Not sure how you get in one category or another. I feared that being too harsh up front (e.g. I'm going to call the BBB!) might immediately get me into Category 3, so I tried to play the tapdance of subtle threats and acting patient the whole time... In any case, I finally got all my product. I'm very curious why some folks aren't even getting a response at all. Bad luck? Bad hair day? I have no idea, but it makes no sense, in both the business sense and common sense forms of the word...

Tim, I think your belief of "categories" of customers is correct. From the total lack of response it appears that I have been tagged as a category 3 customer in the LED Holiday Lighting World.

It's a very poor way to run a business and it will catch up with him.

All I had asked for was a status update on my order but apparently that was asking too much.

I have also been given the cold shoulder from Travis with many attempts to just get an update. The only update that I got, and it was very partial, was after I trashed him hard on FB, he posts there a lot. Since I could no longer wait I ordered what I needed to start with from Paul. Received my order fast and am grateful to his service. I just wish that I had ordered from him in the first place.

Still waiting for STP plugs and some lights from the clearance sale. Is anyone still waiting for STP plugs? Who has received them?

Travis won't respond to emails.

Still waiting for STP plugs and some lights from the clearance sale. Is anyone still waiting for STP plugs? Who has received them?

Travis won't respond to emails.

I am still waiting on stp plugs. Have been told twice they will ship. Even got a shipping # once. The last time I was told they would ship was 10/25. If they shipped then they should be there by now.

I had not had problems in the past with Travis. This is a first for me. I got most of my order delivered in August, but am still missing about $400 worth of icicle LED lights. He has yet to respond to multiple emails and to two recent telephone calls. He has always previously given me some sort of response, but not this time. Terribly disappointed.

There has been no contact from Travis to my many attempts to contact him through the various means :mad:. Because of this I have just requested cancellation of the remainder of my order and an immediate refund for the outstanding balance of my good faith deposit.