Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
bigcat1967

My favorite christmas tune is...

Wonderful Christmastime - The Shins (I prefer it over the Paul McCartney version)

Deck the Halls - SheDaisy  <---Has anyone sequenced this?  Would be great

Merry Christmas Baby - Bruce Springsteen

On Christmas Morning - Raffi

• Like 1

"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby is my all-time favorite.

"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole is a very close second place.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to find a favorite.  I love all of the traditional Christmas songs and a "few" newer ones.  Browsing around in the portals of the internet, I think this one is very unique. 

Percy really knew how to do 'em.

If you enjoy the 'old school' versions of Christmas music you may like

Percy Faith

Bert Kaempfert

Hollyridge Strings

Mantovani...

all good instrumental stuff.  To pick a favorite is just too tough.

Find me a better version of 'Good King Wenceslas'.

Dare Ya. Bet you can't do it!

Crank it up, and enjoy!

Percy is definitely tough to beat.

Currently:

Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix

My Favorite Time of Year by The Florin Street Band

Why Did Christmas Have to Change by Kieran Mercer

Happy x-mas, there's been so many covers but lennons is still the best, though everyone's done it justice.

Here is christmas - heart, I heard it once on the radio, and listened to Christmas music for five years consecutively just to hear it again, but they never played it again! Wasn't until like, a decade later that I finally got to download it.

And of course, Silent night, no christmas is complete without listening to as many versions as possible.

One of my favs is Tony Sandler & Ralph Young's  "I Sing Noel"   Each year True Value Hardware Stores released an Annual Christmas Album titled "Happy Holidays!" and it was available exclusively from the stores.   What differed  In 1976's Album Twelve was instead of 8-10 various artists having tracks on the recording, the entire record was devoted to Sandler & Young.  Yes, record, those plastic disc thingys we used to have music stored on..... LOL   Track #2 that year on side one is "I Sing Noel."  Dad picked an album up every year, until I was old enough to start getting my own and kinda sorta inherited all his earlier ones.  We either missed out or misplaced #1 but I continued getting them until they were no longer available except on cassette tape.  I'm not sure how many I have collected, they have been stored in the back of a closet since my last turntable gave out. Hmmmm, turntable........  Salvation Army store, Goodwill ????

All of these are good. I'd have to say my favorite would be any version (so far) of "Carol of the Bells" . I've used the Carpenters, David Foster, Straight, No Chaser, & Celtic Women

versions in our show. :P

ALL the old christmas music....Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride,Bing Crosby, Perry Como,Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and Karen Carpenter....how can you go wrong...wish they where around.Todays stuff isn't at ALL ,good.